The Off-Topic Thread

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL...I know EXACTLY who you are talking about.  I think I still have print copies of the satire website.  That was some hilarious stuff and I've had a couple of entertaining conversations with your uncle over his shenanigans and the ensuing deposition of said prominent businessman.  The entertainment factor of that whole soap opera was off the charts.

The smartest guy in world. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is perfect for the way my brain works when I'm at work..

I have a shoe problem, I admit it. I also don't like tying shoes. So now i'm into the no-tie Sketchers (that look like tennis shoes), i have most colors they make, unfortunately they keep making more. For vacation i pack more shoes than my wife. Yes, it's an issue, but I'll be ok. I survived Crocs, I'll get though this

23 hours ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

-people that look totally fit and healthy that park in a handicap spot.  Some have the gall to practically SKIP to the store. My neighbor hurt her wrist, they gave her a handicapped permit, been forever she still has it. I give her tons of grief about it...she couldn't care less, 'everyone else does it'

Makes me wish my Superman laser vision worked so to flatten some tires. 

True story.  We have a good friend who has a serious eye issue.  Before it got to be as bad as it is now, and just before she stopped driving due to it.... the doctor issued her a handicap placard, to hang from her rear view mirror.  Mind you, she looked physically fit.... but had eye issues.  Legal to drive, but just barely. 

Anywhoo.  She parks in a handicapped spot one day, and this lady starts giving her grief.  And asks :  "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU !? "   Without hesitation, our friend replies :

"I can't see ! "   The lady who was giving her grief did not know what to make of that response, and without another word, turned around and walked away.  Happened a number of years ago.... however, telling the story never ceases to cause me to laugh.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:39 PM, milehiiu said:

I can relate to this one.  Hardly a week goes by that either I, or my wife does not get a fake IRS call, telling us we are going to jail.  I block the calls and report them to the no call list.  Yet.... they continue to call.

I've gotten the call: "we're the IRS and we're gonna issue an arrest warrant for you," and similar stuff. I've reported them to the IRS. They called my house a few months ago when I wasn't here and left the same message on my answering machine. I've saved it for when the IRS wants my help in nailing these crooks. Waiting . . . .

In the interim, they get some slightly more confounded elderly folks on the line and tell them about an arrest warrant,  the elderlies will cough up a credit card number. Who wants to go to jail? I hate these scammers and I don't understand why the federal prosecutors aren't raining hell down on them.

58 minutes ago, Mac said:

I've gotten the call: "we're the IRS and we're gonna issue an arrest warrant for you," and similar stuff. I've reported them to the IRS. They called my house a few months ago when I wasn't here and left the same message on my answering machine. I've saved it for when the IRS wants my help in nailing these crooks. Waiting . . . .

In the interim, they get some slightly more confounded elderly folks on the line and tell them about an arrest warrant,  the elderlies will cough up a credit card number. Who wants to go to jail? I hate these scammers and I don't understand why the federal prosecutors aren't raining hell down on them.

Typically these people aren’t in the US. 

Anytime I get the IRS scam call I try to spend as much time as possible on the phone with them, if I’m available. If everyone answered and wasted time they would have to stop

Its the same idea as the Nigerian prince email scam. It weeds out 99% of everyone immediately and the scammers don’t waste time. They make their money on the 1% old or gullible enough to fall for it. 

26 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Does anyone else have coworkers that want to fist bump all the time?  

No...but have had dealings with this guy

12 hours ago, madmax said:

Anytime I get the IRS scam call I try to spend as much time as possible on the phone with them, if I’m available. If everyone answered and wasted time they would have to stop

Its the same idea as the Nigerian prince email scam. It weeds out 99% of everyone immediately and the scammers don’t waste time. They make their money on the 1% old or gullible enough to fall for it. 

Here's a video where the guy scammed the IRS scammer for more than one hour :

IRS Scammer wants Google Play Cards from Walmart! Timeline Included! 

Rare, as in this video do the IRS scammers ask for a credit card.... the charge of which can be reversed. 

Another video.  Personally, since this has been going on for so many years, and I only have seen one arrest made of people in the U.S...... 

IRS Scam Arrests 

....... I think the more we can spread news about this scam among friends and family is the best way to combat this scam.  I have alerted many of my friends to this scam.  Some of which knew about it, and other who did not, but got calls after I alerted them to this scam.  So.... tell all your friends and family about this, and have them spread the word.

IRS Scammer wants Google Play Cards from Speedway Gas Station! 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

This is absolutely dead on!

As a former hockey player, I HATE the flop and dive, in soccer and in basketball (king of all dives: Verajao). 

However, Reggie is one of my favorite players of all time, so, well....

Reggie Theus? How did the Bulls not win Championships with Gilmore, Theus, and Woolridge??? It's a travesty!!! 

11 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Hockey doesn’t do anything for me.   I’d rather read scripture all day than be subjected to hockey.  Living in Chicago now, I’m startled by how into hockey people are, and how big youth leagues are.   

Conversely, I like the World Cup in soccer.  I’m not going to sit and watch every game, but spot watching can be fun.  So much passion.  

PS are we doing a thread on the nba draft?

Archived