Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

12 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Maybe 2 offers and its first to accept, other is out?

This is my interpretation. Same happened with Damezi, Frankling, Henry,etc.....we're offering 2-3 similar type guys in this class. First one to say yes gets the scholarship. Second to say yes might as well....but 3rd no go. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is my interpretation. Same happened with Damezi, Frankling, Henry,etc.....we're offering 2-3 similar type guys in this class. First one to say yes gets the scholarship. Second to say yes might as well....but 3rd no go. 

Do you think the in home with Galloway is before Leals because they are giving him first shot to commit? Not sure what to think of the order of visits but I think they may take both just my opinion 

32 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

And, yes, Morton is IU's #1 target in 2020. 

Galloway and Leal both had some good moments this weekend. Also, had a few "meh" moments. The team, itself, has a lot of new parts so everyone trying to figure out where they fit in, how they fit, takes time. And, with the new NCAA rules, time is not a commodity for a lot of AAU/ summer teams. Which is unfortunate... But, that's a completely different discussion. 

Just to clarify coach do you think we take both Leal and Galloway 

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I spoke with a few people this morning and I find today to be a very, very interesting today. I think parts of both camps are unsure on exactly what will happen. Certainly, the IU staff has seen both players many, many times so whatever they decide is the best move for them. And, I totally support it and I think the staff knows more than anyone else about these two players.

Really interested to see what happens. 

Me too thanks coach really appreciate you

36 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I spoke with a few people this morning and I find today to be a very, very interesting today. I think parts of both camps are unsure on exactly what will happen. Certainly, the IU staff has seen both players many, many times so whatever they decide is the best move for them. And, I totally support it and I think the staff knows more than anyone else about these two players.

Really interested to see what happens. 

As always, thanks @CoachSS

3 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Some Indiana Elite summer stats so far. 

Anthony Leal

13.4ppg, 3.7rpg, 2.3apg, .7spg

32% 3pt, 63% FT%

Trey Galloway

20ppg, 5ppg, 1.7apg, .7spg

38% 3pt, 78% FT%

Kristian Lander

11ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1spg

29% 3pt, 55% FT%

2.3 turnovers pg

Do you happen to know Jaden Ivey's?  And Nijel Pack?

4 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Anthony Leal

32% 3pt, 63% FT%

Trey Galloway

38% 3pt, 78% FT%

Kristian Lander

29% 3pt, 55% FT%

2.3 turnovers pg

Not good shooting from Leal or Lander

2 hours ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Anthony Leal

32% 3pt, 63% FT%

(was shooting 41% from 3 prior to this weekend where he went 1-12)

Trey Galloway

38% 3pt, 78% FT%

Kristian Lander

29% 3pt, 55% FT%

2.3 turnovers pg

I don't believe Leal went 1-12 on 3's this weekend.   Box scores I saw  don't indicate that.   I saw 3-6 on Friday; 0-6 and 1-1 on Saturday and 1-6 on Sunday for 5-19 on the weekend.

5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I can confidently say @5fouls I don't think that would be likely... 

Thanks.  I appreciate it.  I am assuming both players have already received feedback on what the staff wants to see from them in regards to developing their games. With that thought in mind, would the in home visits be used for anything other than an offer?

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Was getting ready to say the same thing.  Galloway can score, but is NOT a top flight shooter.

True but he is a very good passer, rebounder, and defender. He is the better all around player. Leal is a better athlete and shooter.

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

True but he is a very good passer, rebounder, and defender. He is the better all around player. Leal is a better athlete and shooter.

Yep that makes sense.  I'd be okay with Purdue landing Galloway but am higher on some of the other targets out there TBH.

1 hour ago, IU4Ever said:

I don't believe Leal went 1-12 on 3's this weekend.   Box scores I saw  don't indicate that.   I saw 3-6 on Friday; 0-6 and 1-1 on Saturday and 1-6 on Sunday for 5-19 on the weekend.

I wasn't counting Friday as "the weekend" but I was still off by a bucket. 

Below is Trey's stats thus far. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 3.12.47 PM.png

29 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

I wasn't counting Friday as "the weekend" but I was still off by a bucket. 

Below is Trey's stats thus far. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 3.12.47 PM.png

Solid all around so far.  His recruitment is a strange one.  I think 247 composite has him as 3 star ranked around 200, but he has an impressive list of schools showing interest.  Should we expect him tp move up in the rankings?

Archived