TV and its affect on sports

rico

When I was growing up we had 8 channels.  4 from Fort Wayne and when I would go out and turn the antenna 4 more from South Bend.  That is what we had.  It wasn't all that bad.  IU and Purdue games were broadcast through Fort Wayne......Dad would make me spin the antenna to pick up Notre Dame games out of South Bend.  Sunday was my favorite day in the summer.  I got to see the Reds and the Cubs play on TV.  I remember having Little League practice on a Saturday and couldn't wait to get home to see the MLB game of the week on NBC.  Monday Night Football was so special, I loved the half-time segment where Howard Cosell did the highlights from Sunday's games.  The NBA was non-existant as far as TV goes.  

Step forward.  Anything and everything is on the tube.  I don't have to leave my house anymore.  Everything, sports wise, that I want is out there and my fridge is close by.  

Yes......TV has changed sports.

Growing up in the Louisville area, our Saturdays during college hoops season were filled with Metro Conference and SEC games.  Ahhhhh, great memories of those titantic Tulane vs Virginia Tech and Ole Miss versus Vanderbilt games.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Growing up in the Louisville area, our Saturdays during college hoops season were filled with Metro Conference and SEC games.  Ahhhhh, great memories of those titantic Tulane vs Virginia Tech and Ole Miss versus Vanderbilt games.  

The old Metro and Virginia Tech.......the school with Dell Curry.  Watched them myself when channel 55 came on the air.

Archived