Pitino: Adidas Won Battle to Keep Romeo Langford

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

So that was a fantasy world you were talking about when you were saying if they did pocket any money?

Usually when someone uses the word "if" .. it's a hypothetical type situation. You can call it whatever you want lol I don't really care. 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Nothing but an immoral crook Profiting from a bunch of kids from where I sit.  :coffee:

Oh absolutely. Crooked at they come. Side note.. played against a 6th grader from Creek the other day. Solid, solid player.. nice skill level. 

I have looked but I have not seen anything about this article on ESPN.com and would have thought if this was a huge story they would have ran with this story.  I probably over reacted yesterday but I just did not like seeing something come out right after the commitment.  To me it just put a little cloud over IU and took away some of the excitement surrounding IU basketball.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh absolutely. Crooked at they come. Side note.. played against a 6th grader from Creek the other day. Solid, solid player.. nice skill level. 

Good to hear.  Most of the noise I hear are about our Freshmen and 8th grade classes. 

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have looked but I have not seen anything about this article on ESPN.com and would have thought if this was a huge story they would have ran with this story.  I probably over reacted yesterday but I just did not like seeing something come out right after the commitment.  To me it just put a little cloud over IU and took away some of the excitement surrounding IU basketball.

...and with that "cloud", Tricky Ricky accomplished his real goal.

As an NA resident, I hope this action by the disgraced Pitino drives more Cards fans living in this town to Bloomington. Now, just waiting for that backlash against Cal to start building more and we can have a Crimson wave of IU fans drawn by Romeo, and less UK gear in our malls.

side note: thought it was distasteful of WaPo to disclose the Langford’s personal financial info.

Side note 2: Does Pitino think this will get him a coaching gig? Is he that delusional?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Few newspapers or reporters are commendable people. Have you read Bob Kravitz article? I would punch him if I'm Archie or Tim. 

Agree. Kravitz did a very lazy and poor bit of journalism with that piece. Maybe he did it while drinking a bit much (known to happen) or perhaps he was past a deadline....either way his piece yesterday was crap. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree. Kravitz did a very lazy and poor bit of journalism with that piece. Maybe he did it while drinking a bit much (known to happen) or perhaps he was past a deadline....either way his piece yesterday was crap. 

I think Gladys has taken too many slapshots to the cranium...

30 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

As an NA resident, I hope this action by the disgraced Pitino drives more Cards fans living in this town to Bloomington. Now, just waiting for that backlash against Cal to start building more and we can have a Crimson wave of IU fans drawn by Romeo, and less UK gear in our malls.

side note: thought it was distasteful of WaPo to disclose the Langford’s personal financial info.

Side note 2: Does Pitino think this will get him a coaching gig? Is he that delusional?

There is very little quality journalism today, and probably none in the Washington Post.  Tabloid journalism at its worst, as exemplified by the Pitino article.

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I've tried to get through the Kravitz piece (of shit) like 3 times.  It is just awful, 3rd grade logic, nonsense.  He didn't even bother to mention that OG, Morgan, JBJ, Troy, and many others played for non-Adidas AAU programs and yet still ended up at IU. 

I am ashamed to know that Kravitz is an IU alum.  Having said that, Bob used to write for the now defunct Rocky Mountain News in Denver.  He was horrible.  Many felt he alone helped lead up to the death of one of the nation's great newspapers, before being run out of town.  Sadly for my Hoosier friends, and you as well, he wound up, back in Indiana.

Why Your Hometown Columnist Sucks: Bob Kravitz

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I am ashamed to know that Kravitz is an IU alum.  Having said that, Bob used to write for the now defunct Rocky Mountain News in Denver.  He was horrible.  Many felt he alone helped lead up to the death of one of the nation's great newspapers, before being run out of town.  Sadly for my Hoosier friends, and you as well, he wound up, back in Indiana.

I truly wonder what he thinks when he writes something like that.  Is it all just being edgy to generate clicks?  Or does he actually think he has said something enlightened?  I get that my take was IU slanted.  But, you can write a perfectly balanced view of it like Osterman did too.  What exactly is Kravitz' angle?  Antagonist?  Grouchy old man?  What a sad existence if your angle to make money is to take unwarranted and lazy cheap shots at your alma mater just to stir the pot.  "Hey everbody, look at me, I'm still relevant over here at Channel 13!!!"

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

I couldn't read it all the way through either. I kept skipping parts and when I got to the bottom I was really disgusted. @Hoosier10, I'm guessing you liked it?

I hated it.  Kravitz is a hack writer and that piece was very lazy.  I’ve said how I feel.  It was the preachy nature of the announcement when this was going on that bothers me.  That’s all.  

I think Archie and his assistants did a hell of job to land Romeo and that piece made it out like it was only about the money, which is clearly false. 

38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I was so excited when I heard that Kravitz was leaving Denver. I just couldn’t stand him as a columnist nor a radio host. His opinions always seemed lazy or crafted just to piss people off.  Of course, the subject of Coach Knight would send him into a raging fit. I was always ashamed that he was an IU alum. 

Imagine my horror when I found out he was going to the Indy Star...

Archived