Big Bold Prediction

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Iuprof said:

Would love to see Fran get an extension!!!😉

Does anyone think Gard will start to come under any pressure. I don't think people understood how good Bo Ryan was at scouting players who fit his system.

The reason I like CAM, and this is early I know, but from the short time he has been constructing a team for us, he actually looks at having all the pieces, and how they will fit together. I believe he is like Bo at least in the fact they look for pieces to fit the puzzle. CTC major problem in recruiting besides losing the state of Indiana and its talent, he recruited like he was playing checkers. Just throw any player on the board. CAM from what I can see so far, recruits as if he is playing Chess, looking 10 moves ahead. I think Ryan was like CAM, but Bo did not worry about the talent level as much, since his system was very different, and relied less on athleticism.

Love your analogy between CAM and chess. Nice to have a coach who actually strategize in his approach to building a team.

In regards to Gard. I think too many on this board are discounting the Badgers. Almost everyone back, including the guys who were hurt this past season. The guys who did play gained valuable experience and with Happ as their core, I think they are going to be much better than what we think. As much as it pains me to say it, I think that UW will be a force to contend with 

dUpsets are a common thing in college hoops in todays college hoops world ! Do i think The Hoosiers will go undefeated in 2018-19 ? Hell no !! It has been over 40 years since any college hoops team went undefeated during the regular season then won the NCAA tournament in the same season !! I do think IU could be one of the 4 best teams in col!ege basketball , IF Morgan returns AND The Hoosiers stay healthy all season long !!

58 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

RP starts day one

I'm going to piggyback and say if his good enough to do that... we win the big ten. Here's me pushing all my chips in on DG. He's the key. Not the only important factor, but the most important in my eyes. 

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I hope the competition makes both better, and it should.  Win/win for the team and fans. Maybe asking a lot for freshman RP to start over a junior DG.  But it’s BOLD.

My comment, after reading yours... was that they both start. That by NO means is out of the realm of possibilities. 1-3 we'd be crazy skilled. 

Eh, why not, Predictions:

+ We play NC State in the B1G/ACC challenge this year.  (Archie's connection)

+ We play Villanova in the Gavitt Tip-off Games this year. (to challenge Archie with the recent best)

+ Jake Forrester wins the Hoosier Hysteria Dunk contest.

+ Clifton Moore wins the Hoosier Hysteria 3pt contest.

30 minutes ago, Tiz10 said:

Eh, why not, Predictions:

+ We play NC State in the B1G/ACC challenge this year.  (Archie's connection)

+ We play Villanova in the Gavitt Tip-off Games this year. (to challenge Archie with the recent best)

+ James Forrester wins the Hoosier Hysteria Dunk contest.

+ Clifton Moore wins the Hoosier Hysteria 3pt contest.

I have it on pretty good authority James Forrester will not be winning a dunk contest at IU this coming HH. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:03 PM, btownqb said:

Why won't ability to stretch the floor always be the answer? Worked for Nova. Davis is just not versatile at all and slow. 

When I think of "stretching the floor" I don't think it means it's shooting a 3 always. Forcing long close outs and the ability to shot fake a burn by their defender to put even more pressure on the defense. 

Overall, I don't think the ability to closeout is any less important than having a post presence, especially in the pack line , but De'Ron presenting himself as a viable option only helps the effectiveness of a stretch  player, especially on defense when they leave the  block to close out. Team can't just dump it back to a true big to have their way on the  interior. Juwan picked up a lot of fouls at times when teams realized he had to be the back end of the defense. He appeared a  bit worn down in the last few games.

Offensively, a coach generally doesn't want their offense to get squeezed out to the perimeter

It's less ideal to lack the beef down low when shots aren't falling. Plus stretch 4's often take themselves out of position  to get offensive rebounds. Over reliance on anything is a weakness unless you're simply unstoppable. 

How does ability to stretch the floor help when nothing is going in?  it's just playing inside out which we know the benefits of. It can get a cold shooting team going. A "pick your poison"  lineup is what every coach in their right mind should long for. The more dimensions a team has , the greater the chances of finding a way to counter varying styles of play.

This team lacks a true center so it's even more important that De'Ron develops into that imposing presence down low.

16 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

How does ability to stretch the floor help when nothing is going in?  it's just playing inside out which we know the benefits of. It can get a cold shooting team going. A "pick your poison"  lineup is what every coach in their right mind should long for. The more dimensions a team has , the greater the chances of finding a way to counter varying styles of play.

This team lacks a true center so it's even more important that De'Ron develops into that imposing presence down low.

I get what you're saying, but stretching the floor opens driving and passing lanes, it's not simply a matter of outside shooting, and it's a chicken or the egg thing -- you can't stretch the floor without having guys who force perimeter coverage -- it is the ability to stretch the floor that makes a team more than one dimensional. (If I'm misinterpreting what you're saying here, my apologies, it's how I'm reading your post.)

26 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Overall, I don't think the ability to closeout is any less important than having a post presence, especially in the pack line , but De'Ron presenting himself as a viable option only helps the effectiveness of a stretch  player, especially on defense when they leave the  block to close out. Team can't just dump it back to a true big to have their way on the  interior. Juwan picked up a lot of fouls at times when teams realized he had to be the back end of the defense. He appeared a  bit worn down in the last few games.

Offensively, a coach generally doesn't want their offense to get squeezed out to the perimeter

It's less ideal to lack the beef down low when shots aren't falling. Plus stretch 4's often take themselves out of position  to get offensive rebounds. Over reliance on anything is a weakness unless you're simply unstoppable. 

I'm simply not a fan of DD's game. I don't see the need for a true center. Nova didn't have one, why do we? None of the NBA teams left have a true center. 

Archived