"Under the radar" kids?

There are a few kids from silver Creek playing on the number 4 ranked aau team in the nation.  Either 15 u or 16 u.  One of the boys is the nephew of Indiana St guy Matt Renn who teamed with Menser and beat IU twice.  He defended Romeo some when silver Creek played New Albany at bankers.  

I will have to search for his name.  Trey Kaufman.  The other kid is Kooper?  Kaufman is already 6'5" probably not done.  He will wind up a big wing.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

There are a few kids from silver Creek playing on the number 4 ranked aau team in the nation.  Either 15 u or 16 u.  One of the boys is the nephew of Indiana St guy Matt Renn who teamed with Menser and beat IU twice.  He defended Romeo some when silver Creek played New Albany at bankers.  

I will have to search for his name.  Trey Kaufman.  The other kid is Kooper?  Kaufman is already 6'5" probably not done.  He will wind up a big wing.  

Thanks for the heads up.......I found him.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/trey-kaufman/m_7-dFadEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

And the other kid.....

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kooper-jacobi/_9QneF3JEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

If Kaufman can grow 2-3 more inches, he will become a more high profile recruit.  He is about 6-5 now and has good length.  Has good instincts and timing for blocking shots.  His outside shot is good but his delivery is a little deliberate.  With a couple of more inches, it makes him more of a force inside.

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also worth noting is that Kaufman missed the early part of last season with injury.  His stats suffered a bit as a result as they integrated him in slowly.

I take it you have been keeping your eye on him?

May be under the radar now , but not for long.

Caleb Furst, 6'9" Freshman at Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian. 

Under the radar, only because he plays in the small schools division. 

Named third team All-Freshman team by Max Preps

Already has an offer from Porky

23 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

May be under the radar now , but not for long.

Caleb Furst, 6'9" Freshman at Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian. 

Under the radar, only because he plays in the small schools division. 

Named third team All-Freshman team by Max Preps

Already has an offer from Porky

Out of curiosity, did Blackhawk play Northside this year?

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Yes, the team's 2nd game of the year, thus his 2nd varsity game ever.

Lost handily, 67-41. Couldn't find a box score.

Team ended up 26-3 for the season. 

2 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Yes, the team's 2nd game of the year, thus his 2nd varsity game ever.

Lost handily, 67-41. Couldn't find a box score.

Team ended up 26-3 for the season. 

TY, doesn't Blackhawk have a Blackmon as well?

4 minutes ago, rico said:

TY, doesn't Blackhawk have a Blackmon as well?

No, the youngest is now back in Marion.

When the family lived in Ft. Wayne, dad coached at, and kids attended, Bishop Luers

Couple of things... 

The SC kids are fantastic... I mean that. As is the FR class in Indiana in general. 

Furst is not under the radar... at least not for me lol he's a top 50 kid nationally at least. 

I watched him play in Dec... long, athletic. Obvious he had spent some time in the weight room because he had true muscle definition for a 6'9 FR that's impressive. 

Hopf, Blackmon, Montgomery, Furst, Sisley (insane 3 of these kids are from the same conference).. Blackford kid, and the 2 SC kids, one from Brownsburg idk his name. 

We literally might not have to recruit any kids from outside the state in that class. 

I'm projecting here with a lot of my thoughts because if any of these kids add 2-3inches they're BIG time players. 

7 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

The word several years ago was that Jalen was the best of the three. Haven't heard much since the move to Marion.

From what I could find, he averaged 22.3 ppg on a 20-7 Marion squad.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Couple of things... 

The SC kids are fantastic... I mean that. As is the FR class in Indiana in general. 

Furst is not under the radar... at least not for me lol he's a top 50 kid nationally at least. 

I watched him play in Dec... long, athletic. Obvious he had spent some time in the weight room because he had true muscle definition for a 6'9 FR that's impressive. 

Hopf, Blackmon, Montgomery, Furst, Sisley (insane 3 of these kids are from the same conference).. Blackford kid, and the 2 SC kids, one from Brownsburg idk his name. 

We literally might not have to recruit any kids from outside the state in that class. 

I'm projecting here with a lot of my thoughts because if any of these kids add 2-3inches they're BIG time players. 

Just so I can keep this correct in my mind...this would be 2021 class?  Thanks for information!

20 hours ago, rico said:

Yes, Northside killed them. But Furst played great. At times he took it to Brooks Jr. Has a great 17ft jumpshot and some good post moves. If he can grow about 1-2 inches and get close to 7ft and gain some strength he will 100% be in the NBA some day.

Trey Kaufman is now 6'6" and hopefully still growing.  This comes from a very reliable source.  His uncle grew 2 inches Jr to Sr year and another inch or so as a frosh in college.  The family I grew up knowing are all gym rats and we're always improving.  From what I collect Trey is too and is a great kid.  

Archived