Reese Taylor

What role do people think Taylor will have here?  I feel like I remember hearing that he'd like to have a shot at being a QB.  He's definitely got the potential to be a Kellen Lewis type college QB.

Now that Tronti is transferring, it wouldn't hurt to have another capable QB on the roster behind Ramsey, Dawkins, and Penix.  Do you think he'll get a chance at QB, or do you think we'll move him to the slot or DB?

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Pretty sure he's starting out at DB. I could see some trick plays and him returning punts. 

Only problem with the trick plays is when he's in on offense, the defense should be on high alert. 

I was kind of hoping he'd see time as a slot WR if for nothing else, so it wouldn't be so obvious that a trick play is coming. I thought Allen was going to give him a shot at QB but with bringing in Penix and Dawkins I'd be surprised if that ever comes to fruition. I think he's too talented of an offensive threat to be playing DB but would be happy to see him thrive in that role. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I was kind of hoping he'd see time as a slot WR if for nothing else, so it wouldn't be so obvious that a trick play is coming. I thought Allen was going to give him a shot at QB but with bringing in Penix and Dawkins I'd be surprised if that ever comes to fruition. I think he's too talented of an offensive threat to be playing DB but would be happy to see him thrive in that role. 

If you don't have corners, you don't have anything though. And Whop will get about all the reps at slot WR

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

If you don't have corners, you don't have anything though. And Whop will get about all the reps at slot WR

Couldn't agree more with that statement. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I feel pretty good about who we have coming back in the secondary this season with Riggins, Crawford, Brown and Ball with Walker, Bryant, Lane and Fitzgerald fighting to take a starting spot but will no doubt see plenty of snaps. I'm not used to being excited about talented depth in the secondary. 

I think Taylor's potential on the offensive side is too high to move him to DB.  With Allen at the helm, I'm not worried about our defense.  He'll get good defensive players and have a good defense whether or not we put Taylor as a DB.  Taylor's got the potential to be a game changer offensively though, so I'd like to at least see him get a shot at QB.  Even if it is just for some packages to see what he can do.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, Leathernecks said:

I think Taylor's potential on the offensive side is too high to move him to DB.  With Allen at the helm, I'm not worried about our defense.  He'll get good defensive players and have a good defense whether or not we put Taylor as a DB.  Taylor's got the potential to be a game changer offensively though, so I'd like to at least see him get a shot at QB.  Even if it is just for some packages to see what he can do.

He would have the most impact at corner moving forward. Good corners can cover up so many deficiencies plus Whop is a stud who is rarely coming off the field the next 3 years. 

I feel like I read or heard somewhere that Reese prefers corner because he sees it as the most logical place for him to get to the next level.  I want to say this came out of Coach Allen's mouth.  I like several of our young corners.  Let's see on the field, but this may be the most legit crop of corners as a group from top to bottom that we have had, at least athletically.

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I feel like I read or heard somewhere that Reese prefers corner because he sees it as the most logical place for him to get to the next level.  I want to say this came out of Coach Allen's mouth.  I like several of our young corners.  Let's see on the field, but this may be the most legit crop of corners as a group from top to bottom that we have had, at least athletically.

I think I read that somewhere too, but I was also thinking I heard that he loves being a QB and wants a shot at that. Couod be wrong though.

I think the defense starting in a couple years has the potential to be some of our best defense ever. Lots of young talent with a great defensive coach.

Archived