Trey Galloway Commits to Indiana

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Couldn’t find it, but his dad has ties to Carmel and Lafayette. Trey lists Culver, IN as his home town. 

I will do some checking with my Plymouth friends.  But in my day, kids that went there were from all over the place.  Even different countries.

I think he’s lived in Indiana most of his life because Galloway was at Carmel as early as around 2002.  I’m pretty sure he hasn’t left the state since but maybe I’m wrong.

I should add I’m a Carmel grad and had him as a gym teacher around 2002 so I’m positive he was there around the time Trey was born.  That sounds like an Indiana kid to me.

2 hours ago, hoosier10 said:

I think he’s lived in Indiana most of his life because Galloway was at Carmel as early as around 2002.  I’m pretty sure he hasn’t left the state since but maybe I’m wrong.

I should add I’m a Carmel grad and had him as a gym teacher around 2002 so I’m positive he was there around the time Trey was born.  That sounds like an Indiana kid to me.

His Dad played at Bethel and coached in a couple of South Bend/Mishawaka schools before moving to Carmel. The coaching tree from Mike Lightfoot/Homer Drew era are quite large actually. South Bend Riley, Elkhart memorial, Lake Central, and Mark Galloway are just a few from that coaching Tree. As well as Bryce Drew and Scott Drew. the Riley coach is actually from the Boomington area if I’m not mistaken, and i think graduated from Bloomington south before moving onto Bethel and also was an assistant at Baylor under Scott Drew. Overall it’s a pretty good lineage. But here is a link that probably reinforces that Trey Galloway is a born and bred Hoosier.   https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=2ahUKEwig8K_G34DbAhWEwYMKHd4RBoMQFjADegQIABAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc57.com%2Fnews%2Ffather-and-son-duo-building-success-at-culver-academies&usg=AOvVaw0KGUo0fzUUI1UoTmxeoXD1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

20 class in the state is bad. you take Leal if he keeps improving, 38 in 3 quarters the other night. He didnt score in the first then took over.

Given that we might only have two openings that might be a good thing....gotta think Morton is a heavy lean our way we may only have 1 spot as I don't see an nba prospect or 1 and done on our roster next year. I think Trayce is a two year player...Keion likely 2-3. We just don't have a lot of room to make offers unless some guys leave which I don't think I want.

13 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I just watched Stewart make TJD look like he never played the game before, he will be here more than 2 years. Not the first time I've seen that. .  He will need to get tough to leave IU before 4 years is up.  There are no 6'5 centers in the Big Ten.

Saw the same thing.  Stewart was a force to be reckoned with.

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

I just watched Stewart make TJD look like he never played the game before, he will be here more than 2 years. Not the first time I've seen that. .  He will need to get tough to leave IU before 4 years is up.  There are no 6'5 centers in the Big Ten.

Wow....bad game. During AAU he had several games where he outplayed opposing 5* competition it was said. I think Stewart and Carey both if I remember correct. Sometimes if you team is being overwhelmed you lose your fight. The game I watched CG play Cathedral I really wasn't impressed with much of what I saw outside of TJD. Did CG get run off the floor??

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow....bad game. During AAU he had several games where he outplayed opposing 5* competition it was said. I think Stewart and Carey both if I remember correct. Sometimes if you team is being overwhelmed you lose your fight. The game I watched CG play Cathedral I really wasn't impressed with much of what I saw outside of TJD. Did CG get run off the floor??

I watched him get beat badly by guys just as big as he is this summer and everyone said just a bad game or he must have been tired. Elite players have rare off nights in AAU. I saw someone saying Trace will start next season over DeRon, that will not happen. Not saying he wont be great, just saying he isnt there yet and has to many bad nights.

29 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I watched him get beat badly by guys just as big as he is this summer and everyone said just a bad game or he must have been tired. Elite players have rare off nights in AAU. I saw someone saying Trace will start next season over DeRon, that will not happen. Not saying he wont be great, just saying he isnt there yet and has to many bad nights.

Hey..like you said...he has had some bad games....he also lit up Vernon Carey and the Scottie Barnes... https://indiana.rivals.com/news/watch-2019-five-star-forward-trayce-jackson-davis-goes-off-at-peach-jam  I mean watch the first two dunks on this highlight reel....literal poster dunks....

He had several other great games there. Granted it was AAU but maybe the kid just runs hot and cold. Maybe he is frustrated with his teammates. Didn't they get blown out by like 40 pts the other night? I think if he is motivated and focused under Archie he will produce...and yes I think he starts....whether alongside Davis or in place of Davis. We have no shot blocking and rim protection....he is totally what we need and while he may be here for a couple years not too many 5* kids don't come in and start right away...especially talented 6'9 kids with athleticism...something we lack!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived