OT Sage Steele to replace Jemele Hill on Sports Center

20 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The getting better part is very subjective. I might be off but our linebacking corp is one of the worst in the league.  No pass rush still. Young secondary with a huge upside. 

Rhe offensive line will not protect Luck. We have a franchise quarterback but refuse the fix the biggest deficiency on the team the past 6 years. Still no offensive play makers.

They are closer to  32 than to 1

Did you watch the draft?  We drafted who many believe to be the best OL prospect (not just guard) in the last decade with our first pick.  We also drafted another kid who many believe will start at right guard with our second 2nd round pick.  Our line is arguably set from LT to RG.  I think that we've actually fixed the line.  When Luck was healthy, he took a less talented roster to the playoffs year in and year out.  I have no doubt he'll continue to do that with a more talented roster, assuming that he's healthy.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Did you watch the draft?  We drafted who many believe to be the best OL prospect (not just guard) in the last decade with our first pick.  We also drafted another kid who many believe will start at right guard with our second 2nd round pick.  Our line is arguably set from LT to RG.  I think that we've actually fixed the line.  When Luck was healthy, he took a less talented roster to the playoffs year in and year out.  I have no doubt he'll continue to do that with a more talented roster, assuming that he's healthy.

I believe that Jim Irsay told us last year it was fixed. I know it is better but it was horrible so better i don't believe is still good. Last years team was by far the least talented team since Luck arrived.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That wasn't my complaint though

I know it wasn't but you said 32 was laughable. Not disagreeing but my point is they are not far from it.  Until I see #12 lighting people up I am going to remain negative on the status of the Colts. They are closer to #32 than #1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am no expert on the NFL but IMO the bottom 5 teams are Cleveland, Cincy, Chicago, Tampa, and Indy in no particular order.

I think your first 4 words covered it....Jets? Giants? Dolphins? Cincy had 7 wins last year. I see Bears and Indy on upswing. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think your first 4 words covered it....Jets? Giants? Dolphins? Cincy had 7 wins last year. I see Bears and Indy on upswing. 

I can always admit my weaknesses.... I can say that I cant see the Colts winning 8 games this year.  Bears yes for sure well the Colts cant go too much the other direction. Giants will be much better Cincy was bad and the Colts should have beat them. Dolphins wont be any good either. we are splitting hairs there are 8-10 really bad teams and I think the Colts will be one of them. I do not see Luck returning to form this year.

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I can always admit my weaknesses.... I can say that I cant see the Colts winning 8 games this year.  Bears yes for sure well the Colts cant go too much the other direction. Giants will be much better Cincy was bad and the Colts should have beat them. Dolphins wont be any good either. we are splitting hairs there are 8-10 really bad teams and I think the Colts will be one of them. I do not see Luck returning to form this year.

I have no reason why I believe this but for some reason I believe in Luck this year....and I really believe in Ballard. His track record with personnel is just so good. I've got enough on my plate. As a Bears fan we've mortgaged our entire off season (which has been a great one) on Mitch. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Never was a fan of his at North Carolina and last year while he made some good plays...he also consistently missed some wide open guys. Maybe a better line and line coach will help.

I am a Colts fan but follow the Bears very closely.  One thing to always consider when talking about teams is which division they play in.  IMO. just my opinion, the Colts are in the worst division in football right here right now.  Now IMO the Bears are in the best.  Once again just my opinion.  

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I have no reason why I believe this but for some reason I believe in Luck this year....and I really believe in Ballard. His track record with personnel is just so good. I've got enough on my plate. As a Bears fan we've mortgaged our entire off season (which has been a great one) on Mitch. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Never was a fan of his at North Carolina and last year while he made some good plays...he also consistently missed some wide open guys. Maybe a better line and line coach will help.

Just between me and you........I think the Bears will be fine.  

Just now, rico said:

I am a Colts fan but follow the Bears very closely.  One thing to always consider when talking about teams is which division they play in.  IMO. just my opinion, the Colts are in the worst division in football right here right now.  Now IMO the Bears are in the best.  Once again just my opinion.  

In the past I would agree with you. The Bears are in a much better division but the AFC South that has always been a less than stellar division is pretty good. JAX was 1 play away from the Super Bowl, or a bad call away. If Watson and Watts are back Houston has better personnel than Indy, Tennessee did a lot of upgrades as well but I am not set on Mariotta.  I have not even looked at the schedule this year to see the matchups. 

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

In the past I would agree with you. The Bears are in a much better division but the AFC South that has always been a less than stellar division is pretty good. JAX was 1 play away from the Super Bowl, or a bad call away. If Watson and Watts are back Houston has better personnel than Indy, Tennessee did a lot of upgrades as well but I am not set on Mariotta.  I have not even looked at the schedule this year to see the matchups. 

Well, the Jags are the one team I would gamble on.  Can't disagree there.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, the Jags are the one team I would gamble on.  Can't disagree there.

Do you trust Bortels? I think that will always be the question no matter what he does. Peyton proved his last year if you build the defense and don't turn the ball over you do not have to have huge numbers to win a title. Jax has the defense and the running attack and a pretty good O line.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That one guy who has a name similar to a guy who played here a long time and also has a couple super bowl rings but his name just slips my mind!

The same one that finished tied for 25th in QBR and below Brissett and Jay Cutler?

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

yes without his top 3 receivers, no running game and a coach that makes Chuck look competent. They will be much improved. 9  wins without seeing schedule.

But yet you don't recognize any of the Colts injuries... Colts literally have 14 very winnable games on their schedule. Come week 16 I hope we friggin steam roll them at home. And don't forget our QB is about 10x the player as theirs at this point in their careers. 

Just now, btownqb said:

But yet you don't recognize any of the Colts injuries... Colts literally have 14 very winnable games on their schedule. Come week 16 I hope we friggin steam roll them at home. 

I do completely they were 8-8 with Luck. The Colts roster is not very good. what are the 14 winnable games. 12 years ago maybe. I am a colts fan but also a realist.  half of 14 will be about right at best

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Just between me and you........I think the Bears will be fine.  

We've made some improvements but still looking up at Vikings, Packers, and probably Lions. Colts division I think is pretty good actually. Healthy Luck and Watson...Jags were close to Super Bowl and Tennessee isn't that far away. Pretty good division....IF QB's are healthy.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Brissett was plug and play literally learned the offense on the fly behind a OL.. no running game and horrible coach and had a QBR better than NYGs "legit" QB. 

this "legit" qb with 2 rings had popcorn vendors in the stands with better hands than his receiving corp.

Archived