Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

22 hours ago, JugRox said:

Not to scare anyone.....but Trey isn't killing it from 3pt land. (26%)

Plenty of time to work on it, but as of right now I don't see him helping the shooting.

Well a guy like Zavier Simpson at UM can't shoot well but I would take a player like him because of his hard nose play and his leadership.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 11:30 AM, 5 championships said:

How much is his wrist hurting his shooting? I heard someone say it’s beoken?? Hopefully he gets that healed up this summer..

Hasn't he hurt it two years in a row? Injuries might be playing a part of that shooting...but as hard as he plays I'd bet he is the type of kid that will improve at whatever the coaches ask...and if being a 3pt threat is what they want...he will do it.

• 2 weeks later...

He scored 16 of CMA's 20 third quarter points and grabbed 4 rebounds to pull them back into the game.  I've watched several of his games and this was definitely one of his best all-around games.  Also noticed he didn't have his right wrist taped so hopefully that injury is or has healed.

I highly recommend you watch the second half of this game if you have time. I definitely see him contributing right away next year. CA plays good defense for the most part, Trey just attacked all night. 

I think the thing that impressed me the most about Treys performance came at the 1:56:00 mark of the game. He completely takes over a time out and coaches up the entire team. Those things will go a long way for an IU squad that needs consistent leadership for the next 4 years. 

https://youtu.be/Iue5kBUw34A

22 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He reminds me of Damon Bailey so much the way he plays.  Damon wasn’t a great shooter and was an underrated athlete as well.  I’m not saying Treys going to be Damon but they remind me of each other.

I can see that.  He likes going inside just like Bailey did.  Looks like a basketball player to me.

27 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He reminds me of Damon Bailey so much the way he plays.  Damon wasn’t a great shooter and was an underrated athlete as well.  I’m not saying Treys going to be Damon but they remind me of each other.

I'll never forget the absolute dismay and shock when I sat in Ballantine Hall for my Friday morning H105 Discussion class as a freshman. Bailey sat right next to me wearing a UK hat and honestly his legs were thick.....and equally shocking was seeing Damon get up and dunk with ease with those legs. As you say. Such an underrated athlete. I'll take Trey at 60% of Damon all day long for a few years and be very happy. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll never forget the absolute dismay and shock when I sat in Ballantine Hall for my Friday morning H105 Discussion class as a freshman. Bailey sat right next to me wearing a UK hat and honestly his legs were thick.....and equally shocking was seeing Damon get up and dunk with ease with those legs. As you say. Such an underrated athlete. I'll take Trey at 60% of Damon all day long for a few years and be very happy. 

I was a business major.  Loved the new business building (at that time, it was new).  Had a class or two in the old business building. And in Ballantine. Never could relate to Ballantine. 

Great story about Damon. Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The first time he ever dunked in a game was when he was in 8th grade...i think his vertical was 34"

Archived