MLB discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, rico said:

On a side note.....the Reds did develop some talent, the players just play for other teams now!  Let me see....Cueto, Leake, Frazier, Bruce, Cozart, Chapman.  Just to name a few.  

Another problem was that they got nothing in the trades of Chapman, Cueto and Bruce

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Another problem was that they got nothing in the trades of Chapman, Cueto and Bruce

I don't follow the Reds much in terms of personnel decisions but you can't let those 3 guys go and basically get nothing. GM for White Sox Hahn finally convinced ownership and Kenny that they needed to max out on players. Time will tell if it will work for them (2-3 prospects have suffered major injuries already) but I applaud an organization for realizing they have to trade what they have. 

Kind of like Orioles right now. Machado and Britton should already be wearing other teams uniforms.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't follow the Reds much in terms of personnel decisions but you can't let those 3 guys go and basically get nothing. GM for White Sox Hahn finally convinced ownership and Kenny that they needed to max out on players. Time will tell if it will work for them (2-3 prospects have suffered major injuries already) but I applaud an organization for realizing they have to trade what they have. 

Kind of like Orioles right now. Machado and Britton should already be wearing other teams uniforms.

They have made some piss poor ones..........and it ain't just 3.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

They have made some piss poor ones..........and it ain't just 3.

I can't describe the feeling of knowing my team (Cubs are batting about .950) when it comes to decisions. Takes all the pressure off. Cubs had some playoff teams and a couple of runs before Theo but our organization was still hindered by ownership. For the first time in my life the Cubs are operating great on all levels. Now if I can just get the Bears to take a hint. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't describe the feeling of knowing my team (Cubs are batting about .950) when it comes to decisions. Takes all the pressure off. Cubs had some playoff teams and a couple of runs before Theo but our organization was still hindered by ownership. For the first time in my life the Cubs are operating great on all levels. Now if I can just get the Bears to take a hint. 

The Reds have been making moves......they are just all the wrong ones.

I'm not blind allegiance Cubs fan (close though) when it comes to Joe Maddon but Almora/Baez has to be the 1-2 guys. No more lineup tinkering. Cubs are 6-0 with Almora starting. I don't want to discard Happ while he works on his swing (shortening a bit I hope) but can't argue with Almora success and Baez is playing his best baseball ever.

My memory is failing me but I remember when the Cubs acquired Ben Zobrist.  I was looking through his transaction history and the Royals acquired Ben from the A's and one of the guys the Royals gave up was Sean in that trade.

Archived