Pitino: Adidas Won Battle to Keep Romeo Langford

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm confused of your point? Those schools at least UNC and Nova aren't low in those rankings because of star power... they are lower because of numbers. 

Most of the UNC recruits are between 15-75 in their class and they recruit kids who will mainly stay in school 3 years.

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The real story here is that Pitino is talking.  That is the only news here.  The WaPo dude just used Langford as a way to make a story out of it.  Of course leave it to someone like Kravitz to try to stir the pot on Twitter.  

Agreed. Without going political here, because it is against our rules....  Certain people that used to be on the national stage, just need to understand that they just need to go away.

By the way..... what school is Pitino coaching at right now ?   LOL,

I find some of you young guys who make fun of the past and don't think anything back then was of quality even though you never saw the game back then.  Some of us older guys who have seen both eras are more qualified to judge what is the best.  yes the kids today are bigger and stronger and more athletic but to me that doesn't describe a great basketball player to me.  Also there were plenty of players back in the day who was very athletic but some of you who don't do any research wouldn't know that.  Players like David Thompson, Larry Nance, D. Wilkens, MJ are just a few who were as good of athletes that you see today.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I find some of you young guys who make fun of the past and don't think anything back then was of quality even though you never saw the game back then.  Some of us older guys who have seen both eras are more qualified to judge what is the best.  yes the kids today are bigger and stronger and more athletic but to me that doesn't describe a great basketball player to me.  Also there were plenty of players back in the day who was very athletic but some of you who don't do any research wouldn't know that.  Players like David Thompson, Larry Nance, D. Wilkens, MJ are just a few who were as good of athletes that you see today.

Old timer here.   Chiming in.  Will not deny those players. Not at all.  In fact, loved watching "Sky Walker" ( David Thompson) first hand while he was a Denver Nugget.

David Thompson "The Skywalker" Tribute Video

Caution on the video.  Turn your sound off. 

But  I would like to add one to the list.  To me, Bill Russell, was one of the greatest, if not the greatest center to ever have played the game. 

Just now, milehiiu said:

Old timer here.   Chiming in.  Will not deny those players. Not at all.  In fact, loved watching "Sky Walker" ( David Thompson) first hand while he was a Denver Nugget.

But  I would like to add one to the list.  To me, Bill Russell, was one of the greatest, if not the greatest center to ever have played the game. 

Probably the best athlete to ever play in the NBA and I never got to see him play is Wilt Chamberlin.

Also sorry to get the topic off topic but sometimes I just do it to see how people react because eit is so predictable at times. It seems like some can't take other opinion if they differ from their opinion.  I truly believe what I say but today I just kept going because I knew how some would react to my post.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

This doesn't implicate IU in any way, but it does look bad for Tim Langford, depending on your moral compass. Nothing happened to Duke surrounding Bagley, nothing will happen to us.

Morality has nothing to do with this.  The only reason any of this is an issue is because of rules that only apply in the construct of the NCAA, but not real life, thus causing a conflict.  There is nothing morally wrong about cashing in on a talent, no matter what your age is.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably the best athlete to ever play in the NBA and I never got to see him play is Wilt Chamberlin.

Also sorry to get the topic off topic but sometimes I just do it to see how people react because eit is so predictable at times. It seems like some can't take other opinion if they differ from their opinion.  I truly believe what I say but today I just kept going because I knew how some would react to my post.

Yes.  Really a toss up as to the top NBA centers of all time.  It truly was a pleasure to watch both of them play in their prime.

Don't worry about getting off topic, as far as I am concerned.  This is basketball.  And that is ALWAYS on topic for me. 

Besides it's the off season. We'll have plenty of time to talk about IU related topics come late summer and into the fall

Thanks for being a great member of HSN !

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most of the UNC recruits are between 15-75 in their class and they recruit kids who will mainly stay in school 3 years.

The flip side is that UNC gets to tell kids they dont have to go to class.  The NCAA already gave them a pass on that.  I'm befuddled as to why you are using them as an example of how things should be done.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes.  Really a toss up as to the top NBA centers of all time.  It truly was a pleasure to watch both of them play in their prime.

Don't worry about getting off topic, as far as I am concerned.  This is basketball.  And that is ALWAYS on topic for me. 

Besides it's the off season. We'll have plenty of time to talk about IU related topics come late summer and into the fall

Thanks for being a great member of HSN !

You can also put Shaq, Kareerm, Ewing and Olguwaun? with those two as the all time centers.  I miss seeing centers who could actually play in the post with their back to the basket and have great post moves.

Just now, 5fouls said:

The flip side is that UNC gets to tell kids they dont have to go to class.  The NCAA already gave them a pass on that.  I'm befuddled as to why you are using them as an example of how things should be done.

Just in the type of recruits they win with.  They don't get the one and done players and just win with top talent.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ah, so you are purposely trolling.  That makes more sense, I was confused about how someone could be that dumb.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can also put Shaq, Kareerm, Ewing and Olguwaun? with those two as the all time centers.  I miss seeing centers who could actually play in the post with their back to the basket and have great post moves.

All those guys admittedly made their mark in the NBA.  However, I would still place Russell and Chamberlin at the top of the list. 

I agree with your comments about centers who actually did their work as true centers. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I've already wondered that about a few of the concerned posters in this thread. 

This is the system. You want to start an AAU team, you go to the Shoe companies who run most events and ask for money. Not sure why all the drama. If you have good players lined up you have a bidding war and your kids eat better than McDonlds on the road.

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ah, so you are purposely trolling.  That makes more sense, I was confused about how someone could be that dumb.

I said I believe what I say but I just like how you just can't take a differing opinion.  Just because you don't believe it does not mean it is wrong and you probably don't have enough knowledge on the subject to be objective.

So Rick Pitino who says he knew nothing about Brian Bowen and hookers turning tricks a hundred yards from his office....knew time and dates verbatim for this article? Interesting and comical.

Nothing to see here by the way. This is how AAU is funded. 

Archived