Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Problem?  What are you talking about?  We did get a great commitment and I'm glad Trey chose IU.  He'll probably prove to be a lot more valuable over time than many of the OADs we were after.

Before you were acting like this was a “meh” commitment that we should be able to bank on regularly, but now you’re saying we got a “great” one? Guess I’m confused. The kid was being recruited by Mich St, Kansas and UNC. You concerned by the stars next to his name? I didn’t see anybody going over the top celebrating this like it was Langford or Zeller either, so that’s why I was wondering if someone pissed in your Cheerios. 

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Before you were acting like this was a “meh” commitment that we should be able to bank on regularly, but now you’re saying we got a “great” one? Guess I’m confused. The kid was being recruited by Mich St, Kansas and UNC. You concerned by the stars next to his name? I didn’t see anybody going over the top celebrating this like it was Langford or Zeller either, so that’s why I was wondering if someone pissed in your Cheerios. 

C'mon.  He ain't a Cheerios guy...Fruit Loops is more like it.

How did their AAU team do this year? 

That was always something that bothered me about "The Movement" - they had a collection of talent that was supposed to win at IU, but I don't believe they did much winning at the AAU level. Obviously there are a lot of things that go into that, but that team had 4-5 IU players they should have won a lot if they were going to win at IU. This team has 3 guys we all want: I hope that's enough to win a lot of games.

2 hours ago, rbkl said:

Great article! Especially like the part about current recruits reaching out to our prospects.

Wonder if anybody with the basketball stature of TJD from the Stanford basketball team is texting Anthony?

I'm not one to follow recruiting much.  I'm perfectly content to leave that to CAM.  I simply am not impressed with * ratings because they never seem to include the equally important aspects that make a great player such as coachability, character, desire, and mutual respect that is just as necessary when building a culture and playing a team sport.  I personally am too old and have no interest in any social media but realize it is staple with these young mens generation.  Reading about the Tweets from TJD and now TG to other recruits really pleases me on many levels.  It shows they care about more than self.  They truly seem happy to be here to bring IUBB back to it's rightful place of being an perennial BB power.  CTA has taken some snide remarks about his LEO mantra.  However, look at his results and the upward trajectory that IUFB seems to be on under his guidance.  CAM may not call it LEO but to me he seems to be addressing the missing culture piece as well as the talent situation.   All in all I am very hopeful about IU sports in general right now.

Archived