The Renaissance

I think the 2018 recruiting class should be called "The Renaissance".

It has multiple ways that it applies. It signals a likely reawakening of the sleeping giant that is Indiana Hoosier basketball coinciding with the definition of renaissance. 

The top recruit in the class just so happens to be named Romeo, just like a major Shakespeare character during the Renaissance period.

Lastly, to my knowledge it doesn't have a negative connotation to be used by us against opposing fan bases like "The Movement" did.

What do you think HSN 3.0? 

8 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I think the 2018 recruiting class should be called "The Renaissance".

It has multiple ways that it applies. It signals a likely reawakening of the sleeping giant that is Indiana Hoosier basketball coinciding with the definition of renaissance. 

The top recruit in the class just so happens to be named Romeo, just like a major Shakespeare character during the Renaissance period.

Lastly, to my knowledge it doesn't have a negative connotation to be used by us against opposing fan bases like "The Movement" did.

What do you think HSN 3.0? 

I likey!!!!!!!!!  Suhweet.

Please no names for recruiting classes. We shouldn't be so happy with the #9 class that we have to give it some gimmicky moniker. This is IU and top recruiting classes should be expected. Naming them is the equivalent of storming the court after beating the #5 team in the country. We've been doing this for quite some time so let's act like it. I especially hated "The Movement".

Here's what I want from IU basketball. No more nicknames. No more gimmicks. No more firework shows. No more talking history from our AD. No more rah rah, respect the stripes.....blah blah blah. In this one instance I agree with Dakich. No more noise from IU basketball and administrators....How about just business. Name them after they win something.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's what I want from IU basketball. No more nicknames. No more gimmicks. No more firework shows. No more talking history from our AD. No more rah rah, respect the stripes.....blah blah blah. In this one instance I agree with Dakich. No more noise from IU basketball and administrators....How about just business. Name them after they win something.

I got a perfect name for that........"National Champions".

9 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Please no names for recruiting classes. We shouldn't be so happy with the #9 class that we have to give it some gimmicky moniker. This is IU and top recruiting classes should be expected. Naming them is the equivalent of storming the court after beating the #5 team in the country. We've been doing this for quite some time so let's act like it. I especially hated "The Movement".

Name me all of those top ranked classes IU have brought in from the past.  Right now we have the 7th ranked class in the country and I bet that we have not had a top 5 class in the country more than 4 or 5 times in the history of ranking classes.

I loved the movement when it was coined but after that bad experience, no way am I naming a recruiting class.  Without question, IU seems to be in a program rebirth and I'm enjoying that.

I think we should rechristen the movement as "Yogi and the Four Twits".

I thought recruiting class naming should be just for fun and not serious. If the class has a name it is just easier to remember, good or bad. The Movement, Fab 5, and Baby Boilers are the ones that come to mind. Didn't think of it as anything more than a #hashtag or easy way to reference the amazing group we have coming in.

52 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I thought recruiting class naming should be just for fun and not serious. If the class has a name it is just easier to remember, good or bad. The Movement, Fab 5, and Baby Boilers are the ones that come to mind. Didn't think of it as anything more than a #hashtag or easy way to reference the amazing group we have coming in.

...and there's nothing wrong with what you suggested.  Some of us are still gun shy from the movement.

How about we just call them "Hoosiers"? I'm as excited as anybody about the recruits coming in but I'm excited about what it means for IU! We didn't have catchy names for the 76 team, until after, then they became known as the "Last undefeated National Champions". Let them earn their nickname on the courts!

Archived