MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Very interesting. I love the idea for the wild card. 

Actually if you do some more searches on it you will find other thoughts and ideas on how it "should" be set up.  The kicker is the most important thing is what is what 2 cities are to be awarded franchises.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

It happens all the time.  What is good enough?  I dunno but I surmise Joe won't be unemployed for very long.

For the Yankees fans it's WS or bust. Apparently it was Yankee management that didn't want Joe back. This is the first time 3 managers that led their teams in the playoffs will not be back with their respective teams.

From listening to the talking heads yesterday, this is not totally unexpected. Girardi was making $4 million and wanted a raise to closer to what Torre made --$7 million. I guess Yankee ownership decided that they would rather spend on players instead of meeting his demands 

23 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Series back tonight in Houston tied 1-1...after crazy game 2. I really thought Dodgers did horrible job managing pitchers in game 2 and pulled Hill too early. That being said, anybody have any predictions on series? I will say Astros in 7...and I think they take game 3 tonight.

And your prophecy is fulfilled!!!!!

2 hours ago, rico said:

And your prophecy is fulfilled!!!!!

Nostradamus for one game ha. I don't know much about Houston's starter tonight, but I think Roberts is making a mistake pulling his starters so early...I don't believe Woods will go past 5 innings tonight...LA's pen could be in trouble tomorrow if he goes 4-5....although I'm sure he is hoping Kershaw can go 7 tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Nostradamus for one game ha. I don't know much about Houston's starter tonight, but I think Roberts is making a mistake pulling his starters so early...I don't believe Woods will go past 5 innings tonight...LA's pen could be in trouble tomorrow if he goes 4-5....although I'm sure he is hoping Kershaw can go 7 tomorrow.

I don't know how this thing is gonna turn out.  As I am no Nostradamus!  But I know one thing, if Houston wins tonight Game 5 will be quite interesting.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Seeing reports that the Cubs' Martinez will be the new Nats manager.

Yes, it won't be announced until after WS ends.  He was a candidate for Nats job at the time Dusty was hired.

Cubs fired their pitching coach, 3d base coach, and hitting coach.  Assistant hitting coach hired as head hitting coach for another team.  So they have a lot of management positions to fill this winter. 

38 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Yes, it won't be announced until after WS ends.  He was a candidate for Nats job at the time Dusty was hired.

Cubs fired their pitching coach, 3d base coach, and hitting coach.  Assistant hitting coach hired as head hitting coach for another team.  So they have a lot of management positions to fill this winter. 

Dave Martinez is negotiating salary with Nationals.

Cubs hired Jim Hickey for pitching coach...formerly with Tampa Bay. They hired Chili Davis as hitting coach.

4 hours ago, slojoe said:

Yanks did the same as well. Lots of coaching jobs available.

Archived