The Off-Topic Thread

22 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Young man working at Meijers asked me if I needed help finding what I needed in the light bulb aisle. When I said that I needed a 3-way, he looked at me a little strangely.

Never gets old. I have to find a new way to initiate 3-way when all I'm trying to do is get two others on same call.  My problem is my field is about 90% female....But it's like guys getting hit in the balls. Never gets unfunny....and less of course it's you. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never gets old. I have to find a new way to initiate 3-way when all I'm trying to do is get two others on same call.  My problem is my field is about 90% female....But it's like guys getting hit in the balls. Never gets unfunny....and less of course it's you. 

Lol sack tapped my best friend the other day. Never ever will grow out of that. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I think we’re being invaded. I am building my safety bunker, I’ll stock it with the above beer suggestions. 

LOL.....but don't forget that AR-15!!!!!!!!!!  It does wonders on those little oranges!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Mac said:

The Pearcy brothers played for the Detroit Falcons. The Pearcy brothers grew up in Martinsville, home of John Wooden.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Pearcy

I knew about the John Wooden , being from Martinsville. But not about the Pearcy brothers.  So thanks for that.

When I was in school at IU , underclassmen were not allowed to have a car on campus. Though I had a friend from high school , and later a roommate ,who kept a junker off campus.... but that's another  story for another time.   So when I did not have a car, I once took a bus from Bloomington to Gary.  I recall stopping in Martinsville for well over an hour to pick up passengers. Many other stops on the way.  The bus trip took over 10 hours to complete.  By car it was much less than half that time. 

Needless to say. That was the last time I used the bus to get back home. From then on, I used the car pool board in the IMU, until I could drive my own car on campus.

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I knew about the John Wooden , being from Martinsville. But not about the Pearcy brothers.  So thanks for that.

When I was in school at IU , underclassmen were not allowed to have a car on campus. Though I had a friend from high school , and later a roommate ,who kept a junker off campus.... but that's another  story for another time.   So when I did not have a car, I once took a bus from Bloomington to Gary.  I recall stopping in Martinsville for well over an hour to pick up passengers. Many other stops on the way.  The bus trip took over 10 hours to complete.  By car it was much less than half that time. 

Needless to say. That was the last time I used the bus to get back home. From then on, I used the car pool board in the IMU, until I could drive my own car on campus.

I knew both Pearcy brothers, or at least I met both of them. I did know children of both of them. Henry Pearcy was the Principal of Martinsville High when I went there, eons ago.

For some reasons (my older brother lived up in Hammond), I took the bus ride from Lake County back down into Martinsville in around January of maybe '69. Yeah, long trip. Driving was quicker, especially those nice long, straight, flat stretches of I-65 north of Indy.

Off-Topic Thread. Good. Good to bring up irrelevant stuff.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

Is there anyone who actually doesn’t?!

I don't know anybody that actually does.  I know people that will tolerate it.  But, I've never been with someone that actually ordered it in a restaurant.  

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't know anybody that actually does.  I know people that will tolerate it.  But, I've never been with someone that actually ordered it in a restaurant.  

Well I don’t know about ordering it in a restaurant, but I love me some meatloaf with mashed potatoes.  Especially in the winter.

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

Well I don’t know about ordering it in a restaurant, but I love me some meatloaf with mashed potatoes.  Especially in the winter.

My gf and dad honestly would eat meat loaf for every meal. 

That, breaded tenderloin, or a grilled cheese are honestly what my dad lives on. He can't make any of it himself. 

Archived