Big Bold Prediction

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bold prediction is that our fan base will have some that will be really disappointed when we lose a game early that wasn't expected.  I just hope we have a great season but reading some of the expectations I feel some will be upset and then will come on message board calling for the coaches head.

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My bold prediction is that our fan base will have some that will be really disappointed when we lose a game early that wasn't expected.  I just hope we have a great season but reading some of the expectations I feel some will be upset and then will come on message board calling for the coaches head.

solid prediction.  there is so much parody in men's college basketball.  so many good players at small schools.  great coaches.  upsets are so much more common.  

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

solid prediction.  there is so much parody in men's college basketball.  so many good players at small schools.  great coaches.  upsets are so much more common.  

THERE is TOO mucH PaRody(on this board!!!!) Let alone! In college BASKETBALL (inclUding PeeYew!) VBG!!!!!!!!! Smaall PaRodies!!! ToO!!!!!

HTD

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

On 5/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

Great post. Absolutely 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, rogue3542 said:

Devonte Green will be our most important player (doesn't mean best, though).  I think he takes a big step forward this year.

I actually think that is De'Ron if IU is to live up the large ante up of hype.

Green will definitely  be counted on to set an example and, like Smith, seems primed to break out big time if he becomes more consistent, but as physical presence goes  IU only has one De'Ron Davis.  Along with his health the most important thing for Davis will be making what we hope proves to be a Swanigan like leap in his conditioning.  If not one of the  two then both  are arguably most important in their own respective ways seeing how they're the remaining  upperclassmen along with Morgan and McRoberts. If  Green has serious NBA aspirations now's the  time foor more consistency, but I think Davis makes or breaks the team being able to  match up with anyone out there strength wise on both ends. We  need that 2nd guy  who  can work the post and take pressure off Morgan and shooting from the stretch  4 isn't going to  always be the answer against every opponent. 

My big prediction is we'll become very  big Jake Forrester fans, and other teams ,  not so much.  When a team doesn't have a kid with a bit of an edge about them it's a glaring hole as intangibles go. 

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

I actually think that is De'Ron if IU is to live up the large ante up of hype.

Green will definitely  be counted on to set an example and, like Smith, seems primed to break out big time if he becomes more consistent, but as physical presence goes  IU only has one De'Ron Davis.  Along with his health the most important thing for Davis will be making what we hope proves to be a Swanigan like leap in his conditioning.  If not one of the  two then both  are arguably most important in their own respective ways seeing how they're the remaining  upperclassmen along with Morgan and McRoberts. If  Green has serious NBA aspirations now's the  time foor more consistency, but I think Davis makes or breaks the team being able to  match up with anyone out there strength wise on both ends. We  need that 2nd guy  who  can work the post and take pressure off Morgan and shooting from the stretch  4 isn't going to  always be the answer against every opponent. 

My big prediction is we'll become very  big Jake Forrester fans, and other teams ,  not so much.  When a team doesn't have a kid with a bit of an edge about them it's a glaring hole as intangibles go. 

Why won't ability to stretch the floor always be the answer? Worked for Nova. Davis is just not versatile at all and slow. 

When I think of "stretching the floor" I don't think it means it's shooting a 3 always. Forcing long close outs and the ability to shot fake a burn by their defender to put even more pressure on the defense. 

Would love to see Fran get an extension!!!😉

Does anyone think Gard will start to come under any pressure. I don't think people understood how good Bo Ryan was at scouting players who fit his system.

The reason I like CAM, and this is early I know, but from the short time he has been constructing a team for us, he actually looks at having all the pieces, and how they will fit together. I believe he is like Bo at least in the fact they look for pieces to fit the puzzle. CTC major problem in recruiting besides losing the state of Indiana and its talent, he recruited like he was playing checkers. Just throw any player on the board. CAM from what I can see so far, recruits as if he is playing Chess, looking 10 moves ahead. I think Ryan was like CAM, but Bo did not worry about the talent level as much, since his system was very different, and relied less on athleticism.

Archived