Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

1 minute ago, rico said:

Nope...never compared Trey to Lewis.  To me they aren't comparable.  Two completely different games.  

I compare them because both are hard nose players who will do all the small things to win a game.  Both seem to be excellent passers and both can drive to the basket.  Lewis was never a knock down 3 point shooter which right now Galloway is not as well.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I compare them because both are hard nose players who will do all the small things to win a game.  Both seem to be excellent passers and both can drive to the basket.  Lewis was never a knock down 3 point shooter which right now Galloway is not as well.

Remember, we are talking what they did in high school.  Not what they did when they got to college.  In my book Galloway=Recker.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Remember, we are talking what they did in high school.  Not what they did when they got to college.  In my book Galloway=Recker.

That’s some high praise. Recker had the whole package. Athleticism, toughness, court awareness, could knock down shots. Mr. Basketball...so you think Galloway has those same traits? If so do you think he can win Mr Basketball this year? Thanks Rico!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s some high praise. Recker had the whole package. Athleticism, toughness, court awareness, could knock down shots. Mr. Basketball...so you think Galloway has those same traits? If so do you think he can win Mr Basketball this year? Thanks Rico!

Yep.  Trey has those same traits and the size as well.  As far as Mr. Basketball...he is definitely at the top of discussion.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

Well I saw Lewis in person two games his senior year at the HOF tournament in New Castle.  I only have seen Recker and Galloway on TV but I don't see the comparison to Recker at this point.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well I saw Lewis in person two games his senior year at the HOF tournament in New Castle.  I only have seen Recker and Galloway on TV but I don't see the comparison to Recker at this point.

You saw Recker on TV when he was in HS?

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep.  Trey has those same traits and the size as well.  As far as Mr. Basketball...he is definitely at the top of discussion.

Remember the year 1974!  We had co-Mr. Basketball's:  Roy Taylor and Steve Collier.  Could it happen again in 2020 with Galloway and Leal?  

11 minutes ago, rico said:

You saw Recker on TV when he was in HS?

I was a junior Reckers senior year. Saw some game tape when we played a common foe. His athleticism was off the charts but then again maybe it was my youth. If Galloway has that on top of his intangibles...wow!!

23 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Remember the year 1974!  We had co-Mr. Basketball's:  Roy Taylor and Steve Collier.  Could it happen again in 2020 with Galloway and Leal?  

Some guy named Larry Bird finished 4th in the voting that year.

Didn't I read somewhere that the voting was amended to prevent Co-Mr. B's unless it was an actual dead heat in the voting?

That aside, 2020 Mr. Basketball is probably more wide open than most years as I don't recall any single candidate really standing out from the crowd. Trey is surely in the discussion as would be Leal, Ivey and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Didn't I read somewhere that the voting was amended to prevent Co-Mr. B's unless it was an actual dead heat in the voting?

That aside, 2020 Mr. Basketball is probably more wide open than most years as I don't recall any single candidate really standing out from the crowd. Trey is surely in the discussion as would be Leal, Ivey and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

One thing that's worth mentioning is that Trey will be playing 4A this year (Culver is up for success factor). 

Carmel graduated a ton, CG has a completely new roster, BD lost a lot... LC lost some, but still have a lot back. 

Tre Coleman (I heard is going to prep school unconfirmed at this point).. NA will be very good, if Coleman leaves they should win that sectional. Bloom S lost a little, but bring back a lot. 

Basically.. 4A is WIDE open and it wouldnt shock me if it were BS vs CA in the 4A state championship next year. Would be cool if both were committed to IU.. winner gets a ring and Mr. Basketball. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

One thing that's worth mentioning is that Trey will be playing 4A this year (Culver is up for success factor). 

Carmel graduated a ton, CG has a completely new roster, BD lost a lot... LC lost some, but still have a lot back. 

Tre Coleman (I heard is going to prep school unconfirmed at this point).. NA will be very good, if Coleman leaves they should win that sectional. Bloom S lost a little, but bring back a lot. 

Basically.. 4A is WIDE open and it wouldnt shock me if it were BS vs CA in the 4A state championship next year. Would be cool if both were committed to IU.. winner gets a ring and Mr. Basketball. 

Have you seen much of Pete Suder? He seems like he could be a stud for Carmel. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Agreed. I think Jeffersonville will still be the team to beat down here though. Even if Coleman leaves they had some real nice players around him.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:08 AM, Hoosierinbham said:

Having seen Luke play for DeKalb against my high school,  that is high praise.  Kid could ball.  Cocky as hell, though.  Thanks for the insight.

If it's the Recker/Sheehey/Kramer kind of cockiness, put me down for a double. Roster needs a player like that right now.

Archived