Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ivey has looked very impressive from what I’ve seen on the AAU circuit. Big get for PU.

Very glad he committed when he did. I’m guessing his offer list would have expanded considerably if he would’ve waited until after AAU was over. Still can’t believe we got him over ND. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Very glad he committed when he did. I’m guessing his offer list would have expanded considerably if he would’ve waited until after AAU was over. Still can’t believe we got him over ND. 

Never over until they signed their LOI

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Never over until they signed their LOI

True but I feel pretty comfortable with him sticking to it especially because he easily could’ve waited to see what kind of offers he’d get after playing AAU. That’s pretty strong conviction he had in Purdue wouldn’t you say?

4 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

They just built new apartments right next to Assembly Hall (actually just west of Memorial Stadium on Dunn) where all of the players live, including freshmen.

Wow. I was not aware of that.  Thanks for sharing. UK style !

Just so long as they don't order prostitutes like at .... was it Louisville ?   I kid of course.

Big ten money ? Going to athletics ?   I would hope so. 

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I believe but am not positive that they are private but IU has an arrangement to secure a certain amount of space.

Anyone can live there. Its just where the players live. Freshmen lived in Briscoe hall last season.

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Have any of the dorms been remodeled in recent years or are we still functioning in 1960's vintage space?

A couple were. But most are in bad shape with mold. Class action law suit against IU going on right now due to all the illness from it. IU bought out a lot of apartment buildings for the next couple years to deal with housing while dorms are getting remodeled.

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah I will be surprised if there are any top 50 guys.  I think Galloway may end up being the highest ranked maybe around 75.

We have been talking for a couple years now that Indiana wouldn't offer much in 2020 class. Take the best one or two and then look else where. 

38 minutes ago, Indykev said:

A couple were. But most are in bad shape with mold. Class action law suit against IU going on right now due to all the illness from it. IU bought out a lot of apartment buildings for the next couple years to deal with housing while dorms are getting remodeled.

That is really pathetic and just points to the ineptness of the university administration. Spending on all the new construction yet ignoring students’ basic housing needs.

Really makes me wonder about the current leadership in Bloomington 

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

True but I feel pretty comfortable with him sticking to it especially because he easily could’ve waited to see what kind of offers he’d get after playing AAU. That’s pretty strong conviction he had in Purdue wouldn’t you say?

Was he under concussion protocol when he verballed?

Me personally, I’d rather take a shooter that can drive vs a driver that can shoot (Romeo).  This last yr was painful to watch with the lack of shooting touch and the low scoring avg showed.  Let’s get swish after swish vs brick after brick and the rest will take care of itself.

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That is really pathetic and just points to the ineptness of the university administration. Spending on all the new construction yet ignoring students’ basic housing needs.

Really makes me wonder about the current leadership in Bloomington 

I had the exact same thought reading that.  Nice job, McRobbie!

https://news.iu.edu/stories/2018/12/iu/releases/07-residence-hall-renovation-plans-accelerated.html

McNutt and Foster obviously in bad shape, but Teter was already being renovated, plans to build a new building next to mcnutt was in the works, and Forest, Read and Wells already got updated.  

Unions St center was build just ten years ago, and when I was in undergrad 20 or so years ago I remember Wilkie getting remodeled as I was jealous of that they had a bathroom for every two rooms instead of the shared bathroom for the floor.  I know others have gotten new windows but not sure if they got full treatment.  But I think the statement the dorms have not gotten updated and/or built are not accurate, and McNutt and Foster were accelerated  because of the crazy mold issue.  Can’t close all the dorms at the same time when the campus is already overcrowded as it is.

I'm not a big McRobbie fan but I think a more accurate picture of the state of our campus is worth pointing out.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

What's the difference between composite and their own rankings? I don't tend to put too much stock in rankings either, just was surprised by his ranking when I saw it.

Composite is an overall ranking from all of the different recruiting services

Archived