IU & Rutgers only Big Ten schools not in early season event

8 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Teams in the Cancun Chalenge are : Penn State , SMU , and Wright State as 3 of the  4 host schools . The 4 visiting schoos are : Elon , Jacksonville State , North Florida , & Western Carolina !

If this is true, they won’t have two B1G schools in the same tourney. I hope we get that last spot for Myrtle Beach. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2018 at 3:52 AM, Seeking6 said:

I'm sure it will fine after a few more decapitations but I can't imagine folks lining up for Cancun right now given some of the recent violence. There's plenty of places to choose from without the 1% risk. 

I am right there with you 6.  No need for our players to be in Cancun.

Back in March, I started this thread in the Animal House, in terms of violence in Mexico.

Think twice before you travel to Mexico. - The Animal House - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

And since then, it seems the violence in Cancun has only gotten worse.

Governor says due to Cancun violence, technology not enough 

Mini rant alert.  There are way too many early season tournaments these days.  It used to be something special to be in one, now it seems like everyone is. It used to be Maui, Alaska, and the pre season NIT, and in the pre season NIT no team was protected so if you got upset early on,you didn’t go to NYC ( see IU vs Butler Sampson’s first year).  Having said that, I watch them all so I guess I should just shut up. 

39 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Mini rant alert.  There are way too many early season tournaments these days.  It used to be something special to be in one, now it seems like everyone is. It used to be Maui, Alaska, and the pre season NIT, and in the pre season NIT no team was protected so if you got upset early on,you didn’t go to NYC ( see IU vs Butler Sampson’s first year).  Having said that, I watch them all so I guess I should just shut up. 

I watch them as well.  Recall watching the Great Alaska Shootout, years ago.  I agree... today watching the Puerto Rico, and Cancun tournaments.... hardly any one in the stands.

Archived