Victor Oladipo

Guys, what a special player representative that we have in Oladipo. He’s a legit rising star and has taken the next step, right before our eyes. This picture exemplifies exactly what he’s going to bring to the league over the next decade or so. As soon as he finished the game, the first person that he texted was his trainer!

8B162CEE-6CAB-4243-910A-CDDA39BBF545.jpeg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Turner just needs to get tougher.  He has plenty of skills but plays soft a lot of times.  Somehow need to find that mean streak in him and play like the balls his all the time.

I think a lot of what drives people crazy about Turner is his mindset. He isn’t naturally aggressive. If he can become mentally tough coupled with a solid offseason getting right physically, he can take that next step.

11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Turner just needs to get tougher.  He has plenty of skills but plays soft a lot of times.  Somehow need to find that mean streak in him and play like the balls his all the time.

So you're saying we need the 2nd comming of Bill Lambire???  And im sure i spelled that wrong. 

Turner is still learning his spot. Most people probably know but he just completed his 3rd season in the NBA and just turned 22 in March. Just the tip right now. I agree I'd love to see him get a little tougher in certain spots but people can agree or disagree (that's what boards are for) I saw a kid in this series get ticked with the inconsistencies of the calls. It happens. He'll watch film and learn the tricks of the low post NBA trade and be better in years to come. 

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Where are Antonio and Dale Davis at?  LOL

Dale was at EYBL Westfield watching his son Sunday, after that I don't know 😜. The Davis brothers were great. Still upset that we didn't have Antonio in the 2000 Finals vs. Lakers. Could have made the difference, especially with 6 more fouls to give poor FT shooting Shaq.

Too lazy to find the old Pacers thread, so I'll just do it here. Watching the Cavs knock around the Raptors this series has to make the Pacers organization and fans feel good about where this team is moving forward with Vic and company. They put up a 7 game battle against LeBron and clawed all the way to the finish in their first year with this roster construction while the Raptors are getting buried again, despite having a great regular season and supposedly taking the next step. Personally, I'm kind of disappointed that the Raptors are getting worked so badly, though OG seems to be getting some good experience (especially defensively guarding LeBron in the playoffs).

Btw, I have no problem with Turner at this point in his career. He was one of the only players on this roster (outside of Stephenson) who showed serious emotion and fire on the court during the Cavs series and he contributed well overall. I do think this team will have to get him and Sabonis on the court together more moving forward. They have the making a kind of the Schmitz/Schrempf type combo that would hard for other teams to handle as a front line....and they are both so young and versatile. 

This team really need a point guard who can score imo. Someone who can take the heat off of Vic up top and still handle the ball confidently. Collison is a nice player but isn't enough of a threat to challenge defenses consistently. I hope some of their free agent money goes to finding a guy who can fill that gap. Kemba Walker is on the top of my wish list for the Pacers to make a play for (he's entering into his last year his contract). Interestingly, Vic and Kemba spent a lot of time together on the Jordan Brand basketball trip to Paris last summer and got close. Kemba loves Vic's game and wasn't surprised by his breakout season. Trade rumors swirled about Kemba going to the Pacers during the season. Charlotte would be smart to move him anywhere and get a return before he hits free agency....I can't see him going back to that black hole of a franchise (#Free Cody!). 

Kemba would be an awful fit for this team.  Too ball dominant -- the ball in Vic's hands is exactly where we need it.

Collison isn't perfect but he does what we need -- consistent 3p shooter and can make his own shot most of the time.  We really need to upgrade our 3 spot with another versatile scorer/3-and-D type.  Bogie off the bench would be fantastic.

5 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Kemba would be an awful fit for this team.  Too ball dominant -- the ball in Vic's hands is exactly where we need it.

Collison isn't perfect but he does what we need -- consistent 3p shooter and can make his own shot most of the time.  We really need to upgrade our 3 spot with another versatile scorer/3-and-D type.  Bogie off the bench would be fantastic.

I agree. We need a three that can shoot the three. Somebody like Otto Porter would be ideal. It’s a tough spot because Thad is really effective at what he does. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

No thanks on Kemba.  I am of the opinion that the Pacers have what they need to take it to the next level with further development from a couple younger guys.

Agree on Kemba, would be a terrible fit. 

As far as the Pacers currently, depends on what you mean by “next level”. They’re certainly a good, young up and coming perennial playoff caliber team, but even with improvement of the current guys, they don’t have a roster that can win a title or even get to a Finals IMO. 

14 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree on Kemba, would be a terrible fit. 

As far as the Pacers currently, depends on what you mean by “next level”. They’re certainly a good, young up and coming perennial playoff caliber team, but even with improvement of the current guys, they don’t have a roster that can win a title or even get to a Finals IMO. 

Celtics may make finals this year without Kyrie and Hayward.  Not much difference ib rosters after that.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Celtics may make finals this year without Kyrie and Hayward.  Not much difference ib rosters after that.

There’s a huge difference in their rosters. If you ranked their roster, including Hayward and Irving, the Celtics have 6 of the top 7 guys. 

Archived