Jake Forrester commits to Indiana..

jimmygoiu

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know many love the argument that rankings don't matter, but... is this really the highest rated kid we could get at this point?

I think it's a case of Archie really liking the kid.  If he feels the potential is there, I can understand wanting to make the leap before others get involved if the kid ends up shooting up the rankings

I don't know a lot about the kid. But Archie must see him as capable of playing the 5 in his system. If you look at our projected roster for 2019-20, 11 out of 13 spots are now filled and the only real center is Davis (and there's no guarantee he's still around for that year). The other post players are 6'8" Race Thompson and now 6'9" Forrester.

36 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I forgot Clifton Moore as a potential post option - but he's still more of a 4. Forrester may be the future at the 5.

I think we'll land a true 5 in the 2019 class.  But Forrester looks like an intriguing prospect, especially if he's actually 6'10 as advertised.  Athletic shot blocker and dunker.  Maybe it's just the hair, but in his highlight videos, he kind of reminds me of DJ Wilson from UM.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's a case of Archie really liking the kid.  If he feels the potential is there, I can understand wanting to make the leap before others get involved if the kid ends up shooting up the rankings

Agree. I think with recruiting, and this is really basic, but are you getting talented kids and are you getting your primary targets. There's a difference between settling because you swung and missed on every one else and getting a lower ranked kid because you saw something and targeted him. 

Archie seems to to be doing pretty well with locking down his primary targets, which to me is key. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I think we'll land a true 5 in the 2019 class.  But Forrester looks like an intriguing prospect, especially if he's actually 6'10 as advertised.  Athletic shot blocker and dunker.  Maybe it's just the hair, but in his highlight videos, he kind of reminds me of DJ Wilson from UM.

We may, but it's getting tight on scholarships. Right now we have two openings for the 2019 class. If we land Romeo, then just one. Center would be the priority but we seem to be in good shape with some top notch '19 forwards.

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I think with recruiting, and this is really basic, but are you getting talented kids and are you getting your primary targets. There's a difference between settling because you swung and missed on every one else and getting a lower ranked kid because you saw something and targeted him. 

Archie seems to to be doing pretty well with locking down his primary targets, which to me is key. 

Amen brother.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Another thing if we wait on Garland and Romeo it could be long wait.  A lot of big time prospects wait until spring to sign and if we wait and they go elsewhere we could be left with nothing.

Romeo has said that he is waiting until spring.  I think that is good for us as CAM gets a chance to show his stuff.   I don't know about Garland plans to sign, but he's pretty well down to Vandy and Duke.  We're a very distant 3d at best.

Good interview of Jake Forrester's dad on Inside The Hall.  His dad played for Temple in the 80's against Bruiser Flint, and apparently they have a longstanding relationship.  So I would say having Bruiser on the staff was a plus in this recruitment.  His dad says his son a legit 6'10".  He thinks his son is a stretch 4, but not a wing.  He can guard 2-4.  Read it!

1 hour ago, slojoe said:

Good interview of Jake Forrester's dad on Inside The Hall.  His dad played for Temple in the 80's against Bruiser Flint, and apparently they have a longstanding relationship.  So I would say having Bruiser on the staff was a plus in this recruitment.  His dad says his son a legit 6'10".  He thinks his son is a stretch 4, but not a wing.  He can guard 2-4.  Read it!

Is there any video posted of him shooting the ball? The one video I saw from the rivals site, i believe, shows nothing but him at the rim. 

40 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah...had that thought, but still seemed to make more sense to me over there, but to each his own I guess. Seems like we have a lot of threads on the same subject which makes my OCD hurt. :P

Personally, I thought things were better organized at HSN2.0 with one recruiting thread on the general forum, as opposed to separate recruiting and general forums.  Fewer duplicate threads.  But not that big of a deal overall.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah...had that thought, but still seemed to make more sense to me over there, but to each his own I guess. Seems like we have a lot of threads on the same subject which makes my OCD hurt. :P

Your 'Painter' avatar is wearing off on you.  Seems you're finding it difficult to multi-task.   

Archived