Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Simply that any IU basketball head coach should be able to land guys like Galloway and Leal in his sleep.  Romeo and TJD were statement commits.  This is not.

But, Leal and Galloway are the best the state has to offer in 2020.  One of them will be Mr. Basketball.  If Leal commits to IU, that will be 3 Mr. Basketballs in a row.  I I'm fairly confident that Lander will make it 4 in a row next year.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

But, Leal and Galloway are the best the state has to offer in 2020.  One of them will be Mr. Basketball.  If Leal commits to IU, that will be 3 Mr. Basketballs in a row.  I I'm fairly confident that Lander will make it 4 in a row next year.

This is what I was thinking. One of those two has to win Mr. Indiana. When was last time we had 3 in a row with a chance for 4?

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Solid pickup.  Looks like a really smooth athlete and good slasher.  Sounds like he’ll come to play on defense as well.  Anyone who’s watched him in person know how his jumpshot is?

Jumpshot needs work.  Defense will be Big Ten ready on Day 1.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That's all probably correct.  And I'll be happy with Leal, Galloway, and a guy like Cross.  But don't kid yourself and say that isn't a very Purdue like class.  Maybe that's about what we are now.  So be it if true.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is what I was thinking. One of those two has to win Mr. Indiana. When was last time we had 3 in a row with a chance for 4?

Exactly.  You establish a precedent that Mr. Basketball stays in state and plays for the Hoosiers.  While 2020 may not be the best year for in-state talent, the next several have some major talent to be had.  By getting on this Mr. Basketball run, IU immediately becomes a player in the Mr. Basketball level kids in the following classes.

29 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree with both of you.  I'm really pleased to have Galloway committed to IU.  If I had to choose between Morton and Galloway, I'm not upset about IU losing Morton at all.

Me either! Galloway will be better and he is from Indiana he knows what it means to wear the jersey! 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's all probably correct.  And I'll be happy with Leal, Galloway, and a guy like Cross.  But don't kid yourself and say that isn't a very Purdue like class.  Maybe that's about what we are now.  So be it if true.

Mix some 'Purdue' type kids (hard workers that hang around 3-4 years and get better) with the uber talents that the 21 and 22 classes have, and you might just have a championship contender on your hands in a few years.  

And, speaking of Purdue, let's not overlook the fact that Archie has reached into Purdue country and grabbed Phinisee and now Galloway ....and to a lesser extent Damezi (IU had not had a recruit from Sourth Bend in 40-50 years).   

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I’d argue Ivey is the best player in state. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll win Mr. Basketball but I do think he’s better than either Leal or Galloway. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d argue Ivey is the best player in state. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll win Mr. Basketball but I do think he’s better than either Leal or Galloway. 

Of course you do.  But other than Purdue fans and his mom, no one else agrees with that.

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never. We've never had 3 Mr Basketballs in a row. The only time it's happened is 64-66, when Purdue landed Dennis Brady, Billy Keller and Rick Mount. No one has landed 4 in a row.

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Leal already dropped in the rivals rankings I believe. Morton had a modest drop but not a huge one. 

I think he meant Galloway going up not Leal. Rivals has stated Galloway will go up a lot in their new rankings...Leal has had Knee problems in past. Be interesting to see how high school season plays out now since Galloway wrist is healed and hopefully Leal feeling better. Ivey is very impressive I will agree there! 

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Lol. Rivals does. By a pretty substantial margin. I think even Rabjohns admitted it too. 

Rivals rankings are wacky right now.  Not sure when they were last updated.  Anyway, the 247 composite (all rating sites combined) still has Leal #1 in the state.  Ivey is 3rd, behind D'Andre Davis as well.  Galloway is ridiculously low in the composite because Rivals totally whiffed on him and is on record as saying they will be moving him way up in their next release.  If you look at 247's own rankings, they have Galloway ahead of Ivey.

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I think he meant Galloway going up not Leal. Rivals has stated Galloway will go up a lot in their new rankings...Leal has had Knee problems in past. Be interesting to see how high school season plays out now since Galloway wrist is healed and hopefully Leal feeling better. Ivey is very impressive I will agree there! 

Oh I def think Galloway will move up. Very surprised he wasn’t in the top 150 when rivals updated their rankings. He’s a solid player for sure. I wish Purdue had another scholarship for him but they only have one left and it’s for a big guy. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I def think Galloway will move up. Very surprised he wasn’t in the top 150 when rivals updated their rankings. He’s a solid player for sure. I wish Purdue had another scholarship for him but they only have one left and it’s for a big guy. 

I usually just go by 247 composite rankings.. regardless of where he ends up in rankings he will be underrated just like Phinisee was. Really really excited about Galloway. 

Archived