Nick Tronti Transferring

On 4/29/2018 at 9:06 PM, Leathernecks said:

A few weeks ago @milehiiu said to watch the QB position.  Kind of figured this might happen due to Tronti's borderline disappearance this spring.  Sad to see him go and best of luck to him.

He should be fine, this has been coming a long time and he probably is kicking himself for not leaving at the end of the season. Not sure how they will get all the qb’s reps without making the same mistake they made last year and ending up with an offense that does not progress during the season. 

Yep.The minute they signed Penix and Taylor I got that feeling it was already inevitable.

When Dawkins was added I knew someone was gone. I honestly didn't expect it to be the guys getting the praise and the reps in Spring.That would imply Tronti was likely going to end up odd man out but I didnt expect any outbound QBs this offseason since Dawkins hadnt earned enough here to set it in stone yet..Oh well .Shows what I know lol 

I do want to add that having Taylor in the fold even at another position helps me feel more reassured this wont become another void like QB was after Coffman and later Roberson transferred.I wouldn' be a bit shocked if the eventual loser between Ramsey and Penix ends up looking elsewhere at some point most likely during next offseason.More likely if one has a decisive edge by then.

4 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

I do want to add that having Taylor in the fold even at another position helps me feel more reassured this wont become another void like QB was after Coffman and later Roberson transferred.I wouldn' be a bit shocked if the eventual loser between Ramsey and Penix ends up looking elsewhere at some point most likely during next offseason.More likely if one has a decisive edge by then.

The way I see it going this year is Dawkins starting, Ramsey being backup, and Penix redshirting.  If it plays out like that, they might both think they've got an edge going into the offseason.

I could see them both fighting it out in 2 years and either Penix transferring or Ramsey using his grad transfer after his RS Junior year.

8 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

But we're still set. Add 2 solid QBs in 2 of the next 3 classes and no worry at all. 

Archived