Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

That makes sense in terms of strengths and player focus. A shooter that can drive, versus a driver that can shoot.

A driver that can shoot.  Sounds like something good to have when some guy on the golf course tries to stiff you on the bet.

24 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Video - Trey Galloway discusses IU official and his recruitment after Indiana junior all-star game on Sunday night.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/video-2020-iu-basketball-recruiting-target-trey-galloway-discusses-iu-visit/

Enjoyed the interview. He comes across as a great kid.  He seems like a great embodiment of an IU player. I think we’ve got a good shot but time will tell.  I’d be ecstatic if we get him.  

Less than Zero. Good book but that’s how much I care about his ranking.  I think he’d be an ideal fit for IU and we’d be very happy, not just as a player but how the culture can take root.  He brings his attitude, rubs off on others, and over time helps instill it and demands it from younger players.  That chain —so vital for success— has not been working for years.  

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Enjoyed the interview. He comes across as a great kid.  He seems like a great embodiment of an IU player. I think we’ve got a good shot but time will tell.  I’d be ecstatic if we get him.  

Less than Zero. Good book but that’s how much I care about his ranking.  I think he’d be an ideal fit for IU and we’d be very happy, not just as a player but how the culture can take root.  He brings his attitude, rubs off on others, and over time helps instill it and demands it from younger players.  That chain —so vital for success— has not been working for years.  

Completely agree.  When I spoke with his Dad last week we discussed how Trey really isn't on social media, and not into self promotion -- he just wants to win.  Definitely a guy that can be the foundation of a culture.  FWIW, I think his ranking is going to soar when they are updated.  He will be a top 100 4-star for sure.

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Completely agree.  When I spoke with his Dad last week we discussed how Trey really isn't on social media, and not into self promotion -- he just wants to win.  Definitely a guy that can be the foundation of a culture.  FWIW, I think his ranking is going to soar when they are updated.  He will be a top 100 4-star for sure.

Where do you think all of the top Indiana guys will be ranked when the rankings are updated? I think it’s a good class but there aren’t any 5*/top 25 guys like we have most years. 

16 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

In the video he speaks of the incredible place the players live. I thought the freshmen lived in dorms. My memories of dorms are fun but aren't exactly "incredible". 

A couple of dorms will be closed this year due to mold. Some freshmen will have to live off campus. I'm guessing basketball players will be.

27 minutes ago, RJPaisley said:

In the video he speaks of the incredible place the players live. I thought the freshmen lived in dorms. My memories of dorms are fun but aren't exactly "incredible". 

They just built new apartments right next to Assembly Hall (actually just west of Memorial Stadium on Dunn) where all of the players live, including freshmen.

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Where do you think all of the top Indiana guys will be ranked when the rankings are updated? I think it’s a good class but there aren’t any 5*/top 25 guys like we have most years. 

I'd be surprised if Leal, Galloway, Ivey and Pack all don't end up in the top 150 on the 247Composite.  They are all 4-stars to me.  Maybe Dre Davis too.  I think Ivey and Galloway should both make really big jumps on the composite.

Archived