Jake is a Hoosier

Fundamentals

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think this signing keeps Romeo away.  In reality, a Romeo signing may result in an existing player to consider other options.

You thinking more along the lines of a current player transfer or a decommitment a la David williams?

I think Archie knows that Garland is a long shot.

If both Garland and Langford do want to commit to IU, a guard would likely be leaving.  The Forrester signing does not impact that in any way.  No one is going to want to be the 6th guard in the rotation.

It does not impact the scholarship situation, but I could see a frontcourt player redshirting next season, much the same as Thompson is doing this year.

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I think Archie knows that Garland is a long shot.

If both Garland and Langford do want to commit to IU, a guard would likely be leaving.  The Forrester signing does not impact that in any way.  No one is going to want to be the 6th guard in the rotation.

It does not impact the scholarship situation, but I could see a frontcourt player redshirting next season, much the same as Thompson is doing this year.

That's all probably true.  I just don't ever want to be in a situation again where we have to tell a kid to GTFO.  I thought those days were over when Crean got Creaned.

42 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That's all probably true.  I just don't ever want to be in a situation again where we have to tell a kid to GTFO.  I thought those days were over when Crean got Creaned.

Archie just did that to Gelon, and I'm sure it won't be the last time he does it.  And if both Langford and Garland want to commit, I would bet he won't hesitate to do it again.  "Creaning" is just a part of college basketball now, all over the country.

Archived