Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Spoke to Trey today and he discussed recruiting and his matchup this morning against Purdue bound Jaden Ivey.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-trey-galloway-talks-recruiting-and-facing-purdue-commit-jaden-ivey/

So funny. I was in the process of posting your story. As you posted it for us.  Thank you.

I swear. You are the hardest working IU media person I know. While others take the weekends off. You keep on keeping on. And it is an honor whenever you share your stuff with Hoosier Sports Nation.

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

So funny. I was in the process of posting your story. As you posted it for us.  Thank you.

I swear. You are the hardest working IU media person I know. While others take the weekends off. You keep on keeping on. And it is an honor whenever you share your stuff with Hoosier Sports Nation.

You are way too nice.  The thing is -- it isn't work.  I was thrilled to go watch games today and talk to Trey.  My wife needs convincing from time to time, but that's another story.

I think the difference is, I've been an IU fan since I was six years old.  I don't think there is one other person on the beat that grew up an IU fan at all, and I hope it shows.  I can still be impartial, even critical when warranted, but I hope the passion shines through.  Thanks for your support Mile.

45 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

You are way too nice.  The thing is -- it isn't work.  I was thrilled to go watch games today and talk to Trey.  My wife needs convincing from time to time, but that's another story.

I think the difference is, I've been an IU fan since I was six years old.  I don't think there is one other person on the beat that grew up an IU fan at all, and I hope it shows.  I can still be impartial, even critical when warranted, but I hope the passion shines through.  Thanks for your support Mile.

You and I share a similar position in terms of our love for Indiana University.  Though we are not close to each other in terms of our current ages. I became infatuated with IU basketball at around the same age you.  Told this story before.  Had a hand held transistor radio. That I would take into my bedroom after dark to listen to IU games from WOWO out of Fort Wayne. As none of the local radio stations in NWI, where I grew up, carried IU basketball games. And had to wait till other radio stations went off air, per FCC regulations, before I could get WOWO.   Walter Bellamy was my first IU hero.  And when it came time to apply for college. I applied to just one college..... Indiana University. 

You are correct. Many media guys covering IU, did not grow up in Indiana.

Lastly. Will always have my support.  And I know many other Hoosier Sports Nation members, feel the same as I do.  After all, It is not often when a HSN member gets an appreciation thread for them. As GG did for you.

10 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You and I share a similar position in terms of our love for Indiana University.  Though we are not close to each other in terms of our current ages. I became infatuated with IU basketball at around the same age you.  Told this story before.  Had a hand held transistor radio. That I would take into my bedroom after dark to listen to IU games from WOWO out of Fort Wayne. As none of the local radio stations in NWI, where I grew up, carried IU basketball games. And had to wait till other radio stations went off air, per FCC regulations, before I could get WOWO.   Walter Bellamy was my first IU hero.  And when it came time to apply for college. I applied to just one college..... Indiana University. 

You are correct. Many media guys covering IU, did not grow up in Indiana.

Lastly. Will always have my support.  And I know many other Hoosier Sports Nation members, feel the same as I do. 

Walt Bellamy never, I felt, received the kind of recognition that he deserved...both in college and the NBA.

11 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Thank you, sir!  😉 One forgets Walt's combination of power and agility and quickness/timing.  What a force on the boards.

Three more presents for you :

3 More Unbreakable NBA Records That You've NEVER Heard Of

^^^ Walt is number 3.  Approx 3:30

WCA's Walt Bellamy POSTER Dunks

Epic Center Battle: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar vs Walt Bellamy 

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

What’s the old saying. Find a job doing what you love and you will never work a day in your life. You do a great job and while I am extremely envious of your position but I fully recognize you have a special skill for what you do! Thanks and know we are grateful to have you with us.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

What’s the old saying. Find a job doing what you love and you will never work a day in your life. You do a great job and while I am extremely envious of your position but I fully recognize you have a special skill for what you do! Thanks and know we are grateful to have you with us.

Thanks.  It's worth noting that I spent my first 20 years out of school doing something I didn't enjoy at all.  Sometimes you have to pay your dues.  I am working harder now than I ever did then, but like I said, it isn't work at all.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, INDenizen said:

I do like that he is a coach's son. One who has won a state title in Indiana (not easy). Those kids always seem to be ahead of others in the bball IQ department. I always take highlight reels with a grain of salt because I do not know what competition he is playing against.

that, and they never show the misses and turnovers

7 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Offered by Georgetown today 

Not at all afraid of Ewing here. I see Archie running rings around him when it comes down to coaching and development.  Ewing may get some talent because of who he is, but I haven't seen him do much with it thus far.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Not at all afraid of Ewing here. I see Archie running rings around him when it comes down to coaching and development.  Ewing may get some talent because of who he is, but I haven't seen him do much with it thus far.

Totally agree. I was just passing along the info. The only one for us to beat here is Izzo imo but I think we’re way ahead 

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That pass at the 1:07 mark...wow...beautiful! Especially without a lot of communication going on in the summer. Like this kid.

The Sky Hook. Afterwards. Once part of college basketball. Is a lost art. Happy to see, possibly, it coming back.

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Hope so.  Would be nice to get something positive right now.  This offseason has sucked worse than usual.  

Sucked why? Yes, of course it would have been great to add an impact 2019 player to go along with adding Brunk, with one of the remaining open scholarships, but otherwise nothing bad has really happened this offseason. Adding Brunk was a big pickup and nobody unexpected left. 

I'm not saying we have a team competing for a Big Ten Title or anything, but the offseason has been quiet, I wouldn't say sucked. 

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Sucked why? Yes, of course it would have been great to add an impact 2019 player to go along with adding Brunk, with one of the remaining open scholarships, but otherwise nothing bad has really happened this offseason. Adding Brunk was a big pickup and nobody unexpected left. 

I'm not saying we have a team competing for a Big Ten Title or anything, but the offseason has been quiet, I wouldn't say sucked. 

About a month ago I shared with Mile that I was hearing a July 15ish committment from Galloway.  My guess is within 10 days. 

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Last season was bad by any measure.  So you have the hangover from that.  Spring recruiting was very mediocre.  Yes, we added Brunk and I think that is a good pickup but we missed on every single other guy we went after in the spring.  There is no buzz around the team right now at all.  I have seen articles from the AD saying we are in a big rebuild.  Saw another one about ROI for the basketball program and we were in the bottom 10 for the past 10 years.

On recruiting, there is no buzz right now (or has not been lately)...just has felt like a funk up to this point.  I think the most rational expectation of next year's team right now is a bubble type of team.  It just feels like a blah summer, I would love to get a recruiting win to have something to get excited about.

Archived