Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

14 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Depends what you consider locking up the state. We can't get every single good Indiana player. Not enough scholarships, and just not realistic. However, we landed Romeo and TJD, the last 2 Indiana Mr. Basketballs both of which were All-Americans. We also got Galloway, Phinisee, Armaan, and Damezi. Also in great shape with Leal and Lander. I think he is doing just fine. 

We missed out on Keion, so what. 

I'm pretty sure steuben was making a joke.😄 Reacting to all the naysayers.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, IUinLA said:

Maybe it’s just me, but when I watch his highlights, the way he moves his body reminds me a lot of a Hoosier great.  Totally different players, but the way he  carries his body and the flow of his game is so similar.  Anybody else pick up on who that might be?

I watched a few videos and I’m not sure who you are thinking...care to share?

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Awesome news!

Especially since--

-CAM really isn't locking up the state

-No one in there right mind would commit to the sinking ship that was/is IU basketball

-There are offers being thrown out willy nilly because the Indiana kids had their chances, and blew it.

Did I forget anything? Feels like I did.

Congrats Trey!  Gotta wear that #3

This is a nice pick up but lets not get carried away.  Crean was a dead man walking when he landed JS and Clifton Moore who were both ranked higher than Galloway.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

This is a nice pick up but lets not get carried away.  Crean was a dead man walking when he landed JS and Clifton Moore who were both ranked higher than Galloway.

Congratulation for being the first Debbie Downer to come here but no surprise it is you.

I know Justin was but did not think Clifton was.

Also, I think Galloway has been trending up in the rankings, but that may just be my perception.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

LOL...I should have known you'd beat me to it...

(pick your battles...pick your battles...pick your battles...)

Well I toned it down from what I really wanted to say.  I think to many fans just look at the ranking and not look at other intangibles when it comes to looking at players.  I like the fact that he is a coaches son so he has been around the game his whole life and know the right way to play.  He sounds like the kind of player we have been lacking when it comes to have competitors on this team.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I toned it down from what I really wanted to say.  I think to many fans just look at the ranking and not look at other intangibles when it comes to looking at players.  I like the fact that he is a coaches son so he has been around the game his whole life and know the right way to play.  He sounds like the kind of player we have been lacking when it comes to have competitors on this team.

I WANT at least one guy like this on every IU team that takes the floor. Gosh we have lacked this. Smart guy, good shooter, team first, four year player. Lord have MERCY he’s overdue. Very happy IU fan here

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I WANT at least one guy like this on every IU team that takes the floor. Gosh we have lacked this. Smart guy, good shooter, team first, four year player. Lord have MERCY he’s overdue. Very happy IU fan here

Agree with both of you.  I'm really pleased to have Galloway committed to IU.  If I had to choose between Morton and Galloway, I'm not upset about IU losing Morton at all.

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree with both of you.  I'm really pleased to have Galloway committed to IU.  If I had to choose between Morton and Galloway, I'm not upset about IU losing Morton at all.

Sounds like after the summer that Leal is going up in the rankings while Morton is going down.

16 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I know Justin was but did not think Clifton was.

Also, I think Galloway has been trending up in the rankings, but that may just be my perception.

Rivals had Galloway ranked really low, which was dragging down his composite, but I saw a story somewhere that said they were going to drastically move him upwards in their next rankings because of the solid summer he had,

19 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Justin Smith was ranked higher than Victor Oladipo.  Your point?

59 minutes ago, IUinLA said:

Maybe it’s just me, but when I watch his highlights, the way he moves his body reminds me a lot of a Hoosier great.  Totally different players, but the way he  carries his body and the flow of his game is so similar.  Anybody else pick up on who that might be?

Have not watched all the videos to compare but from the first time I saw Trey he reminded me of Randy Wittman

Simply that any IU basketball head coach should be able to land guys like Galloway and Leal in his sleep.  Romeo and TJD were statement commits.  This is not.

By your definition, I don't think Indiana as a state has any statement commits in 2020.  I think Leal & Galloway are damned fine players, though and I'd love to see both of them at IU...even more so than an out of state 1 & done.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Simply that any IU basketball head coach should be able to land guys like Galloway and Leal in his sleep.  Romeo and TJD were statement commits.  This is not.

You should apply for the job then, since you seem to be asleep. 

Archived