The Off-Topic Thread

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Things I don’t understand 

1. Man buns

2. That sit down reclining bycyle thing 

3. Fried butter balls (an actual snack, Houston)

4. Large women in spandex ....

yours? 

#4 just cracks me up.  The little lady and I were just talking about it last night.  We went to the grocery and there is this huge woman in spandex.  We laughed about it all the way home.  She makes supper, and we are eating and she is still laughing about it.  I for one, that it was a horrid sight.  

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

1. Man buns

yours? 

Go to the Indiana State fair and you can get about anything fried there.

3 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Also, people that enter a store through the exit or exit out the entrance door. 

To expand on that.  People that either don't read or heed signs.   I have a large German Shepard .  Trained to protect.  And on both gates leading to the backyard, a sign which says :BEWARE OF DOG.   So... two days ago, the company putting in a new cable for my tv showed up.  Did not go to the front door.  Did not heed the sign on the gate.  I did not see it, but my wife did.  The cable layer got the surprise of his life., as he opened the gate.  Wife said he must have jumped back ten feet, when my German spotted him.  All he had to do was read the sign, knock on our front door, and we would have let our German in the house.  Instead, he probably spoiled his pants. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

1. Man buns

yours? 

-Any man in a Speedo

-People driving with their dog in their lap

- the "Gig" Economy

-3 state California

4 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

1. Man buns

yours? 

1. "The Room"

2. Cats with tattoos

3. Pickled pigs feet

4. The Cleveland Browns

Two things I don't understand (among many other things), one basketball related and the other social:

1. Highly ranked players being interested in UL.  Surely the NCAA will drop a big hammer on them.  Right?  Then again, in typical NCAA form they'll probably get off scot free.

2. Dancing.  I've never understood it.  I don't do it and think anyone doing it looks like an idiot.  This one might be a genetic defect since I'm apparently in a very small minority.

Wow.  You guys are harsh. 

Just this afternoon, I was driving around, man bun in place, wearing nothing but a speedo with my dog on my lap, while my 310 pound girlfriend was in the passenger seat wearing spandex and eating pickled pigs feet.  We were talking in Mandarin about moving out west if the 3 California thing passes, but would have to get NFL Ticket on direct TV so we could watch our beloved Cleveland Browns.

I'm glad I don't post much on this message board, or I would have thought you guys were talking about me.

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Two things I don't understand (among many other things), one basketball related and the other social:

2. Dancing.  I've never understood it.  I don't do it and think anyone doing it looks like an idiot.  This one might be a genetic defect since I'm apparently in a very small minority.

And here, I thought I was the only one that thought like you.  Glad to know I am not alone.  With the exception that I think dancers are idiots.  I don't feel that way.  I do enjoy  watching others who dance.  Just not me. 

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

1. Man buns

yours? 

People that prey on the elderly

Reality TV

Keeping animals in small cages

The cost of concessions at sporting events, movie theaters, etc.

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

People that prey on the elderly

I can relate to this one.  Hardly a week goes by that either I, or my wife does not get a fake IRS call, telling us we are going to jail.  I block the calls and report them to the no call list.  Yet.... they continue to call.

Thanks to my great IU education, and despite my age.... I know better than to respond.

Police officer scams an IRS scammer with return phone call

213-328-7811 | 2133287811 - Phone Scam Alert! 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I can relate to this one.  Hardly a week goes by that either I, or my wife does not get a fake IRS call, telling us we are going to jail.  I block the calls and report them to the no call list.  Yet.... they continue to call.

Thanks to my great IU education, and despite my age.... I know better than to respond.

Police officer scams an IRS scammer with return phone call

213-328-7811 | 2133287811 - Phone Scam Alert! 

Last time I got one of those , I told the guy "No, you're not from the IRS.  You are a crook. Nothing but a crook.  And, if you call here again, I'll report it to my neighbor, who is a federal agent."  

I've not been called since.

Off topic post. Zach Randolph's brother was shot and killed last night in Marion. I know a guy in Marion that had some business with Zach. Needless to say Zach always brushed up against some trouble when he came back home....but nothing like his brother Roger. 

Roger had access to possibilities only a very few dream of and he chose a path. What a waste. Been in and out of prison himself. Couldn't be older than 35 tops.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Off topic post. Zach Randolph's brother was shot and killed last night in Marion. I know a guy in Marion that had some business with Zach. Needless to say Zach always brushed up against some trouble when he came back home....but nothing like his brother Roger. 

Roger had access to possibilities only a very few dream of and he chose a path. What a waste. Been in and out of prison himself. Couldn't be older than 35 tops.

Yeah just heard that.  Sad.  I think Zach came from a troubled background if I remember correctly. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/16/nba-star-zach-randolphs-brother-killed-in-shooting-outside-indiana-bar.html

On 6/16/2018 at 11:16 AM, Seeking6 said:

Follow up to this story. Somebody set the bar/restaurant on fire last night/early this morning. That's what we call keep your mouth shut arson. 

-people that look totally fit and healthy that park in a handicap spot.  Some have the gall to practically SKIP to the store. My neighbor hurt her wrist, they gave her a handicapped permit, been forever she still has it. I give her tons of grief about it...she couldn't care less, 'everyone else does it'

Makes me wish my Superman laser vision worked so to flatten some tires. 

I have an uncle who is paralyzed.  Going to the store one day a local prominent business owner pulled into the only open handicap spot right before my uncle did.  My uncle asked him to move and was told to f off.

My uncle created a satire website for the sole purpose of making fun of this guy for anything and everything. My uncle got sued for slander, represented himself in court, and won.

People who are capable but use handicap spots anyway should sit on a cactus. 

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have an uncle who is paralyzed.  Going to the store one day a local prominent business owner pulled into the only open handicap spot right before my uncle did.  My uncle asked him to move and was told to f off.

My uncle created a satire website for the sole purpose of making fun of this guy for anything and everything. My uncle got sued for slander, represented himself in court, and won.

People who are capable but use handicap spots anyway should sit on a cactus. 

LOL...I know EXACTLY who you are talking about.  I think I still have print copies of the satire website.  That was some hilarious stuff and I've had a couple of entertaining conversations with your uncle over his shenanigans and the ensuing deposition of said prominent businessman.  The entertainment factor of that whole soap opera was off the charts.

Archived