Expectations for Next Year

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

BTN's Brent Yarina with a prediction on next year's standings. Count me as skeptical on Nebrasketball and Wisconsin. I'll take a top 3 finish for us.

image.thumb.png.3a20a8be5b09d344a7c50bf6dd293668.png

These are the same types of clowns predicting top 3 finishes for Northwestern and Minny last year I suppose

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

It's the glasses......

I'll top 3 finish of big ten (somewhat because its down) and winning one game in the tourney. That's the expectation, as in anything less than that we weren't successful. 

I could easily see us going to the EE8 or SW16..but to say that's the expectation... c'mon now. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

How could an EE8 be an honest "expectation" for this coming years team? Honestly that's quite a bit over the top. 

Yeah, I couldn't help chuckling when I read that, but then I remembered the predictions of 25 wins last year...LOL...

Updated with Duke, Marquette, and Jacksonsville added 

We have 25 games set in stone as of now, I'll keep a running record of these and update my expectations and predictions accordingly:

Home games only:

Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Louisville, Jacksonville, Marquette- I expect 6 wins. 6-0

Away games only:

Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Duke- I'll say win @UM, PSU, @Mary lose @Duke 3-1

Neutral site:

Butler- I expect to win, this will be a good game though (especially if Tucker can play). 1-0

Home/Home:

Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

2 Wins- ILL, NW, Rutgers 

1 win- Home Purdue, MSU, Iowa, UM 10-4

Brings my total to 20-5. Games @Iowa, @Mary, both Purdue, MSU, UM, and Butler are the "swing games" the 50-50 games. I realize Iowa isn't as good as us but they're still at home and are pretty good at home. 

We played 30 regular season games last year... so we are going to add 5 more games. I would say 3 of those will be cupcakes, 1 solid team (maybe Mississippi State or Arkansas level of team) and one more top notch game. UNC, UK, AZ, UCLA type team. 

Our non-conf breakdown would be: 

4 cupcakes- 4 games 

Marquette and another team at this level.- 2 games

UL and Butler- 2 games 

Duke and another team at this level- 2 games

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Wisconsin at number 2 is shocking. No way. 

When it is all said and done, I think we win the conference title.  On every single night we will have the best player on the court, and on most nights the best 2 players. 

46 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

When it is all said and done, I think we win the conference title.  On every single night we will have the best player on the court, and on most nights the best 2 players. 

Agree on Wisconsin. Alex must have had a couple after another White Sox injury or loss and did this list. In terms of IU. I don't see us winning it but safely in top 2-4 range. 

I see Iowa and MD as too low, maybe OSU, and Wisconsin as too high, though we’ll see to what extent getting healthy helps Wisc’s cause. Not sure about MSU, those are big departures.We seem about right at this point around 4, as an early projection. How on the ball play - the point - develops will be key

7 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

This is a great point. Individuals can make massive differences in basketball. It's hard to beat a team that has the two best players on the floor and a good supporting cast around them. 

8 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

I think he’s making a bold prediction, but I won’t be surprised if it happens. It’s Wisconsin; except for last year when they were devastated by injuries they always seem to out perform expectations. Oh yeah....Ethan Happ too...a safe prediction to be B1G POY. 

6 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I think he’s making a bold prediction, but I won’t be surprised if it happens. It’s Wisconsin; except for last year when they were devastated by injuries they always seem to out perform expectations. Oh yeah....Ethan Happ too...a safe prediction to be B1G POY. 

If Ethan Happ(yes, he’s good) wins B1G player of the year, I’ll be disappointed. I honestly believe that Juwan and/or Romeo will be two of the top 3 players in the league next year. Not taking anything away from Happ, because he’s really good. I just don’t see it. I also don’t buy into Wisky being a top 3 team... I have them around 5th or 6th. We shall see...

Archived