MLB discussion

rico

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like I was binge watching a tv show. Just one more episode...gets to the end and they leave you hanging so you have to watch the next one.

It will be interesting to watch the Boston pitching staff tonight. If Rodriguez can't go very deep, will they bring in another good starter at some point (Sale?), will they try to stretch out their normal pen guys, will they put in Pomeranz if they get down to try to save guys for tomorrow? So many story lines from tonight's game.

Boston really needs 5+ innings from Rodriguez tonight.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I made it to the 14th inning last night before calling it quits. Still can’t believe Kinsler didn’t make that play in the 13th. 

I made it to the 16th then my kid woke up. I went to lay with her, intending to watch on my phone but I lasted probably 30 seconds that way. 

Kinsler should've held the ball when his foot caught the turf. 

21 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I felt like I was binge watching a tv show. Just one more episode...gets to the end and they leave you hanging so you have to watch the next one.

It will be interesting to watch the Boston pitching staff tonight. If Rodriguez can't go very deep, will they bring in another good starter at some point (Sale?), will they try to stretch out their normal pen guys, will they put in Pomeranz if they get down to try to save guys for tomorrow? So many story lines from tonight's game.

Boston really needs 5+ innings from Rodriguez tonight.

I mean, the pen is honestly fresh. No one went much yesterday except Eovaldi. Win this game, hand Sale the ball to close it out on Game 5. 

23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean, the pen is honestly fresh. No one went much yesterday except Eovaldi. Win this game, hand Sale the ball to close it out on Game 5. 

A lot of the normal pen guys are fresh, but will Cora trust them to go 5 or 6 innings or will he want to bring in a starter to try to get a few of them.

If Rodriguez goes 5+, no issues. If he only goes 2 or 3, they'll probably need some starter to get them through it.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

A lot of the normal pen guys are fresh, but will Cora trust them to go 5 or 6 innings or will he want to bring in a starter to try to get a few of them.

If Rodriguez goes 5+, no issues. If he only goes 2 or 3, they'll probably need some starter to get them through it.

They don't have a starter available to go more than a few outs unless they burn through Sale, which seems highly unlikely. 

29 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They don't have a starter available to go more than a few outs unless they burn through Sale, which seems highly unlikely. 

Sale, Porcello, and Price all supposedly went to Cora and told him they could start tonight's game. Under normal circumstances none of them would pitch, but in game 4 of the world series all 3 are on the table.

Having said that, Rodriguez has pitched really well and it looks like it will be a moot point unless it goes extra innings again.

20 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Sale, Porcello, and Price all supposedly went to Cora and told him they could start tonight's game. Under normal circumstances none of them would pitch, but in game 4 of the world series all 3 are on the table.

Having said that, Rodriguez has pitched really well and it looks like it will be a moot point unless it goes extra innings again.

Porcello started the game yesterday. 

Price is the one who could pitch, it has been two days since he started and he only pitched 2/3 of an inning yesterday. 

Sale, is on three days rest. He could have started, but since he didn't he needs to be saved for tomorrow. 

Either way, this is all moot as Eduardo has been dealing. 

The last two games haven't been the most exciting inning to inning games I've ever seen. The overall games are good, but they're dragging a bit in the middle. 5 total runs in 27 innings going back to the end of game 2. I appreciate a good pitcher's duel, but not the equivalent of 3 straight games worth.  Should have recorded tonight's game and watched later haha.

Just crazy to think that if Kinzler’s cleat doesn’t get stuck in the grass it’s 3-0 right now. Probably should have pulled Rodriguez, though as Fox showed Puig had been really bad against lefties. I just haven’t seen the Sox look this lifeless at the plate as they have the games 3 & 4. 

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just crazy to think that if Kinzler’s cleat doesn’t get stuck in the grass it’s 3-0 right now. Probably should have pulled Rodriguez, though as Fox showed Puig had been really bad against lefties. I just haven’t seen the Sox look this lifeless at the plate as they have the games 3 & 4. 

I would have pulled him before the Turner at bat. He was starting to look like he was running out of gas. Hasn't pitched a lot lately, especially long in games.

I also don't get Roberts pulling Hill for a lefty who was only going to face 1 hitter. Seems like a waste of a reliever.

9 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would have pulled him before the Turner at bat. He was starting to look like he was running out of gas. Hasn't pitched a lot lately, especially long in games.

I also don't get Roberts pulling Hill for a lefty who was only going to face 1 hitter. Seems like a waste of a reliever.

Definitely some puzzling moves by both managers. Gotta think Mookie Betta has a ‘moment’ in this series at some point. He hasn’t done much at the plate, really at all this postseason. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Definitely some puzzling moves by both managers. Gotta think Mookie Betta has a ‘moment’ in this series at some point. He hasn’t done much at the plate, really at all this postseason. 

Mookies and Xander have been terrible at the plate. Hard to think water won't find it's level. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He's been surprisingly disappointing in the postseason his whole career. .230 batting average, no home runs and only 3 RBIs in 20 games and over 80 at bats. You'd have to think at some point he'll snap out of that.

Archived