Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

One line of thinking is that you dont want your targets to improve up the rankings, or necessarily make a splashy AAU game. Seems counterintuitive but I get it. 

The goofy thing here is that Galloway did have a splashy weekend or two, and he still dropped. Not only did he have the kind of hustle game that works in college,  his stat line was extraordinary. 

I like the rankings, but when you watch these guys in person it is immediately clear who can contribute. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/4/2019 at 1:03 AM, iuthruandthru said:

https://news.iu.edu/stories/2018/12/iu/releases/07-residence-hall-renovation-plans-accelerated.html

McNutt and Foster obviously in bad shape, but Teter was already being renovated, plans to build a new building next to mcnutt was in the works, and Forest, Read and Wells already got updated.  

Unions St center was build just ten years ago, and when I was in undergrad 20 or so years ago I remember Wilkie getting remodeled as I was jealous of that they had a bathroom for every two rooms instead of the shared bathroom for the floor.  I know others have gotten new windows but not sure if they got full treatment.  But I think the statement the dorms have not gotten updated and/or built are not accurate, and McNutt and Foster were accelerated  because of the crazy mold issue.  Can’t close all the dorms at the same time when the campus is already overcrowded as it is.

I'm not a big McRobbie fan but I think a more accurate picture of the state of our campus is worth pointing out.

I pretty sure that the planned "super dorm" came in over budget...that's what was relayed to me...therefore will be delayed some

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

I put a little more stock into the coaches who are trying to get him on campus as opposed to the top-100, 200, etc...

Amen.  So far, the combination of Archie Miller, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Mike Brey and several others have said "Come play for me" to Trey Galloway.  What further endorsement do you need?

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

One line of thinking is that you dont want your targets to improve up the rankings, or necessarily make a splashy AAU game. Seems counterintuitive but I get it.

That sounds strikingly like guys named Sheehey, Oladipo, Anunoby and Morgan.  Memory is slipping, but I think they all could play. 

Rivals ranking is bizarre considering how well Trey has played this spring after healing up from injury.  Reports have him shooting better and playing with more burst.  His tenacity and coach's son mindset are universally praised.  

I couldn't agree more with CoachSS about rankings.  I am a broken record on that so I won't keep harping on it now.

27 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

If the thought was he was headed to Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, 'Nova, etc., he'd probably be ranked in the top 50 (he typed sarcastically)

I wouldn't put Nova on that list. The recruits that get high/overly high rankings are typically the OAD types. Wright has had a few, but isn't an OAD factory.

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Amen.  So far, the combination of Archie Miller, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Mike Brey and several others have said "Come play for me" to Trey Galloway.  What further endorsement do you need?

9 out of 10 dentists.  :coffee:

1 hour ago, Moyeneeded said:

If this kid is as tough as everyone projects...this ranking may be a blessing in disguise. It may push him to better himself and prove otherwise. That I would love to see.

Have you seen him play?

3 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

How ironic is it that UK has a good dental school, too?

Yhey really do, true. A good friend of mine graduated from UK dental school and is doing very well for himself. He practices in Atlanta. UK really, ironically, has a very good dental program. 

6 hours ago, rico said:

Have you seen him play?

Have seen him a few times and love the way he plays. Personally would prefer him to Leal if I had to choose one. Aftet seeing them both, I feel Galloway has a bit of an edge to him. Toughness is something I think we could use more of.

37 minutes ago, Moyeneeded said:

Have seen him a few times and love the way he plays. Personally would prefer him to Leal if I had to choose one. Aftet seeing them both, I feel Galloway has a bit of an edge to him. Toughness is something I think we could use more of.

Meh, I don't know.  Seen Trey play quite a bit.  But I am a northern boy.  

8 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Galloway was present at the team camp even though his team was not playing in it. My guess is he was there for another unofficial. Gotta love having him there as many times as possible. 

Appreciate the "intel".

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Galloway was present at the team camp even though his team was not playing in it. My guess is he was there for another unofficial. Gotta love having him there as many times as possible. 

As also a coaches son...I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t doing some scouting at the same time. This is my number 1 Indiana HS recruit for 2020. He has really impressed me with his all around game. Kind of kid that just makes winning plays. We may be on some more highly desirable guys outside the state like Love and Garcia but inside the state he is my number 1 want...he’s a Swiss army knife.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

As also a coaches son...I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t doing some scouting at the same time. This is my number 1 Indiana HS recruit for 2020. He has really impressed me with his all around game. Kind of kid that just makes winning plays. We may be on some more highly desirable guys outside the state like Love and Garcia but inside the state he is my number 1 want...he’s a Swiss army knife.

I 100 percent agree 

Archived