The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dr. Jones said:

How long was the poor fellow gone?  We had one go missing for 3 months once.  

10 days.  Seems that after just a few days the chances of return/recovery go down significantly.

36 minutes ago, rico said:

Try mowing an acre!!!!!   LOL  I do.

First time mowing at my new place I push mowed and bagged.  Six hours later and job done, I decided never again.  I bought a riding mower with a 54" deck.

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Oreilly auto parts customer service sucks.  

Last time I went there I was in the middle of trying to find a part . Guy answers the phone and starts looking up a part for the phone customer.  I left.

Being interrupted is pet peeve #47. 

Sorry I couldn't read your entire post, I had to answer a phone call. What were you saying?

I am a 60 year old grandfather of 6.

I really have to bite my tongue when a waitresses/cashier/customer service person-all less than half my age- call me "Hon" or "Sweetie ".

I have threatened to respond with "babe" or to somehow call them on it, but my wife hates confrontations and I have promised her to behave.

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Oreilly auto parts customer service sucks.  

Last time I went there I was in the middle of trying to find a part . Guy answers the phone and starts looking up a part for the phone customer.  I left.

Being interrupted is pet peeve #47. 

Not necessarily Oreilly auto parts.  But have been there and done that. Reminders me of the time I was at Lowe's early one morning. Electrical dept.  Could not find what I needed. So I found the guy in charge. He was checking "stuff" on the computer.  Not to disturb him, I stood to his side. So he could see me.  Stood there for at least 10 minutes. He knew I was there. But never even acknowledged me.  So, frustrated... I left.  As I walked out. A lady with a Supervisor sign on her chest, asked if I found what I needed. I told her what had transpired.  She offered to help.  I said no... not after the time invested.... and that I would be going across the street to Home Depot.... where a person came UP TO ME....to ask if they could help me.  They walked me back to where I needed to be. Stayed with me to make sure I got what I needed. And I was on my way.

Maybe a small thing.... but have never returned to Lowe's ever since. 

32 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I know what you are going through. 18 months before my son, slept the night through. 

She just fell asleep in my arms. Our son was sleeping 12+ hours at this same age. We are lucky to get nine from her. It has given me plenty of time the last few months to keep up with threads here though. 

Archived