Romeo's highest scoring game will be?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I believe jay edwards not sure point total

As far as I know, Edwards still holds the freshman single game record with 36 points. Here’s a link that provides some other noteworthy first year Hoosiers accolades. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662035-indiana-basketball-ranking-the-10-greatest-freshman-seasons-in-hoosiers-history

17 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

As far as I know, Edwards still holds the freshman single game record with 36 points. Here’s a link that provides some other noteworthy first year Hoosiers accolades. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1662035-indiana-basketball-ranking-the-10-greatest-freshman-seasons-in-hoosiers-history

EJ's frosh scoring record is amazing

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

I had to look twice at that FG percentage...holy cow.  Edwards was just lights out as a shooter.  Too bad he had a dope issue and too bad, as Pacer scout Courtney Witte once said at a lunch meeting I attended, Jay couldn't guard a sidewalk.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I had to look twice at that FG percentage...holy cow.  Edwards was just lights out as a shooter.  Too bad he had a dope issue and too bad, as Pacer scout Courtney Witte once said at a lunch meeting I attended, Jay couldn't guard a sidewalk.

Jay was a phenomenal offensive talent and it really is too bad that he couldn’t get away from the dope. Defensively, he was definitely suspect.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Unfortunately, no.

>:(

I think that Romeo could potentially challenge his frosh scoring record. He will have a similar, supporting cast... not saying this year’s team will be as good or worse, but similar. Romeo will have support on the block in Davis, Morgan and hopefully Moore/Forrester, like EJ had in DJ and Co. He will have athletic guard play with a combination of Green, Durham and Phinissee. Similar to Bassett, Crawford and Ellis(arguably better than current group, at least for now). 

I really like the wings and forwards on this coming year’s team. We have some big time athletes at forward.

53 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I think that Romeo could potentially challenge his frosh scoring record. He will have a similar, supporting cast... not saying this year’s team will be as good or worse, but similar. Romeo will have support on the block in Davis, Morgan and hopefully Moore/Forrester, like EJ had in DJ and Co. He will have athletic guard play with a combination of Green, Durham and Phinissee. Similar to Bassett, Crawford and Ellis(arguably better than current group, at least for now). 

I really like the wings and forwards on this coming year’s team. We have some big time athletes at forward.

Will be interesting to see and would be great for him and IU if he does challenge/beat it. Looking now, I can't believe how many shots and FTs Gordon put up that year (425 FGA &  277 FTA). The FTA is quite impressive and to think that a large number of FGA weren't counted due to him going to the FT line. Crazy.

For comparison with the Top Ten Freshman from a previous post/link...GP-FGA-FTA-PTS

10 - Alan Henderson 33-297-121-383

9 - Jay Edwards 23-256-76-358 (only played 23 games due to 30 day academic suspension IIRC)

8 - Don Schlundt 22-289-171-376 (only played 22 games due to era)

7 - AJ Guyton 33-361-94-450

6 - Mike Woodson 27-407-96-500

5 - Steve Alford 31-289-150-479 (using senior year #'s to pro-rata project he would have had 61 more points if 3pt line would have been in place)

4 - Cody Zeller 36-321-216-563

3 - Calbert Cheany 29-348-96-495

2 - Eric Gordon 32-425-277-669

1 - Isiah Thomas 29-302-149-423

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm going to push back just a little on the idea Langford will be the focal point of our offense. He will definitely be a focal point and very likely one of the team's leading scorers, but we have Morgan, as a veteran dominant forward who will likely be first-team B1G and barring injury is sure to be at least a, if not the leading scorer for the team. The inside-out game is going to jump significantly, Smith also will probably be a key scorer, and Green could well be a key scorer. Langford opens up the floor in a big way -- just his scoring ability is going to be key.

This is why I like the Fitzner pickup so much. Imagine Langford and Morgan in a pick and roll or pick and pop, and then you have Smith in the opposite short corner, Fitzner in the ball-side corner and then someone the like Green or Phinisee spotting up on the opposite wing. Romeo is going to have a lane the size of the ocean, and if he doesn't Smith is there for the drop-off dunk, Fitnzer in the corner for a 3 or Green/Phinisee on the other wing to catch the D rotating and make a play. 

22 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Will be interesting to see and would be great for him and IU if he does challenge/beat it. Looking now, I can't believe how many shots and FTs Gordon put up that year (425 FGA &  277 FTA). The FTA is quite impressive and to think that a large number of FGA weren't counted due to him going to the FT line. Crazy.

For comparison with the Top Ten Freshman from a previous post/link...GP-FGA-FTA-PTS

10 - Alan Henderson 33-297-121-383

9 - Jay Edwards 23-256-76-358 (only played 23 games due to 30 day academic suspension IIRC)

8 - Don Schlundt 22-289-171-376 (only played 22 games due to era)

7 - AJ Guyton 33-361-94-450

6 - Mike Woodson 27-407-96-500

5 - Steve Alford 31-289-150-479 (using senior year #'s to pro-rata project he would have had 61 more points if 3pt line would have been in place)

4 - Cody Zeller 36-321-216-563

3 - Calbert Cheany 29-348-96-495

2 - Eric Gordon 32-425-277-669

1 - Isiah Thomas 29-302-149-423

I could not find individual game stats but Bracey Wright averaged 16.3 pts a game his freshman year.

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is why I like the Fitzner pickup so much. Imagine Langford and Morgan in a pick and roll or pick and pop, and then you have Smith in the opposite short corner, Fitzner in the ball-side corner and then someone the like Green or Phinisee spotting up on the opposite wing. Romeo is going to have a lane the size of the ocean, and if he doesn't Smith is there for the drop-off dunk, Fitnzer in the corner for a 3 or Green/Phinisee on the other wing to catch the D rotating and make a play. 

I can't say I know a lot about Fitzner but what I do know meshes with your thoughts -- it looks like we just got better, fast.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I can't say I know a lot about Fitzner but what I do know meshes with your thoughts -- it looks like we just got better, fast.

I don't know about you but I'm getting sick of the underappreciation this team is getting.  I watched a BTN show last night and the dude ranking next years basketball teams had Nebraska and Penn State in his top 5 but not IU.  I hope our boys are soaking all of this up and getting good and angry.  I'd love to have ISU and IUPU Ft. Wayne as the first two games out of the chute.

I'm ready for a revenge tour this season.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't know about you but I'm getting sick of the underappreciation this team is getting.  I watched a BTN show last night and the dude ranking next years basketball teams had Nebraska and Penn State in his top 5 but not IU.  I hope our boys are soaking all of this up and getting good and angry.  I'd love to have ISU and IUPU Ft. Wayne as the first two games out of the chute.

That dude is a moron.

57 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It’s going to be A LOT of fun! 

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

12 actually. Another unpopular opinion but he doesn’t get the respect he deserves. 

Ah for the volume of shots he got off, a career 40%-er should have passed more and shot less. Bracey was the king of the ill-advised shot. Statistically, his freshman year was his best for efficiency and it was nothing to brag about. Drove me nuts that Davis just let him keep slinging. 

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Ah for the volume of shots he got off, a career 40%-er should have passed more and shot less. Bracey was the king of the ill-advised shot. Statistically, his freshman year was his best for efficiency and it was nothing to brag about. Drove me nuts that Davis just let him keep slinging. 

The goofy free throw stance didn’t help his standing with fans. Davis didn’t do him any favors either. I get the frustrations with him but look at that 03/04 and 04/05 roster! Woooof

He had a little help with that 04/05 roster with Vaden and DJ. He really should have played better that junior year.

23 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

The goofy free throw stance didn’t help his standing with fans. Davis didn’t do him any favors either. I get the frustrations with him but look at that 03/04 and 04/05 roster! Woooof

He had a little help with that 04/05 roster with Vaden and DJ. He really should have played better that junior year.

Certainly didn't have much help or a coach... but he guarded no one

Archived