Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It sucks if you’re a fan of Indiana high school basketball but I don’t blame the kid. To go play against much tougher competition and live away from home for a year, travel to games, and it basically be your first year of college essentially. I get it but sucks for high school b-ball fans. 

I hate these Indiana kids going to these basketball factories and think it is strange to do so after already committing to a school.  Most times you go to these schools to get more exposure for recruiting so if I were Purdue I would be a little worried that maybe he wants more exposure for the big time programs to see him.

39 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I would be worried about Ivey keeping his Purdue commitment by going to La Lumiere. All it takes is one big game for Ivey to go off with a scout from Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC there watching another high prized recruit and next thing you know an offer comes along. 

Black and Gold Illustrated would be comedic gold for months if that happened.

They haven't even mentioned it yet.

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

For a recruit who is uncommitted it may be beneficial as you're going to be playing in front of a bunch of scouts night in and night out, but I don't see where playing at Lu Lumiere for a single year does much. If anything, I would be worried about Ivey keeping his Purdue commitment by going to La Lumiere. All it takes is one big game for Ivey to go off with a scout from Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, UNC there watching another high prized recruit and next thing you know an offer comes along. I was very uneasy when Keion Brooks elected to play for La Lumiere last year.

Wouldn’t those same schools have been able to stumble onto him during any of the AAU tournaments? Anything could change of course but I feel confident that he’ll be a boiler next year. 

26 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Wouldn’t those same schools have been able to stumble onto him during any of the AAU tournaments? Anything could change of course but I feel confident that he’ll be a boiler next year. 

Very well could be, I just know a lot of the decision making behind going to a prep star like La Lumiere is gain notoriety and exposure. Trading away the opportunity to be Mr. Basketball, an Indiana All-Star, as well as giving up your social life as a high school senior is a pretty powerful move. He very well could still end up at Purdue and in fact wouldn't bet against it.

47 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Who else have you guys had from there? 

Only 2 that we had come to mind and they had already committed before they transferred. Raphael Davis and Jay Simpson. 

Didn't Davis commit to Purdue as a freshman or sophomore? Don't know much about Simpson. But I believe Ivey is in a different situation than either. Davis committed young and was a top prospect in his class an underclassmen who really fell by the wayside as kids starting maturing and catching up to him. Ivey for the most part has been flying under the radar up until this summer. He's trending up where Davis was trending down.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It sure did not help IU when Brook's left Fort Wayne last to go to La Lamueire.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Black and Gold Illustrated would be comedic gold for months if that happened.

They haven't even mentioned it yet.

Well, I just ran into my cousin this morning...and that Purdue fan is concerned about it.

23 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I doubt Ivey going to LaLu changes his commitment. Brooks wasn't committed when he went.

...but I'll admit that I'd laugh at the smug Toiletmakers on GBI if he flipped.

Probably not but like Galloway, Ivey was very under the radar going into this summer and both had very good showing on their respective AAU circuits.

17 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Probably not but like Galloway, Ivey was very under the radar going into this summer and both had very good showing on their respective AAU circuits.

Galloway under the radar going into this summer?  I don't agree with that.

50 minutes ago, rico said:

Galloway under the radar going into this summer?  I don't agree with that.

I mean he didn't receive his IU offer until after the 2nd or 3rd AAU tournament. Ohio State eventually offered as well and schools like Kansas and North Carolina started to gauge some small interest. 

23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

@IU Scott hey I misread your original post as saying Brooks did not benefit. So disregard my comment

No, you read it right because I think it benefited Brook's going to La Lamuierre and it hurt IU's chances.  UK might have offered him but it did not seem like you heard theIR name as much in his recruiting until late in his senior season.

38 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I mean he didn't receive his IU offer until after the 2nd or 3rd AAU tournament. Ohio State eventually offered as well and schools like Kansas and North Carolina started to gauge some small interest. 

Understood.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived