The Off-Topic Thread

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Gotta love that, after the lady has to go to the hospital, had to have a scan to see if she had a concussion, of course had to pay for hospital expenses, the Phillies offered her a ticket to another game. Oh the compassion!

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Gotta love that, after the lady has to go to the hospital, had to have a scan to see if she had a concussion, of course had to pay for hospital expenses, the Phillies offered her a ticket to another game. Oh the compassion!

The Phillies organization did reach out to apologize.  Did they do more?  Dunno, I hope so.

Makes me wonder how many lawsuits would stay out of court if a sincere apology was offered.  Although, in this case, sincerety may prove difficult.  "Sorry about your face, I mean hahahahot dog"

Something OT that struck me as a little odd. Harbaugh called into a talk show to invite Chris Webber back to campus, attend game,etc...it will be Webber first campus appearance since he was essentially banned.

What struck me as odd was the university didn't invite him and company man John Beilein didn't. Only Harbaugh invited Webber. Just seems weird to me that the basketball program wouldn't invite him back or the university.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Been following John's website for years.  He is very dedicated.  And I can always rely upon his authenticity.  In fact... it's where I found where two members of our former sites were coaching.... both in Indy. One a men's coach. Sill coaching at Attucks.  And the other ...a girl's coach. The men's coach is still coaching (Birdman)... while the other ( name will remain unposted, but look up coaches for girl's schools in Indy to find it )  lost his job after just a few losing seasons.

When I think of Harrell.... I think of our own Snowden.  Dedicated to passing information along to us.  Free of charge. With no qualms.  Always there. Always prepared. 

Really great to see Mr Harrel's picture.  And thanks so much for this great link 5 !

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

... while the other  lost his job after just a few losing seasons.

I always had the impression that he was smarter than IU's coaching staff, and certainly smarter than any other forum participants.  I'll never understand why these coaching savants who can't eke out a winning record in high school girls basketball remain undiscovered by power 5 men's basketball programs.

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I always had the impression that he was smarter than IU's coaching staff, and certainly smarter than any other forum participants.  I'll never understand why these coaching savants who can't eke out a winning record in high school girls basketball remain undiscovered by power 5 men's basketball programs.

Guy lasted 3 seasons at his last ( and hopefully final) coaching gig.  All three losing seasons. Yet he bragged on his bio that he more than increased his winning percentage  by more than 100% from his first year to his second.  Not hard to do, when you win only one game in your first year, and go to 8 wins, the next..... and then finish with a losing record of 11 wins in your final season.

Former IU FB kicker who never got off the bench...yet as you say... told us all he was smarter than any IU coach at the time. 

FKM01.....today's coveted milehiiu "Well Done".... goes out to you !   Congrats.    And thanks for being a member.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

You have to love when you pull up espn.com at work and they have a naked man on their front page.  

Or not🤓. Especially if it's an old fart like Greg Norman. 

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wendell Carter Jr's mom calling out coach K...felt they were misled/ lied to...

Was just coming here to link that, here’s the article.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/wendell-carter-jrs-blessing-disguise-could-be-big-time-gain-bulls?amp&__twitter_impression=true

The family obviously wasn’t expecting K to recruit over WCJ with Bagley.  One more piece of evidence to bolster my opinion that K is the biggest scumbag in college basketball.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Been following John's website for years.  He is very dedicated.  And I can always rely upon his authenticity.  In fact... it's where I found where two members of our former sites were coaching.... both in Indy. One a men's coach. Sill coaching at Attucks.  And the other ...a girl's coach. The men's coach is still coaching (Birdman)... while the other ( name will remain unposted, but look up coaches for girl's schools in Indy to find it )  lost his job after just a few losing seasons.

When I think of Harrell.... I think of our own Snowden.  Dedicated to passing information along to us.  Free of charge. With no qualms.  Always there. Always prepared. 

Really great to see Mr Harrel's picture.  And thanks so much for this great link 5 !

Was this necessary? 

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Was this necessary? 

Yes. If you only knew of the vicious private messages sent my way.  Penis size.  Totally, necessary..  Plus the threats of law suits sent my way.

Now. I know some liked him.  Maybe even you.  However, none walked through the crap he sent my way. 

I understand. That's why I did not mention a name.  But will never forget the arrogance and the vitriol, plus threats of law suits sent my way. 

KOB.  You have been around for a long time now. And I appreciate your loyalty. But surely you must recall the vitriol sent not only to me.... but many other members. And when I attempted to stop it.... it only became worse, via private messages. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes. If you only knew of the vicious private messages sent my way.  Penis size.  Totally, necessary..  Plus the threats of law suits sent my way.

Now. I know some liked him.  Maybe even you.  However, none walked through the crap he sent my way. 

I understand. That's why I did not mention a name.  But will never forget the arrogance and the vitriol, plus threats of law suits sent my way. 

KOB.  You have been around for a long time now. And I appreciate your loyalty. But surely you must recall the vitriol sent not only to me.... but many other members. And when I attempted to stop it.... it only became worse, via private messages. 

I did appreciate his perspective quite a bit, but I also don't doubt he did that. I just don't see he needs to be brought up is all. 

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I did appreciate his perspective quite a bit, but I also don't doubt he did that. I just don't see he needs to be brought up is all. 

I agree.  To an extent.  History, and water under the bridge.  However, still relevant in terms of the history of  Harrel's site. And Indiana High School basketball. Plus relevance to a game we all treasure so much  Other coaches listed there as well.  Some for the better and some for not.  My apologies for bringing up one.... of the one's .... not. 

6 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Was just coming here to link that, here’s the article.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/wendell-carter-jrs-blessing-disguise-could-be-big-time-gain-bulls?amp&__twitter_impression=true

The family obviously wasn’t expecting K to recruit over WCJ with Bagley.  One more piece of evidence to bolster my opinion that K is the biggest scumbag in college basketball.

I believe there was another article about another former player and their family recently.  I thought I remember reading Coach K actually made the mother of the player cry.  It was Semi Ojileye and by all accounts, I would normally take the coach's side in this even if it was Coach K.  Given it was Semi Ojeleye, I would believe him every time.  Time will likely reveal more dirt.  I wish I were at my computer to link the May 1st article.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

A coach getting the best players available every recruiting class? Shocking. News at 11. Sorry Carter family. Head to Hofstra if you don't want competition. Otherwise...please just shut up. 

Hofstra won 19 games last season.  

Archived