Victor Oladipo

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sigh.. game 4. Ugh 

Like you’ve said he’s 22 and he has a decent stroke but he’s soo good around the rim and in p+r situations. I just went through the whole play by play to make sure I wasn’t talking out of my ass and he was like 1/7 in the 14/17 foot range. Thad missed quite a few bunnies, Bogey was awful, Turner took 3 shots. Crazy that we were even in that game. 

That game 4 game was agitating as hell. That was the one where korver and smith kept hitting shots right?

Just so we’re clear here if there’s a negative vibe coming off me I’m not meaning it that way because we are a blast to watch, we play well together, and we’re up and coming with hunger. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Like you’ve said he’s 22 and he has a decent stroke but he’s soo good around the rim and in p+r situations. I just went through the whole play by play to make sure I wasn’t talking out of my ass and he was like 1/7 in the 14/17 foot range. Thad missed quite a few bunnies, Bogey was awful, Turner took 3 shots. Crazy that we were even in that game. 

That game 4 game was agitating as hell. That was the one where korver and smith kept hitting shots right?

Just so we’re clear here if there’s a negative vibe coming off me I’m not meaning it that way because we are a blast to watch, we play well together, and we’re up and coming with hunger. 

Up 3 with the ball with 4mins to go. Sigh 

So I think next year we need a sharpshooter that can fill up points. Maybe Reddick or Barton.  I am definitely thinking Reddick to be share his playoff experience in the locker room and his scoring prowess if he has a friendly contract. I think we should trade Cory Joseph out for say Yogi Ferrell cap friendly along with familiarity. We need either a starting or good backup small forward. Say Ariza Hood or Anderson. I wish we would have picked up Anunoby. Luc Mbah a Moute would be a possible good pickup for power forward backup and shed Al Jefferson's option unless he is willing to take less. 

3 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

So I think next year we need a sharpshooter that can fill up points. Maybe Reddick or Barton.  I am definitely thinking Reddick to be share his playoff experience in the locker room and his scoring prowess if he has a friendly contract. I think we should trade Cory Joseph out for say Yogi Ferrell cap friendly along with familiarity. We need either a starting or good backup small forward. Say Ariza Hood or Anderson. I wish we would have picked up Anunoby. Luc Mbah a Moute would be a possible good pickup for power forward backup and shed Al Jefferson's option unless he is willing to take less. 

Cory Joesph is better than Yogi Ferrell, at least for the purposes we need him for. Lance shot 29% from 3 this season, he has to improve that. I think adding a shooter in the 2nd group sounds like a good idea to play with Lance and Sabonis, those two could get that player some really good shots. 

I agree about a shooter in the second group. I think we need a strong 3 and D or two way player with range for our starter at the small forward and move Bog back to the 2nd group. Shooter solved for the second group and a consistent defensive small forward that can put up points too so at least we dont have to hide or help Bog as much. Although he did play some pretty good D on Bron in the series.

12 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Definitely agree! Although OG was coming off of a season ending injury so didn't know how he would fare after. So I can understand the thought process behind it. Maybe we can trade for him for pretty cheap especially if Toronto blows up the roster and starts over. 

My problem in selecting Leaf over OG is that when you are picking post lottery, you should be picking based upon higher ceiling because the best you can hope for is to get someone who could put in some minutes on the second unit.  In my opinion, Leaf maximizing his potential is becoming a spot shooter for a team that put 8-12 points in a second unit, OG realistically projected as a potential all-star or one step below.  With or without that injury, you roll the dice on the higher ceiling.

1 hour ago, IUALUM03 said:

My problem in selecting Leaf over OG is that when you are picking post lottery, you should be picking based upon higher ceiling because the best you can hope for is to get someone who could put in some minutes on the second unit.  In my opinion, Leaf maximizing his potential is becoming a spot shooter for a team that put 8-12 points in a second unit, OG realistically projected as a potential all-star or one step below.  With or without that injury, you roll the dice on the higher ceiling.

The problem was that teams got a very small sample size of OG.  They got plenty with Leaf.  

2 hours ago, IUALUM03 said:

Have to keep in mind that when he was drafted his stock had fallen and many teams passed on him because he was recovering from an ACL tear. That’s obviously a potentially significant injury to an athletic player. Hindsight is 20-20, every year players are passed over - just think of all the teams that whiffed on Donovan Mitchell - and he wasn’t recovering from an ACL. Toronto did a really good job, but hard to fault teams who passed over him -

And I say this as a huge believer in OG, i always thought he could be a Killer 3 and D player, had debates here with people who said he didn’t have a killer instinct because of his demeanor, and I said I thought he could be like Kawhi. Where are those who dissed him now, vbg 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Have to keep in mind that when he was drafted his stock had fallen and many teams passed on him because he was recovering from an ACL tear. That’s obviously a potentially significant injury to an athletic player. Hindsight is 20-20, every year players are passed over - just think of all the teams that whiffed on Donovan Mitchell - and he wasn’t recovering from an ACL. Toronto did a really good job, but hard to fault teams who passed over him -

And I say this as a huge believer in OG, i always thought he could be a Killer 3 and D player, had debates here with people who said he didn’t have a killer instinct because of his demeanor, and I said I thought he could be like Kawhi. Where are those who dissed him now, vbg 

The real test will be if he can be better than Paul George. :coffee:

I say we send a package this upcoming year for OG get him on board to go with the rest of our young talent and develope him as a two way and or a three and D player. He seems to be in the same mold as Oladipo. Get those two together and watch out.  I agree with you though IUAlum. I wouldn't have passed on OG. Maybe it's because I am a homer but he has a huge upside and outside of the lottery it is a crapshoot so might as well try your best to find a gem in the rough even if he would be coming off of a surgery. Honestly Pacers have been good about that over the years but kinda have whiffed last year. Maybe Leaf will come around but still not fitting exactly what we need right now.  I also give Pritchard a little break dealing with the George trade on top of starting for the first time as a GM and taking over for Larry Legend. C'est la vie! Live and learn. We are set up well though going forward. 

19 minutes ago, ButlerHoosier said:

I say we send a package this upcoming year for OG get him on board to go with the rest of our young talent and develope him as a two way and or a three and D player. He seems to be in the same mold as Oladipo. Get those two together and watch out.  I agree with you though IUAlum. I wouldn't have passed on OG. Maybe it's because I am a homer but he has a huge upside and outside of the lottery it is a crapshoot so might as well try your best to find a gem in the rough even if he would be coming off of a surgery. Honestly Pacers have been good about that over the years but kinda have whiffed last year. Maybe Leaf will come around but still not fitting exactly what we need right now.  I also give Pritchard a little break dealing with the George trade on top of starting for the first time as a GM and taking over for Larry Legend. C'est la vie! Live and learn. We are set up well though going forward. 

He's been a GM before. Also was born in Bloomington,  didn't know that. 

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I know some Blazer fans that are still upset that he was shown the door and the way it was done.

Never understood why he was let go. He drafted Aldridge, Roy, and Oden. Idc what ppl say, I don't consider Oden a bust because he played well when he could play. Injuries don't make you a bust in my eyes. Phillip Dorsett is a bust, not Oden.

Archived