Pitino: Adidas Won Battle to Keep Romeo Langford

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Guys DJ ask you to get back on the subject. Start a thread debating which era was better. a good topic. To many threads are getting pulled off subject. Mods fault.

I would think you guys would like the volume on this site especially during the off season

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Players today don't have to worry going to the basket and getting knocked on their butt.  If those players back then was able to play with the freedom they do today some would average 35 points a game.  MJ and Wilkens and Gervin who were great scorers would be even better today.

The reason guys can get to bucket today is because the defenses get so stretched out. 

Your argument is the equivalent of, "NFL teams today can throw the ball so good because they don't have to worry about running up the middle and get destroyed." 

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Some of the most entertaing threads on this board are ones that go off topic.  If i want hards news, I'll read it from a news source.  I do agree with DJ in the sense that personsl attacks are not needed.

Not to mention.....  Who could forget the "Banana IQ" debate???   :nansplit::jumprope::nansplit:

I don't like it, but after reading anything thus far, I don't see anything out of bounds.  Sounds like everyone played by the rules.  Maybe those rules suck and are an easy around the NCAA, but they are the rules.  Just another nothing-burger.  What do we expect from the fine journalists at the Washington Compost?  Looks like a way for Pitino to get some headlines  and for the Compost to sell a few more papers.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Back to the topic, I just hope nothing comes of this because I don't want to worry all summer if Romeo has any eligibility issues.  I just hope the FBI does not get involved ewith this because that could be a bad sign.

There isn't and there won't be. This is sour grapes by a bitter dude who knows that after months of talking about job openings...no one is calling yet and he's scared. Very scared. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There isn't and there won't be. This is sour grapes by a bitter dude who knows that after months of talking about job openings...no one is calling yet and he's scared. Very scared. 

Agree.  His way of attempting to keep his name in the national scene.  Personally.... I feel he should just fade away. 

20 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You know the chances of this being the case are next to nil, but what if Pitino is telling the truth?

How do you keep Adidas, Under Armour, and Nike away from kids when they are introduced to agents of those companies through AAU ball before they can drive?

If Pitino is telling the truth nothing will happen because he already said that this is perfectly legal. 

Lets not also forget that after Romeo announced, Tim said that Kansas (an Adidas school) was ruled out because of the imposing FBI investigation. If this was truly a concern then why would he murky the waters with IU. 

I love how Pitino had to throw this into the conversation “Gassnola and Gatto both knew, if they ever mentioned anything illegal with me, paying a kid, that would be the end of the conversation, and Adidas would no longer represent the University of Louisville,” Pitino said." to cover his ass. He was worried that adidas wasn't pushing Romeo to Louisville well enough for his liking and afraid they were pushing him to UCLA (looks like the Ed Schilling hire paid off again), so now that he's fired and is still trying to proclaim innocence he comes out with this. I think he was trying to attack adidas and Romeo (and by extension IU) are just getting caught up in his play.

20 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

This doesn't implicate IU in any way, but it does look bad for Tim Langford, depending on your moral compass. Nothing happened to Duke surrounding Bagley, nothing will happen to us.

Tim Langford so classy and full of character.  Hahaha.  Guy is a total fraud riding on his son’s coattails

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Eyeroll. K. 

After that announcement and now this news, I just think the guy is completely full of BS.  I don’t trust him- just my opinion.  You don’t go spouting off about character and have a ridiculous pastor speak for 20 mins at your sons announcement when you are out there collecting six figures from Adidas- classic misdirection by the holier than thou crowd.  Blind people with God and pointless fluff to cover up your indescretions- politicians have been doing it for decades.  I like Romeo a lot, Tim not so much.  

Archived