Season ticket renewal process underway......

Got my "Premium Seating Preference" email this afternoon with a deadline of June 1 for confirming my intent to maintain premium seating and declare any seating change preferences I might wish to request.  Here is the gist:

Ed, 
Greetings from the IU Varsity Club! I am contacting you today about your preferences for your premium seating for the 2018-2019 men's basketball season. Your response to this email does not serve as your ticket renewal, simply your seat preference for next season. You should have an online ticket application that was sent on May 2nd and a paper application will be sent in early June.

This past season, you held the following seats:

2017-2018 Seat Location:
Section: 8, 4 Seats 
Due to high demand for premium seats, please submit your seating request by June 1, 2018.

In addition the 2018/19 season ticket renewal has appeared in my on-line account.  Based on an 18 game schedule (have to believe games will be added?) my price per season ticket is $828 or $46/game.  Seems like it was $44/game last year but would have to dig out old app.  Needless to say, there is likely a "Romeo" cost of living adjustment applied - LOL!  Glad to pay it!

Here is some info from the on-line ticket renewal application:

RENEWAL DEADLINE: JUNE 29, 2018

Prices are based on a 18 game season package. The full schedule will be announced in early fall.
Indiana University Priority Seating System information will be mailed with your priority point letter in late July or early August.
A payment plan option is available, make the appropriate selection below.
Ticket information for the Mini Series, Crossroads Classic (Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN) and the Big Ten Tournament (United Center, Chicago, IL) will be released at a later date.

Renewable Items                                                                                                                                                                                     
Description                                              Quantity     Price    Amount         Special Requests
2018-19 Indiana Basketball Season          4         $828        $3312        Premium Seat Option
                                                                                                                   Men's Basketball Season Parking Pass 
Parking Information
For the 2018-19 season, zone parking will be in place.
Additional parking details will be displayed once "add to cart" below is selected.
All zone choices will be filled using the IU Athletics Priority Point System.

Select Payment Plan:  
Payment Plan Information
First Payment Due: Upon receipt of renewal application (Deadline June 29, 2018)
Second Payment Due: August 1, 2018
This payment will automatically be charged to the card submitted on the application.

Payment options are pay in full now or split into 2 equal payments.  No upcharge associated with 2 payment plan that I can see.

1 hour ago, CTrojan88 said:

My seats are row 28ish, section F.  I am wondering if the RoMeO effect will force me up a few rows....I hope not as it has taken me several years of watching bad basketball and football games to get where I am....

Well, hopefully you have maintained your contributions to the Varsity Club.  That at minimum will keep your priority points growing.  There will certainly be some who have opted out of ongoing contributions due to tax law change making these contributions totally non-deductible.  Once opted out, they are pretty much starting over from a priority point perspective.

Not to be overlooked however is the "Romeo effect" and the timing of his commitment.  Some (many?) who may have otherwise opted out now still have the chance to re-up prior to contribution deadlines.  Regardless of where your seats end up, take solace in knowing that you will be "IN THE HALL" for what appears to be a resurgence in the IU Basketball program! 

See you in Bloomington!

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!!

Archived