Richard Lagow....

11 hours ago, Payday said:

I think that time for the o-line working together and getting stronger is the absolute key to the team. It always starts upfront, always will. it doesn't matter who the QB is, if the line doesn't get time to jell together, you know as well as I do that it becomes a crap shoot. Rotating the qb's is a great way to change things up, I am just not sure it bothers top tier teams because they can close space too fast and bring in fresh legs. We can not throw 65 times a game but we tried the scrambling QB and it didn't work because they closed so fast. Not sure there is an answer other than time for the o-line. We have to find a run game.

In the Ohio St. game, I thought the front line did pretty well for the first half but was just overwhelmed the second half with OSU's depth.  That will take another year to fix...You are right aht we can't throw the ball 65 times (at least not in too many games) but again, OSU kinda forced us to do so...because of the lack of running game. Maybe some creative play calling can help get some sort of running game going.  Rotating QB's may not work against the top tier teams but I don't have them down as wins anyway! :-)  I think the mid-level teams may have a problem scheming for the different QB's, at least that is the hope.  But we have to play without mistakes to win many of these games...and the turnovers killed us last year and may do the same this year.

In Game 1-Ellison was IU's leading rusher with 24 Net Yards ! Ramsey was IU's 2nd. leading rusher with 10 net yard (Sad but true !!)

in Game #2 Ellison was IU's leading rusher again- with 47 net yards !

Ramsey was [again] IU's 2nd leading rusher [in game 2] with 59 overall rushing yards and 27 net yards rushing ! An improvement over game ONE ! But  [ of course] The Hoosiers were not playing the #2 rated team IN THE COUNTRY IN GAME 2 . I think the running game will continue to improve game by game !! I have faith in Coach Deboard and the running backs coach !!

6 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

In Game 1-Ellison was IU's leading rusher with 24 Net Yards ! Ramsey was IU's 2nd. leading rusher with 10 net yard (Sad but true !!)

in Game #2 Ellison was IU's leading rusher again- with 47 net yards !

Ramsey was [again] IU's 2nd leading rusher [in game 2] with 59 overall rushing yards and 27 net yards rushing ! An improvement over game ONE ! But  [ of course] The Hoosiers were not playing the #2 rated team IN THE COUNTRY IN GAME 2 . I think the running game will continue to improve game by game !! I have faith in Coach Deboard and the running backs coach !!

Come on man, that is way too easy. Saying that the run game will continue to improve is a softball. You or I might be able to get that many yards lol. I think we will get better because we could not get worse. Those guys are young on the line, I understand and support giving them time. We did get beat down by OSU, we were just tired. Someone had the second Ohio int on a highlight clip and it is obvious the receiver is tired and the QB put the ball too far inside. Both looked tired. The thing about this team is that with the young line, young running backs, new offense and new coaches, we will not know how good this team is until mid season. The only complaint I have, literally the only thing I would complain about, could we please quit fielding the damn punt inside of the ten yard line? We caught one on the three or so last week, it looked like he was trying to keep it out of the end zone. Lol. But, even that, I can live with knowing the kid, I think it was him, has had two knee injuries and has not been active for a while and needs to knock the rust off. But inside the five lol! I would have hated to go to the sideline after that one.

4 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

He's too slow as a runner.  He has yet to improve over the last 2 yrs.  Strong arm, no doubting that.  Doesn't react well under pressure.  Still staring down receivers (which drives me absolutely insane).  I'm not saying he won't get drafted but if he does, it will be based on potential and arm strength IMO. 

Who on earth do we have posting here.  Good to see you man!

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Who on earth do we have posting here.  Good to see you man!

Likewise!  Been a while huh?!  :)  I went over to 24/7 this morning to look at some recruiting info and I thought I'd check out the old forums to see how things were.  It was a ghost town and I saw a thread asking where everyone went.  Just like that HSN is back in business.  Funny timing.

11 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Likewise!  Been a while huh?!  :)  I went over to 24/7 this morning to look at some recruiting info and I thought I'd check out the old forums to see how things were.  It was a ghost town and I saw a thread asking where everyone went.  Just like that HSN is back in business.  Funny timing.

What is this 24/7 that you speak of?  LOL

Archived