IU hosts Marquette in 2018-19

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Marq fan said:

Thanks for letting me know! As much as I pretend I have swag at MU I don't think my annual $50 donation will get me a ticket! I'll have to remember to keep an eye on those boards.  

Eddy is a great friend of Hoosier Sports Nation.  And has been a great source for IU fans for tickets for years now.

Also.... Hoosier Sports Nation, has a ticket exchange board as well.  Understanding that we are a relatively new and small site compared to others.  Still worth checking for tickets here :

Ticket Exchange - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Eddy is a great friend of Hoosier Sports Nation.  And has been a great source for IU fans for tickets for years now.

Also.... Hoosier Sports Nation, has a ticket exchange board as well.  Understanding that we are a relatively new and small site compared to others.  Still worth checking for tickets here :

Ticket Exchange - Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Oops - my bad for excluding the ticket board on the site I am posting on!  Consider me red-faced.

Just now, eddy4iu said:

Oops - my bad for excluding the ticket board on the site I am posting on!  Consider me red-faced.

Not a prob.  Eddy. Don't give it a second thought. 

Just know we treasure your being a fantastic IU fan, and a member of HSN. 

1 hour ago, Marq fan said:

How a team from a smaller market, smaller school, with less NCAA success, zero final fours and less tournament bids is more associated with basketball to you than Marq i don't understand. UW coming to mind is 100% recency bias. 

Relevancy. You all aren't relevant.. idk what to tell you. Who was the first team you were talking about?

Wisconsin is relevant? They sure were last season. Wiscy’s perceived relevance is likely on the way out. They had a run, though they never really broke through in the tourney - close but no cigar - after being a door mat for decades, and that run may well be over.

do we define relevance as the here and now? Marq has a good history, I wouldn’t call them irrelevant, though that’s ultimately subjective. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Relevancy. You all aren't relevant.. idk what to tell you. Who was the first team you were talking about?

You have not actually defined relevant. Is your argument the last five years? Current coach? Everybody has their own definition so I'm trying to understand yours but you haven't actually defined it. 

The first team was Xavier. I don't see how a team with 5 more NCAA appearances, 8 more sweet 16, 4 more elite 8s plus final fours championship etc can be less relevant which again is why I want a definition of your idea of relevant so I can stop defending my Alma mater blindly and figure out if it's ignorance or a different definition than mine. 

14 minutes ago, Marq fan said:

You have actually defined relevant. If you're argument is the last five years? Current coach? Everybody has their own definition so I'm trying to understand yours but you haven't actually defined it. 

The first team was Xavier. I don't see how a team with 5 more NCAA appearances, 8 more sweet 16, 4 more elite 8s plus final fours championship etc can be less relevant which again is why I want a definition of your idea of relevant so I can stop defending my Alma mater blindly and figure out if it's ignorance or a different definition than mine. 

Xavier would be borderline I would say. I don't really need a Marquette fan worrying if I'm ignorant or not. 21-14 seasons don't make you relevant. You're an after thought. 

1 hour ago, Marq fan said:

You have actually defined relevant. If you're argument is the last five years? Current coach? Everybody has their own definition so I'm trying to understand yours but you haven't actually defined it. 

I wouldn't sweat it Marq Fan, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if some opinions are better than others.  I mean, look at that guy's list of "relevant" schools and that should be enough.  

It's pretty clear that most MU and IU fans see this as a great match up.  It should be quite exciting and will help set the tone for both teams next year.  

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think it speaks well for Marquette’s fan base, that they have folks showing up here, in May no less, to talk hoops right after the game was announced.  

I'm surprised you're not inundated with more of us, you should see the "old timers" on our boards who are still burned by this: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-03-25/sports/8501160864_1_indiana-marquette-uwe-blab    😂

2 minutes ago, MU MKE said:

I'm surprised you're not inundated with more of us, you should see the "old timers" on our boards who are still burned by this: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-03-25/sports/8501160864_1_indiana-marquette-uwe-blab    😂

I believe, IU holds an all time 7-2 record over Marquette.   Looking forward to the next game. As each team has a lot to establish, in terms of what the upcoming season holds for them.

2 hours ago, MU MKE said:

Sounds like vintage Knight to me.  No question he worked the officials but one thing Knight's teams were always good at was getting to the free throw line.  The team often MADE more free throws than their opponents ATTEMPTED.  That was a stat differential you don't see teams reach as consistently as Knight's teams did back in the day.

Welcome to the forum...it looks like an interesting matchup with all of the unknowns, but I hope IU smokes Marquette (no offense intended:P).

Archived