Sean East..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rico said:

The last I knew or heard was he had an offer from Huntington(IN) University.  But I read something where the author thought he would end up getting one from a mid-major DI school.

I have a hard time believing from what I saw that a school like Evansville, Indiana St, Ball St, Western Kentucky or whatever doesn't have a spot for a kid like that. I know his release looked low but who cares. It goes in. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have a hard time believing from what I saw that a school like Evansville, Indiana St, Ball St, Western Kentucky or whatever doesn't have a spot for a kid like that. I know his release looked low but who cares. It goes in. 

I am with ya.  

I know of a young lady from the great city of New Albany.  Believe she is 12 years old, if memory serves me correctly.  I did get a picture of her with Coach. Thanks to her dad. I am sure this young lady, would dearly love to see Sean walk on at IU.  In fact, at one time took she took it upon herself to tell Coach Miller, to stop watching Romeo, because he (Miller) already knew all about Romeo..... and to start paying attention to Sean.  And Coach said, laughingly, that he would, because of her. 

So, there is that. 

40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I know of a young lady from the great city of New Albany.  Believe she is 12 years old, if memory serves me correctly.  I did get a picture of her with Coach. Thanks to her dad. I am sure this young lady, would dearly love to see Sean walk on at IU.  In fact, at one time took she took it upon herself to tell Coach Miller, to stop watching Romeo, because he (Miller) already knew all about Romeo..... and to start paying attention to Sean.  And Coach said, laughingly, that he would, because of her. 

So, there is that. 

Sean's game does a lot of talking. Needent watch a game for long to notice that he was the 2nd best player on the floor

32 minutes ago, ephul said:

Sean's game does a lot of talking. Needent watch a game for long to notice that he was the 2nd best player on the floor

You have been a great friend of mine for many years now.  Albeit under different user names.  That's OK.  As I do appreciate all you have ever shared with me.  And trust what you say about Sean... enough ... to know he would be a welcome addition to our great BB team.... only if it were to be as a walk on.  Truly believe he can come on as a preferred walk on, based on some "Stuff", in the past few day.  But I would not begrudge him, if he chose a scholarship offer elsewhere.  All I know is that Romeo really respects Sean, and his game. 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

So, there is that. 

Yes, that was my daughter at Seymour, what a fun time! As rumors have it, there was a lot of discussion that Sean was invited to be a walk on, but alas, I am not sure Sean is in the position to do that. I spoke to Sean at the announcement and told him to keep his head up, and my old high school buddy who works at WNAS said that the AD is actively trying to shop Sean around. I think the perception is that he rode coat tails for 4 years, but he is a good player in his own right and a good kid. I even posted on my Facebook this weekend that someone needs to give this kid a look. I have faith that someone will, and I know that Archie has at least been informed of New Albany's opinion of Sean. 

5 hours ago, rico said:

Does anyone know how his grades are?  

If you're thinking play with an academic scholarship, I believe there are restrictions against that, although the rules are pretty convoluted as I recall.  Has to do with whether or not IU ever recruited him I believe.

48 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

If you're thinking play with an academic scholarship, I believe there are restrictions against that, although the rules are pretty convoluted as I recall.  Has to do with whether or not IU ever recruited him I believe.

Yes, I was thinking that.

Correct.  NCAA rules prohibit any recruit from walking on at any school with an academic scholarship in hand,  that has recruited him/her.  That is why Michael Jordan's son was able to walk on at Illinois under Weber, with an academic scholarship.  Because unbelievably, Weber and Illinois never recruited him .

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Correct.  NCAA rules prohibit any recruit from walking on at any school with an academic scholarship in hand,  that has recruited him/her.  That is why Michael Jordan's son was able to walk on at Illinois under Weber, with an academic scholarship.  Because unbelievably, Weber and Illinois never recruited him .

His son wasn't all that good though? lol 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

His son wasn't all that good though? lol 

Not sure if you are being serious or not.  However, from my perspective, Jeff Jordan was a pretty good player for Illinois.  Marcus, his brother, who Jeff transferred from Illinois to finish out his career to play with.... not so much. In fact, Jeff was one of the few Illini players I feared the most, whenever IU played Illinois.

Jeffrey_Jordan_Illinois.jpg

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not.  However, from my perspective, Jeff Jordan was a pretty good player for Illinois.  Marcus, his brother, who Jeff transferred from Illinois to finish out his career to play with.... not so much. In fact, Jeff was one of the few Illini players I feared the most, whenever IU played Illinois.

Jeffrey_Jordan_Illinois.jpg

In 3 years at UI.. the most he ever avged was 1.6pts... Marcus Jordan was pretty solid at UCF, Marcus avged 12.3 pts for his career. 

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

In 3 years at UI.. the most he ever avged was 1.6pts... Marcus Jordan was pretty solid at UCF, Marcus avged 12.3 pts for his career. 

Yep, Jeff didn't score much for average.  Which is partly the reason he scared me so much.  Cause, the kid could shoot.  Saw him sink several unbelievable treys against IU during his time at Illinois.  He knew the game ( I wonder why ).  He was a great distributor, and was strong on D.   Reason he scared me ?  I was always waiting for that breakout game against IU..... like so many others have had against IU since Jordan.  Thank goodness, it did not happen with Jordan.  But.... we have seen multiple times, since Jordan... of guys having career games against IU.  And not doing much afterwards.   Wasn't shakin in my boots. Just was waiting for a breakout game, which he was capable of having against IU.   And that's why he scared me so much.

Yea, seems like every year we have a game or two where some kid comes outta nowhere and has a crazy game against us. I’m not sure what it is, maybe the chance to play in one of the most iconic buildings gets their blood going - or just seeing the candy stripes pre-game is enough. 

Archived