Transferring My Support To This Team?

Hey everyone, new here. I was born and raised in Kentucky and have been a fan since birth - I wouldn't say a hardcore fan but a casual fan at least before the Calipari era. Honestly, I am sick and tired of this one-and-done stuff. I am tired of a having a brand new team every year. I just think it's ridiculous. It was nice having an Anthony Davis and a John Wall and when they go to the NBA that's great but the whole team? I know this whole state almost bleeds blue but I am ready to switch my alliance to another team. Bloomington is close (we live in Northern KY) and my wife and I plan on visiting the city in June for a weekend trip. What can you tell me about the team? How is the fanbase? Does almost the whole team stay a while? How is Bloomington? My wife and I are foodies. 

10 minutes ago, wildcat6125 said:

Hey everyone, new here. I was born and raised in Kentucky and have been a fan since birth - I wouldn't say a hardcore fan but a casual fan at least before the Calipari era. Honestly, I am sick and tired of this one-and-done stuff. I am tired of a having a brand new team every year. I just think it's ridiculous. It was nice having an Anthony Davis and a John Wall and when they go to the NBA that's great but the whole team? I know this whole state almost bleeds blue but I am ready to switch my alliance to another team. Bloomington is close (we live in Northern KY) and my wife and I plan on visiting the city in June for a weekend trip. What can you tell me about the team? How is the fanbase? Does almost the whole team stay a while? How is Bloomington? My wife and I are foodies. 

Are you making the rounds to the IU boards because this is the second one I seen you post this crap.  I don't believe this in anyway because if you have been a fan from birth you just don't change alliances especially to a rival. 

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Are you making the rounds to the IU boards because this is the second one I seen you post this crap.  I don't believe this in anyway because if you have been a fan from birth you just don't change alliances especially to a rival. 

Yeah, gotta wonder. I'm always a Hoosier fan (nearly 60 years) despite all the frustration and decades with no banner and years of modest success. Why? Because I love the school.

I couldn't transfer allegiance. Maybe someone else could, but I couldn't.

To be honest, can’t tell if you’re trolling, or serious. 

If you’re trolling, you’re going to get the type of pushback you’re already getting, and that kind of trolling would be, well, lame.

But if you’re serious and you’re leaving Cal and his history and NBA prep team loosely disguised as students, who never actually graduate and often carry at best questionable eligibility to “school” behind, then welcome.

- Rebuilding this past season after pro departures ourselves the prior year, which, under former HC Crean (who most UK fans remember...), would happen every 3-4 years without class balance and depth to deal with the departures, so now he’s gone.

- Team in good hands with Archie Miller, who has already in one season rebuilt IN HS recruiting ties and respect that Crean had effectively lost, and just brought in top 5 Romeo Langford, a monster player who is also a top student, to go with a strong and balanced class of 2-4 year players (and 3 of the top IN recruits) now ranked as the num 9 class nationally, but equally important a class with long-term depth, and one that has several elite IN and region recruits ready to follow. IU will have IN’s elite home-grown talent again, it has already started.

- The fan base is one of the most knowledgeable, engaged, and passionate. 

- Bloomington, home to what is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country, is a great college town, and home to several of the best pizza spots outside Chicago. 

6 hours ago, wildcat6125 said:

You can only become an IU fan if you know the answer to this question:

Who was better, Damon Bailey or Dennis Rodman?

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't join your towns welcome wagon. :coffee::cheers:

Guys.  I think we should require more evidence before we label someone a troll.  We all had to post the first time on the board.  The fact is that there are UK fans who are tiring of the Calipari way.  I'm not sure whether this guy is serious or not, but there was a better way to receive him than automatically labeling him a troll.  If he is truly a troll, then it would come out in the end and would be taken care of by the mods.  On the flip side, if he's not a troll, then we showed him our bad side, which is unfortunate.

One message to the OP.  If you want to be taken more seriously as you continue your quest to find another team, look no further than your screen name.  There is little hope to be taken seriously when your screen name still seems to pledge allegiance to the team you are wanting to leave.  There are billions of neutral screen names that are available for someone looking for a team to root for.

15 hours ago, wildcat6125 said:

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation, WC.  One of our most prolific and dare I say, respected members is a Purdue fan.  A username IMHO, does not define a fan of the game.

You came here in peace, and your post to me, at least was civil. .You took some shots, early on. Some questioning your true reason for joining.  But to your credit, you did not fire back. Personally, I welcome a different perspective, as we have enjoyed with our PU fan.... Boiler. Time will tell if we have that with you or not.

I am with you in terms of the OAD.  Perhaps have one occasionally is ok.... but not as a steady diet.

Bloomington is a great town for foodies.  Get back with us with your food likes, and I am sure our members can help you out, for your planned trip to B-town, in June.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Guys.  I think we should require more evidence before we label someone a troll.  We all had to post the first time on the board.  The fact is that there are UK fans who are tiring of the Calipari way.  I'm not sure whether this guy is serious or not, but there was a better way to receive him than automatically labeling him a troll.  If he is truly a troll, then it would come out in the end and would be taken care of by the mods.  On the flip side, if he's not a troll, then we showed him our bad side, which is unfortunate.

One message to the OP.  If you want to be taken more seriously as you continue your quest to find another team, look no further than your screen name.  There is little hope to be taken seriously when your screen name still seems to pledge allegiance to the team you are wanting to leave.  There are billions of neutral screen names that are available for someone looking for a team to root for.

I thought it was odd that this very post was on the rivals board as well but under a different user name.

You ask four questions all of which merit lengthy answers.  But I will make a start on the first and fourth.

As a team we are trying to get back to the days when we were a national power year-in-and-year-out.  After a disappointing 16-15 season, we have 5 new players.  The most important being Romeo Langford from you neck of the woods in New Albany.  He fills the most important thing missing in a guard who can score in many ways.  He's also a McDonald's AA, Indiana Mr. Basketball, and the 4th best career  leading scorer in boys Indiana basketball history.  Our main returnee is Juan Morgan who put up good numbers last year, and he is a candidate for all B1G first team and conference POY.  There's more, but I will let others fill you in.

As for Bloomington, it's like the Hotel California, you can check out, but you never leave.

32 minutes ago, slojoe said:

You ask four questions all of which merit lengthy answers.  But I will make a start on the first and fourth.

As a team we are trying to get back to the days when we were a national power year-in-and-year-out.  After a disappointing 16-15 season, we have 5 new players.  The most important being Romeo Langford from you neck of the woods in New Albany.  He fills the most important thing missing in a guard who can score in many ways.  He's also a McDonald's AA, Indiana Mr. Basketball, and the 4th best career  leading scorer in boys Indiana basketball history.  Our main returnee is Juan Morgan who put up good numbers last year, and he is a candidate for all B1G first team and conference POY.  There's more, but I will let others fill you in.

As for Bloomington, it's like the Hotel California, you can check out, but you never leave.

Slojoe has mirrors on his ceiling, and pink champagne on ice

This could be interesting to watch.. The OP sounds a bit like a little lost puppy, that we want to help..

Then adds a couple boilerplate comments about his home team that seem dated but common knowledge,,,but then asks questions about our team that a decent google search would answer..

Pulls us in a bit closer with hometown questions and some personal info....But casts the same net out to other boards too?

I think we're being probed...this is how the Russians or Aliens would do it to find out more about our kind.

Dude, if you're for real, Welcome!  If not, see ya!

Archived