MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

TY..........so they still have a shot to overtake them.  Did I mention I hate the Yankees?  LOL

No problem. Folks seem to "hate" on successful sports franchises, Cowboys, Patriots, etc. But for all of that, the Yanks have a ton of fans and you notice it, especially when they travel to other cities. Ticket sales are better and I have seen games where the Yankee fans are about 50/50.

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree. What's the rush?

The only thing that makes sense to me is to appease the fans. I see no benefit doing this now. Take a week or two, catch your breath, evaluate season...and put a feeler out there to see if Girardi would be interested. If he's not you can still hire Shildt in mid-October and have the same result.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The only thing that makes sense to me is to appease the fans. I see no benefit doing this now. Take a week or two, catch your breath, evaluate season...and put a feeler out there to see if Girardi would be interested. If he's not you can still hire Shildt in mid-October and have the same result.

That is what gets me about this.  Girardi is out there.

I'm holding onto my lifeline button just in case !!Why you might ask ? Well , it is because that IDIOT Dave Roberts finally used a sacrifice bunt in the bottom of the ninth inning after Alex Verdugo and Max Muncy drew walks to start the inning ! Matt kemp then delivered a game winning 2 rbi double !! It was the first time that I can recall this season that DUMBO had someone sacrifice bunt other than a pitcher !!It was the BIGGEST win [so far] this season as the Dodgers reclaimed first place in the Nationa League West Division ( Despite having an IDIOT for a manager !!  It took 147 games until Dumbo finally managed like he wanted to win , [imho } !! By the way , the relief pitcher that the Dodger Front office just acquired , Ryan Madson , who came in and put out the fire in the top of the 7th. inning when the Snakes [Arizona ] had two men on base !! Thank you Dodger Front Office ( and not that IDIOT Roberts )

On 9/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, rico said:

Good news.....Bad news.

The good news is(for us Reds fans) that Homer Bailey has been removed from the rotation.

The bad news is(for the rest of the NL) that Homer Bailey has been removed from the rotation. 

Reds were supposed to wait until after he pitched against the Cubs one more time!

Dumbo Dave Roberts strikes again !! In the middle of a hot pennant race , DUMBO leaves starting pitcher Alex Wood in to give up EIGHT HITS and SEVEN RUNS in only Four innings !! Final score ::Dodgers SIX----- REDS TEN !! With the September call up , The Dodgers had TWELVE PITCHERS available to use -YET DUMBO leaves a starter in to give up 8 HITS and 7 RUNS in 4 INNINGS  ( AND lost to the REDS who  were TWENTY-TWO GAMES BELOW .500 going into tonight's game) !!!!   Dumbo Roberts TOTALLY SUCKS AS A MANAGER , IMHO !!!!!!   

40 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Dumbo Dave Roberts strikes again !! In the middle of a hot pennant race , DUMBO leaves starting pitcher Alex Wood in to give up EIGHT HITS and SEVEN RUNS in only Four innings !! Final score ::Dodgers SIX----- REDS TEN !! With the September call up , The Dodgers had TWELVE PITCHERS available to use -YET DUMBO leaves a starter in to give up 8 HITS and 7 RUNS in 4 INNINGS  ( AND lost to the REDS who  were TWENTY-TWO GAMES BELOW .500 going into tonight's game) !!!!   Dumbo Roberts TOTALLY SUCKS AS A MANAGER , IMHO !!!!!!   

Actually it was 6 runs in 3 2/3 innings for Wood.  I want some more Dodgers.  Cincy is 5-0 against them this year.  And FWIW, the Reds are not offensively challenged.

Well thru 7 innings the Yanks are getting no-hit by Jake Odor Easy. What seemed like a comfortable WC lead 6 games) a week ago, is now down to 1 after the Oakland A's beat up on the hapless Orioles tonight. It would be the sh*ts if they have to leave Fenway the last day of the regular season and fly all the way to Oakland.

This team has been one of the most frustrating teams for me to watch, they play like they have no urgency. Plus Boones managing of the bull pen leave me scratching my head. I almost hope they don't make the playoffs, they don't deserve it!

8 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well thru 7 innings the Yanks are getting no-hit by Jake Odor Easy. What seemed like a comfortable WC lead 6 games) a week ago, is now down to 1 after the Oakland A's beat up on the hapless Orioles tonight. It would be the sh*ts if they have to leave Fenway the last day of the regular season and fly all the way to Oakland.

This team has been one of the most frustrating teams for me to watch, they play like they have no urgency. Plus Boones managing of the bull pen leave me scratching my head. I almost hope they don't make the playoffs, they don't deserve it!

Well from what I have read the Yanks pitching all the way around has been in a swoon.  And I would also surmise they need Judge back.  That being said give credit where credit is due....the A's have the best record in baseball since June 21st.

As a Reds fan I Hope they don't bring back Riggleman as the manager.  Two day sin a row he too out a starter who had not given up a run.  Yesterday Harvey went 6 without a run and only threw 94 pitches.  The Reds were up 2-0 and the bullpen gave up 3 in the 7th.  Today Reed went 5 shutout innings and he took him out f a 0-0 game and only had 91 pitches.  the next inning the bullpen gave up a run on the 6th.  I am so tired of todays managers taking out starters after 5 or 6 innings and not letting pitchers battle through some things.  The reds have a lot of young pitchers and Riggleman is a terrible manager for a young pitching staff because he will never challenge the pitcher to battle through adversity/

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

As a Reds fan I Hope they don't bring back Riggleman as the manager.  Two day sin a row he too out a starter who had not given up a run.  Yesterday Harvey went 6 without a run and only threw 94 pitches.  The Reds were up 2-0 and the bullpen gave up 3 in the 7th.  Today Reed went 5 shutout innings and he took him out f a 0-0 game and only had 91 pitches.  the next inning the bullpen gave up a run on the 6th.  I am so tired of todays managers taking out starters after 5 or 6 innings and not letting pitchers battle through some things.  The reds have a lot of young pitchers and Riggleman is a terrible manager for a young pitching staff because he will never challenge the pitcher to battle through adversity/

Your team is a 150 games out of first. No chance of anything. They got their 90 pitches in...and just a guess they are looking at relievers for next year and beyond. Every game is an audition for almost everyone on the roster.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Your team is a 150 games out of first. No chance of anything. They got their 90 pitches in...and just a guess they are looking at relievers for next year and beyond. Every game is an audition for almost everyone on the roster.

I agree with you, however there was no excuse for taking Harvey out on Friday night.  He is a FA at the end of the season and if they are gonna make him an offer better see what he can do.

45 minutes ago, rico said:

I agree with you, however there was no excuse for taking Harvey out on Friday night.  He is a FA at the end of the season and if they are gonna make him an offer better see what he can do.

I get it and to a point agree with Scott as well....but certain teams have been trying out different players since Mid-August just to see what they have or highlight to others what they have. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I get it and to a point agree with Scott as well....but certain teams have been trying out different players since Mid-August just to see what they have or highlight to others what they have. 

Harvey was a proven commodity......now he is trying to resurrect his career.  He ain't one of the Reds young pitchers.

Archived