Romeo's highest scoring game will be?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, rico said:

What about as a junior?

Then I would be crazy.  But I'm not about the sophomore thing.  People may not believe me but I have had a good pulse on the whole Romeo thing from the start.  I was the first on the board to say IU had a legit chance after Archie was hired.  People thought I was crazy then.  You simply cant label Romeo the same as most elite players.  He and his family approach things differently.  There is a good chance he is at IU two years.

10 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

In Miller's system, I think a 30+ game is reasonable if things go well for the team and he gets hot. Juwan and RJ were just shy of 30 in games last year on a team that struggled to score in general. Of course if he played for Lon Kruger.....

Juwan dropped 34 on Notre Dame.  

11 hours ago, Reacher said:

Romeo knows how to score. Averaged 35 in HS. He will be the focal point of the offense.  I think he gets near 30 multiple times. Somewhere along the line, maybe a game when Morgan is sick, or one that goes overtime, I think he can get 40 and set a new freshman single game scoring record.

I'm going to push back just a little on the idea Langford will be the focal point of our offense. He will definitely be a focal point and very likely one of the team's leading scorers, but we have Morgan, as a veteran dominant forward who will likely be first-team B1G and barring injury is sure to be at least a, if not the leading scorer for the team. The inside-out game is going to jump significantly, Smith also will probably be a key scorer, and Green could well be a key scorer. Langford opens up the floor in a big way -- just his scoring ability is going to be key.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm going to push back just a little on the idea Langford will be the focal point of our offense. He will definitely be a focal point and very likely one of the team's leading scorers, but we have Morgan, as a veteran dominant forward who will likely be first-team B1G and barring injury is sure to be at least a, if not the leading scorer for the team. The inside-out game is going to jump significantly, Smith also will probably be a key scorer, and Green could well be a key scorer. Langford opens up the floor in a big way -- just his scoring ability is going to be key.

Someone in the Romeo thread mentioned that DJ White scored 17 a game and won BTPOY while Eric Gordon averaged 21.  I thought that seemed similar to what we could expect from Juwan and Romeo.

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

"I'm going to push back just a little on the idea Langford will be the focal point of our offense. He will definitely be a focal point"  ??

Otherwise, I'm with you. Romeo and Morgan are our 1-2 punch. I think Romeo will be our leading scorer. Defenses keying on him will open up more for Morgan. I think they both have great years. When one is out or having an off game we will have the other to pick up the slack. I specifically mentioned a game when Morgan is out as a possibility for when Romeo goes off- to pick up the scoring slack.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

"I'm going to push back just a little on the idea Langford will be the focal point of our offense. He will definitely be a focal point"  ??

Otherwise, I'm with you. Romeo and Morgan are our 1-2 punch. I think Romeo will be our leading scorer. Defenses keying on him will open up more for Morgan. I think they both have great years. When one is out or having an off game we will have the other to pick up the slack. I specifically mentioned a game when Morgan is out as a possibility for when Romeo goes off- to pick up the scoring slack.

"A" as opposed to "the" focal point. I'm saying he'll be one of but not necessarily THE key scorers on the team. He may be our leading scorer, but I don't think that should be assumed after Morgan's play this past year. Morgan will continue to be at least a key scorer and could very well again be our leading scorer. Langford is exceptional, he's still a frosh. If he leads the team in scoring, as he may, that will say a great deal about him as a player.

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Someone in the Romeo thread mentioned that DJ White scored 17 a game and won BTPOY while Eric Gordon averaged 21.  I thought that seemed similar to what we could expect from Juwan and Romeo.

Can certainly see that, but can also see Morgan leading. The fun is in the dilema that creates for opposing teams. Langford immediately is at least a threat to lead the team in scoring, whether or not he does remains to be seen but regardless he's absolutely at least a key player, that's the beauty of it.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Then I would be crazy.  But I'm not about the sophomore thing.  People may not believe me but I have had a good pulse on the whole Romeo thing from the start.  I was the first on the board to say IU had a legit chance after Archie was hired.  People thought I was crazy then.  You simply cant label Romeo the same as most elite players.  He and his family approach things differently.  There is a good chance he is at IU two years.

My thoughts about you being crazy are unrelated to anything you said about Romeo. 

13 hours ago, Maud'Dib said:

yes!  i remember that game at OSU.  was an incredible game, came down to wire, maybe even OT.  Henderson or Cheney may have fouled out and Damon kept us in game with a really good OSU team.  OSU pulled it out in the end  

Here you go if interested: https://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/Flashback-OSU-Jackson-took-down-Indiana-25-years-ago-today-43751301

22 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think he drops 40+ on someone. All the other options we have will make it easier, not harder, for him to have a huge game. 

This is my thinking.  I think there will be a game in AH where he just goes unconscious and everyone else feeds the hot hand.

Archived