MLB discussion

rico

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thought the Reds were going to spend a lot more money to get top pitchers but have not happened yet.  I like the moves they have made so far but I was hoping for a little more from the Reds this off season.

Well that is what the FO said.  But they have picked up two starting pitchers via trade.  They are still looking for a 3rd arm.  Rumor has it that Reds have turned their attention to Derek Holland as FA signing.  Their outfield is full, without a true CF'er.  My guess is that Scooter is on the market so that Senzel has a position to play, unless they try him in CF.  They have some problems, roster wise.  But they are good problems to have.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rico said:

Well that is what the FO said.  But they have picked up two starting pitchers via trade.  They are still looking for a 3rd arm.  Rumor has it that Reds have turned their attention to Derek Holland as FA signing.  Their outfield is full, without a true CF'er.  My guess is that Scooter is on the market so that Senzel has a position to play, unless they try him in CF.  They have some problems, roster wise.  But they are good problems to have.  

I thought we would be getting a top of the rotation pitcher and not more 3 and 4 of a rotation pitcher.  I like Woods and Roark and they are on the last year of their contract and probably will walk.  To get top pitchers we will have to do it through trades because most top free agents won't want to pitch in GABP.  To me some teams just value their prospects to much and are not willing to trade them for proven MLB players.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought we would be getting a top of the rotation pitcher and not more 3 and 4 of a rotation pitcher.  I like Woods and Roark and they are on the last year of their contract and probably will walk.  To get top pitchers we will have to do it through trades because most top free agents won't want to pitch in GABP.  To me some teams just value their prospects to much and are not willing to trade them for proven MLB players.

Well, the Reds do have pitching in house.  They just haven't fared well at the big league level, or so it would seem.  Castillo and Mahle seem capable, just haven't broke through yet.  But I agree a TOR should be their focus.  If they can't get that through FA, then you got to trade for it.  They have plenty of trading chips.

40 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He probably would have gotten something similar in arbitration. Good for both sides to avoid it. 

Prolly so, I am guessing they will work out a long term contract.  This just gives both sides a year to work on it, but I doubt it will take that year.

I'm not a happy Yankee fan. While trying to "patch" up their infield while DiDi is out, the Yanks signed 2nd baseman, DJ LeMahieu. This tells me the Yanks have taken the cheap way out and are no longer involved with either Machado or Harper.

BOOO!!! OH and I might add Sonny Gray is still around, which Cashman said he was clearly gone when the season ended.....

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm not a happy Yankee fan. While trying to "patch" up their infield while DiDi is out, the Yanks signed 2nd baseman, DJ LeMahieu. This tells me the Yanks have taken the cheap way out and are no longer involved with either Machado or Harper.

BOOO!!! OH and I might add Sonny Gray is still around, which Cashman said he was clearly gone when the season ended.....

That doesn’t mean they are out on either of those guys. 

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

But they did sign Troy Tulowitzki?

Archived