Jump to content

Richard Lagow....


Recommended Posts

Hey Gang, Just got an e-mail update from that other web-site and the title says that Lagow is one of the favorites to be drafted first in the 2018 NFL draft?

Seriously???

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25817062/nfl-draft-odds-for-the-first-qb-to-be-drafted-in-2018/?ttag=SL17_nl_247_indiana_0911

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll play devils advocate here....think Gibran Hamdan. Guy was terrible...only played meaningful minutes in one season for IU where he amassed an impressive 52% completion percentage while throwing for 14 INT's with only 9 TD's. All that being said, he was still drafted by the Redskins and bounced around the NFL for 7 years. Point is, if you have the skills make all the throws there's a team out there who will take a chance on you late in the draft in hopes that they can coach up the flaws. Lagow is a much better QB than Hamdan ever was, so it's not impossible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2017 at 0:13 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Hey Gang, Just got an e-mail update from that other web-site and the title says that Lagow is one of the favorites to be drafted first in the 2018 NFL draft?

Seriously???

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25817062/nfl-draft-odds-for-the-first-qb-to-be-drafted-in-2018/?ttag=SL17_nl_247_indiana_0911

Well, it is a betting site. Since you are the expert, bet the doublewide against the kid and let's see what happens. I prefer not to bet against members of the school and be negative, but you are the expert. Show us how smart you really are, how much faith you have in your expertise, put it all on the table. Or is that just talk, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Payday said:

Well, it is a betting site. Since you are the expert, bet the doublewide against the kid and let's see what happens. I prefer not to bet against members of the school and be negative, but you are the expert. Show us how smart you really are, how much faith you have in your expertise, put it all on the table. Or is that just talk, lol.

I did notice where Lagows' odds are better than the Buckeyes Barrett, so there's that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I did notice where Lagows' odds are better than the Buckeyes Barrett, so there's that

It is a long ass season, a lot can happen. I admit I didn't pay much attention to it, but I am guessing the site and odds were who would be the first picked. If not, then I would have a hard time understanding how anyone could put money on that with two games played and most teams playing creampuffs. We played Ohio but then Virginia, that won two games last year and had a coaching change, so I don't think anyone can tell anything yet. I would think that would be a fools bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The site doen't say he is going number 1.  It shows the betting odds on being the #1 QB pick...he is 12th on that list and I think that is about right.  Lagow will be fine.  He has a good arm and is smart. He plays for a questionable team during a turbulent time which is tough for even the the best players. Now I,a long with everyone else, wish he could stop the stupid turnovers...  I question where he will be drafted but I think these betting sites are using the info from the big throwing day at Ohio State and those numbers look pretty good.  I continue to hope that the competition will be good for Lagow and the team.  I like the 2 headed QB monster we got going now and think we can use it to our advantage as the season goes on...JMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Payday said:

It is a long ass season, a lot can happen. I admit I didn't pay much attention to it, but I am guessing the site and odds were who would be the first picked. If not, then I would have a hard time understanding how anyone could put money on that with two games played and most teams playing creampuffs. We played Ohio but then Virginia, that won two games last year and had a coaching change, so I don't think anyone can tell anything yet. I would think that would be a fools bet.

Welcome to the forum!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IU would have lost the game at Virginia had Coach Allen not switched to Payton Ramsey at QB ( in my honest opinion ) and stayed with Ramsey at QB !! Ramsey is much more the better runner and IU's running game has been so bad that WE NEED an extra runner in the backfield !! Ramsey gives IU that !! Lagow does not have the running ability that Ramsey does !!  I think [and hope] that Coach Allen understands this !! Go Hoosiers( no matter who the flipping QB is ) !! Beat pee yew !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

One bad Quarter, you stay with Lagow.

I agree.  I was fine keeping Payton in against Virgina, but I think Lagow should remain the starter for now.  He played pretty well against OSU and I don't think the first quarter against Virginia should relegate him to the bench.  I do think more split time between Lagow and Payton would be good for the team though as long as it doesn't disrupt momentum in a game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

La

fgow threw TWO interceptions and lost a FUMBLE AS WELL ( I do not consider THAT as being a GOOD PERFORMANCE)l vs the bucknuts !1  Last season , Lagow had either 17 or 19 passes INTERCEPTED [I know it was either 17 or 19 ints.  in 13 games] ! That is pretty sad  ,if you ask me !] Then , to start the 2017 season , he does the same ole  B.S. ( Throwing interceptions and losing fumbles) I could care less if a QB completes 60 passes in a game IF HE STILL LOSES THAT GAME !!!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Indykev said:

One bad Quarter, you stay with Lagow.

And did anyone count the dropped passes in that slow start quarter? I remember three or four in the receiver's hands, but I was told there were more. If you can't catch then you have to run. If you can't run then you have to let your QB scramble. If he scrambles and gets hurt, the season is a wash for all the players. There is a reason football is a considered a team sport, everyone does his assignment. We tried to run the QB against OSU and their team speed closed too fast and the coaches looked like they knew the QB was about to get torn apart. It will work against the Virginia's of the world that won a couple of games last year, but against OSU, PENN, Michigan, State, and Maryland whose backers and secondary are big and can close on the ball at a fast pace? I don't like that match up at all. It will be interesting but one thing is for certain, nobody on this board has any expertise or they wouldn't be here, they would be coaching. Everything looks easy after the fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Payday said:

And did anyone count the dropped passes in that slow start quarter? I remember three or four in the receiver's hands, but I was told there were more. If you can't catch then you have to run. If you can't run then you have to let your QB scramble. If he scrambles and gets hurt, the season is a wash for all the players. There is a reason football is a considered a team sport, everyone does his assignment. We tried to run the QB against OSU and their team speed closed too fast and the coaches looked like they knew the QB was about to get torn apart. It will work against the Virginia's of the world that won a couple of games last year, but against OSU, PENN, Michigan, State, and Maryland whose backers and secondary are big and can close on the ball at a fast pace? I don't like that match up at all. It will be interesting but one thing is for certain, nobody on this board has any expertise or they wouldn't be here, they would be coaching. Everything looks easy after the fact.

Including you on not being an expert. People are here to give their opinion and enjoy IU Sports. Why is it you are here?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Payday said:

Ok. Lol. Never claimed to be an expert, but I also don't go negative concerning my team or the players.

 

 LOL, I don't think anyone here claims to be an expert! :D  But they are encouraged to have opinions if they are presented in a rational way without attacking other posters.  While we stop senseless attacks on players, coaches, etc., we certainly encourage discussions on performance.  And I think we do a pretty good job at that.  Our QB's performance certainly has some areas of improvement that should be open for discussion...and yes some criticism.  Your defense of him also makes some great points.

While we don't have experts here, we do have coaches, ex-players and others that post here, especially in the basketball threads.  They usually don't tell everyone who they are but we can figure it out.  We have multiple insiders that post under various names and you would be surprised by who stops by...or maybe not.

I appreciate your support of Richard and would like to know your insight regarding the football team and what you think he can do to improve some of his flaws.  We don't have as many posters as we would like in the football forum so your opinion would only add to the discussion!  As I said earlier, welcome to the forum!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

 LOL, I don't think anyone here claims to be an expert! :D  But they are encouraged to have opinions if they are presented in a rational way without attacking other posters.  While we stop senseless attacks on players, coaches, etc., we certainly encourage discussions on performance.  And I think we do a pretty good job at that.  Our QB's performance certainly has some areas of improvement that should be open for discussion...and yes some criticism.  Your defense of him also makes some great points.

While we don't have experts here, we do have coaches, ex-players and others that post here, especially in the basketball threads.  They usually don't tell everyone who they are but we can figure it out.  We have multiple insiders that post under various names and you would be surprised by who stops by...or maybe not.

I appreciate your support of Richard and would like to know your insight regarding the football team and what you think he can do to improve some of his flaws.  We don't have as many posters as we would like in the football forum so your opinion would only add to the discussion!  As I said earlier, welcome to the forum!

I think that time for the o-line working together and getting stronger is the absolute key to the team. It always starts upfront, always will. it doesn't matter who the QB is, if the line doesn't get time to jell together, you know as well as I do that it becomes a crap shoot. Rotating the qb's is a great way to change things up, I am just not sure it bothers top tier teams because they can close space too fast and bring in fresh legs. We can not throw 65 times a game but we tried the scrambling QB and it didn't work because they closed so fast. Not sure there is an answer other than time for the o-line. We have to find a run game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...