Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Honest question for those that have seen more of Galloway...it appears to me he and Leal have similar games etc..but I’d say Leal is a much better athlete and prospect...so why take both?

I thought coachss tweeted out recently that IU was going 2 deep with lander, Galloway, and Leal, Lander #1 and decisions to be made on which one of the other 2?  

Does that not mean, Lander for sure and just one of the other 2?  That was definitely the way I interpreted that.  

12 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought coachss tweeted out recently that IU was going 2 deep with lander, Galloway, and Leal, Lander #1 and decisions to be made on which one of the other 2?  

Does that not mean, Lander for sure and just one of the other 2?  That was definitely the way I interpreted that.  

2 deep meant 2 coaches were there watching. Lander is in the 21 class so Galloway and Leal shouldn’t matter. At any rate even if we add one more to this class we will have three scholarships for the 20 class so we could in theory get both 

12 minutes ago, IUskim said:

2 deep meant 2 coaches were there watching. Lander is in the 21 class so Galloway and Leal shouldn’t matter. At any rate even if we add one more to this class we will have three scholarships for the 20 class so we could in theory get both 

Unless ss clarifies, I think my interpretation makes the most sense, jmo, since he finished with decisions referring to Leal and Galloway.  Unless he's saying they are debating taking both???

@CoachSS care to clarify?  If not no big deal.  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Unless ss clarifies, I think my interpretation makes the most sense, jmo, since he finished with decisions referring to Leal and Galloway.  Unless he's saying they are debating taking both???

@CoachSS care to clarify?  If not no big deal.  

2 deep meant 2 coaches watching IE 2020. 

34 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Agreed Lander should be our future Rob replacement. To me Leal is the clear better of the two..I just can’t see us taking both when they would play the same position and the 21 class is so loaded..perhaps with kids better than either the two...I mean I can see one but two seems over recruiting when we could use that scholly for a much higher recruit that could help us in a different part of our team. I have zero problems banking scholarships and going all in for an epic 21 class.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Agreed Lander should be our future Rob replacement. To me Leal is the clear better of the two..I just can’t see us taking both when they would play the same position and the 21 class is so loaded..perhaps with kids better than either the two...I mean I can see one but two seems over recruiting when we could use that scholly for a much higher recruit that could help us in a different part of our team. I have zero problems banking scholarships and going all in for an epic 21 class.

Don't forget Morton who seems to be Archie s #1 priority for that class.

Just now, dgambill said:

Agree 100%  I am hoping for Leal but I was just trying to lay out what 2 deep meant for another poster

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don't forget Morton who seems to be Archie s #1 priority for that class.

Agreed...all 3 guards won’t sign with us. In home means what it means...we are trying to stay front and center with these two but not necessarily have to offer. To me Morton is the reason these two haven’t been offered....just too similar of players to go 2 and 3 deep.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed...all 3 guards won’t sign with us. In home means what it means...we are trying to stay front and center with these two but not necessarily have to offer. To me Morton is the reason these two haven’t been offered....just too similar of players to go 2 and 3 deep.

If I read correctly didn’t Archie meet with Morton  this past week? Maybe I am mistaken, but if he did maybe the meeting with Morton didn’t go so well and he decided to offer Leal and Galloway

1 minute ago, Cutter said:

If I read correctly didn’t Archie meet with Morton  this past week? Maybe I am mistaken, but if he did maybe the meeting with Morton didn’t go so well and he decided to offer Leal and Galloway

I don’t recall seeing that but that very well could be the case. 

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Indiana kids, you take them all, right?

With the extra schollys now I’m pretty sold on offering Leal...I’m not hot on Galloway...id rather stay on some bigs...Davis will be gone next year...likely TJD and Brunk the year after...we have guards of Galloway’s ilk every year in Indiana if not better so I’m ok passing on him.

16 hours ago, HoosierCPA said:

Per Peegs, IU will be having an in-home visit with Galloway Monday afternoon prior to the in-home with Leal. 

Is it just me or is the board ignoring this and essentially assuming Leal gets an offer later today while Galloway gets a "we are watching you develop" conversation?

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is it just me or is the board ignoring this and essentially assuming Leal gets an offer later today while Galloway gets a "we are watching you develop" conversation?

Arguably Galloway played better. More points per game on much more efficient shooting. And he has a history of defending the opposing team's best scorer and shutting them down. 

I haven't seen either play live so dont have a strong opinion. 

Morton is a PG. Another one I haven't seen play, and honestly I've never understood the hype. But a lot of people really like him, so I'm probably wrong. Anyway, neither Leal nor Galloway are billed as PGs, so likely not an issue. 

Archived