Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

35 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d argue Ivey is the best player in state. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll win Mr. Basketball but I do think he’s better than either Leal or Galloway. 

You know... I realize that some on here give you a lot of latitude. But I hope you understand how fortunate you are to be able to post on an IU board and be able to basically disrespect a kid and a program by claiming that one of your school’s recruits is a superior player over an IU commit.

I would argue that if I went over to Gold and Black or any Purdue board and started spouting off, I’d be summarily dismissed and probably banned.

All i’m saying is, hopefully your Purdue education taught you about the concept of tact. Maybe it did, and you forgot. More likely, it’s a foreign idea to you and you need to learn what it means and how to employ it.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You know... I realize that some on here give you a lot of latitude. But I hope you understand how fortunate you are to be able to post on an IU board and be able to basically disrespect a kid and a program by claiming that one of your school’s recruits is a superior player over an IU commit.

I would argue that if I went over to Gold and Black or any Purdue board and started spouting off, I’d be summarily dismissed and probably banned.

All i’m saying is, hopefully your Purdue education taught you about the concept of tact. Maybe it did, and you forgot. More likely, it’s a foreign idea to you and you need to learn what it means and how to employ it.

I see your point. I just think that Ivey will absolutely factor into the Mr. B-ball discussion that’s all. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's all probably correct.  And I'll be happy with Leal, Galloway, and a guy like Cross.  But don't kid yourself and say that isn't a very Purdue like class.  Maybe that's about what we are now.  So be it if true.

yes please.  the same PU team that nearly (and was darn good enough) just made the Final 4

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So the IU HC shouldn't be able to easily land a borderline top 150 in state kid?  I hope you're not serious.

Worrying about rankings is not how IU is going to build an IU team. It’s putting together the right pieces. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

We love you here!

On the Purdue board you called Carson Edwards "entitled" and said Romeo Langford earned everything through hard work.  Said only stupid NBA execs would keep Carson Edwards.

We all know you're an IU fan at heart.   ❤️💕❤️   

St L 2.JPG

43 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Been saying this for awhile. I always laugh when i see him on the Illinois boards playing both sides.

6 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

We love you here!

On the Purdue board you called Carson Edwards "entitled" and said Romeo Langford earned everything through hard work.  Said only stupid NBA execs would keep Carson Edwards.

We all know you're an IU fan at heart.   ❤️💕❤️   

St L 2.JPG

Lol that’s not my rivals username. I do have a lot of IU blood in me though haha. 

19 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Boiler, if you ever want to talk recruiting and discuss what Painter thinks and says there are people you can ask. 

Or, speak recruiting in general...

It may haunt you that some are “IU folks” but that is the truth of it all. 

Will do. You still keep in touch with Henke?

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Illinois boards are great. A ton of unrealistic fans over there. 

Not too different from Purdue fans in my opinion...I've lived around both. Both way overestimate their position in the college basketball hierarchy.

Difference is, U of I had been to a Final 4 this century.

42 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Worrying about rankings is not how IU is going to build an IU team. It’s putting together the right pieces. 

Agreed.  And if Archie has a plan I'm fine with him building his team however he sees fit.  Tom Crean never had a plan and that's probably the biggest reason why he's not our coach anymore.

53 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

So the IU HC shouldn't be able to easily land a borderline top 150 in state kid?  I hope you're not serious.

No two recruits or situations are alike. You honestly think we should be able to go into Lafayette and pull guys like Phinesse? Or pull guys from northern Indiana?? We just got a likely Mr Basketball finalist, a state champion...a real great coaches son and excellent ball player.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's all probably correct.  And I'll be happy with Leal, Galloway, and a guy like Cross.  But don't kid yourself and say that isn't a very Purdue like class.  Maybe that's about what we are now.  So be it if true.

You really need to take a break because it is obvious IU basketball makes you miserable. In return you being miserable makes this board miserable when you are on it.  Well for being a Purdue class I wouldn't mind being in the elite 8 and coming within minutes of going to the final four.  Not every class has to have 3 top 50 players and classes like this one if we get Leal and Cross will be very good building blocks to build your program around.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You really need to take a break because it is obvious IU basketball makes you miserable. In return you being miserable makes this board miserable when you are on it.  Well for being a Purdue class I wouldn't mind being in the elite 8 and coming within minutes of going to the final four.  Not every class has to have 3 top 50 players and classes like this one if we get Leal and Cross will be very good building blocks to build your program around.

It used to make me miserable when we lost.  I don't care one way or the other anymore.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah, after the top 50, it's just a toss up anyways. I like to judge a player by the schools that have offered. Mich St, Kansas jumping in the last couple of weeks, ND. I'm pretty happy landing this kid. To hell with the ranking.

Archived