The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

She just fell asleep in my arms. Our son was sleeping 12+ hours at this same age. We are lucky to get nine from her. It has given me plenty of time the last few months to keep up with threads here though. 

There's always a silver lining!

30 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

She just fell asleep in my arms. Our son was sleeping 12+ hours at this same age. We are lucky to get nine from her. It has given me plenty of time the last few months to keep up with threads here though. 

Treasure the time with her. And your son. It seems they grow up before you know it. 

14 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pretty surprised at this. He had it made at Southern and it seemed like the right amount of scrutiny. 

What in the world is he thinking? Going from Houston to Detroit??? Has to be $. Having dealt with him a few times after his first IU contract he might have run out of cash and needs it. 

10 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Mike Davis to Detroit Mercy.  Step up from the SWAC to the Horizon League.

This shocks me.  At Texas Southern, I figured he had the job for life.  The Horizon may be a better league, but realistically the goals of the program are the same.  Consistently make the NCAA tournament and you're the man.  He had that down to a science at Texas Southern.  Detroit is going to be a much tougher gig.

11 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Pretty surprised at this. He had it made at Southern and it seemed like the right amount of scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

This shocks me.  At Texas Southern, I figured he had the job for life.  The Horizon may be a better league, but realistically the goals of the program are the same.  Consistently make the NCAA tournament and you're the man.  He had that down to a science at Texas Southern.  Detroit is going to be a much tougher gig.

The first thing I thought was that we probably won’t be seeing him in the tournament again for a while.  But I would bet he got a decent raise, and it wouldn’t surprise me if a guy like him that has experience at the highest level wanted a new challenge.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

So how many years you give him there?

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He was at IU for 6 years.

He was at UAB for 6 years.

He was at Texas Southern for 6 years.

6-6-6

Hell if I know.

Why do I hear the music from "The Omen" playing in the background?  Hmmmmmm

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He was at IU for 6 years.

He was at UAB for 6 years.

He was at Texas Southern for 6 years.

6-6-6

Hell if I know.

Ray McCallum, who was an assistant at IU, after Davis.... was head BB coach at Detroit for 8 years. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe Davis can actually schedule a few home non conference games at  Detroit unlike he could at Texas Southern.

On 6/6/2018 at 9:07 AM, Parakeet Jones said:

Anyone else’s allergies especially bad this summer?  

Get on local bee pollen asap.  Start with about a dime or nickel size mound in your palm or on a spoon and swing it down with coffee or milk.  Work your way up to about a full mounded teaspoon once or twice a day.   I have had some extreme seasonal allergies my entire life with sinus infections about twice annually.  In the last 4 years since eating pollen daily I had one, and that was really a cold in January.  

I get mine from Kroger or rural King.  Or even better, support a local bee keeper.  

30 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Get on local bee pollen asap.  Start with about a dime or nickel size mound in your palm or on a spoon and swing it down with coffee or milk.  Work your way up to

Good idea! I've been trying a heaping helpings of Tequila every night, convinced the Agave effect will help. Maybe i will try this instead, won't be as much fun though..

On 6/5/2018 at 6:31 PM, Jerry Lundergaard said:

I am a 60 year old grandfather of 6.

I really have to bite my tongue when a waitresses/cashier/customer service person-all less than half my age- call me "Hon" or "Sweetie ".

I have threatened to respond with "babe" or to somehow call them on it, but my wife hates confrontations and I have promised her to behave.

Just ordered takeout. The young lady ended the conversation by saying "thank you, honey." My wife said she was proud of me because I didn't lay into her.

I may need counseling for this 😀

Archived